Roberto Baggio (8 Viewers)

maykir

Jan 16, 2008
Denco, thanks for your answer. I read in one article about Baggio's departure from Juve.He blamed Bettega for asking leaders of Juve's tiffosi to organize booing for Baggio. I hate Juve's managers of that time because of their inhumanity.

To Elvin.
Baggio won the Balon D'or in strong competition with Denis Begkamp.Baggio's days of glory were good years for Beppe Signori,Gianfranco Zolla,Roberto Mancini from Italy and glorious days for Gullit and Van Basten.So, it wasn't an easy trip to win the Balon D'or in 90's.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
To Elvin.
Baggio won the Balon D'or in strong competition with Denis Begkamp.Baggio's days of glory were good years for Beppe Signori,Gianfranco Zolla,Roberto Mancini from Italy and glorious days for Gullit and Van Basten.So, it wasn't an easy trip to win the Balon D'or in 90's.
I don't know man, if a guy that won the UEFA Cup is the one that gets the award, it must've been a pretty shitty competition.

Anyway, I feel guilty saying these stuff about a Juve legend, so I'll pass on the argument...

maykir

Jan 16, 2008
To Elvin.
In 90's, UEFA cup was a valuable troffi.As you know, nowadays even russian soccer club CSKA can win that troffi and it's worth of nothing troffi. Baggio got his Balon D'or because of his great efforts during all that competition.As you know, Baggio led Juve to the UEFA cup and won the final practically by himself.I mean, that he had no great teammates at that time.He had no Zidane, no Inzagi, no Trezegol, no Nedved. Maybe I'm wrong, but his teammates in 92-93 were Vialli and Moeler.

maykir

Jan 16, 2008
Can anybody answer why Baggio has good relationship with Moratti? I even read that Baggio called Morattio and congratulated him with their scudetto last year.Has anybody read any Baggio's comments about calciopoli or Moggigate?

maykir

Jan 16, 2008
to zZ[-_-]Zz. Thank you very much!Those pictures reveal many good memories to me.After many years, watching Ronaldo and other great strikers, I can't hold myself from admiration of Baggio.I don't care of not being him true Juventini and his short Juve's career.He won only 1 scudetto wit Juve,missed a spot kick in WC,didn't win CL' cups, but his talent was and is alway unquestionable to me.Baggio and Beppe Signori with Gascoigne and Cantona are my favorites from 90's.

to ALL. Who was Juve's captain after Baggio?

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
to zZ[-_-]Zz. Thank you very much!Those pictures reveal many good memories to me.After many years, watching Ronaldo and other great strikers, I can't hold myself from admiration of Baggio.I don't care of not being him true Juventini and his short Juve's career.He won only 1 scudetto wit Juve,missed a spot kick in WC,didn't win CL' cups, but his talent was and is alway unquestionable to me.Baggio and Beppe Signori with Gascoigne and Cantona are my favorites from 90's.

Antonio Conte

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002

Gianluca Vialli

maykir

Jan 16, 2008
To Denco. Gianluca Vialli.Another great Juve's player.After Baggio, I missed him much.Baggio, Vialli, Ravanelli and young Del Piero formed my favourite attacking squad from all times. I think that bald Vialli and Baggio with his Il Divin Codino looked very weird and fany on old pictures of the whole team.

to All. Does anybody know about relationship between Baggio and Paolo Di Canio? Were there any quarrels and fights betwen them in their presence in Juve?

Baggio93

Jan 22, 2004
One thing is for sure Baggio is was and ever will be the best player to ever play the game, and what he has done in brescia is second to none ! Unbelievable a man who keeps a team in seria for two seasons all alone !
I still say if Baggio had not left Juve we would have had the best team ever, the real galactics, Imagine Delpiero, Vialli, Baggio, conte, Ferrare, Zidane, Cannavaro, Buffon,Nedved... all on the same team !

What a squad

Buffon
Montero - Ferrara - Cannavaro - Torricelli
Dechamps - Davids
Baggio - Zidane - Del Piero
Vialli (Boksic,Trez)

Man, that team would have rocked !

delpiero4life

Mar 23, 2010
I go with Del Piero only because he was a team player while Baggio wanted all the fame for himself and he always enjoyed the one man team role.

Noone can doubt his genious, but Baggio was so selfish and he didn't want to share anything with another star that it hurt the team only.
Look at how much did Juve win with Baggio and how much after Del Piero took over his role. Look at how many cl finals in a row, how many scudetti in a row did Milan win and how dominant they were with Savicevic <while Baggio was in Juve> and how they started choking when Baggio became the star of the team.

And then, in his later years, when he wasnt capable anymore to lead a great team, he didnt want to accept the team player role, like Nedved, Del Piero and the likes do in ther final years, but he again wanted to be the star and he started playing for mickey mouse teams like Bologna and Brescia.
no actually he went to bologna for a chance to mafe france 98, and Brescia to make world cup 2002.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)