Roberto Baggio (14 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Brescia have Baggio plan
Thursday 12 October, 2006
Brescia Coach Mario Somma has made the shock revelation that he’s trying to tempt Roberto Baggio out of retirement.

The Italian legend ended his stunning career with the Lombard club in the summer of 2004, but Somma is ready to offer him the chance of a sensational return.

“We can’t sign someone like Luca Toni, who is tied to Fiorentina, but we could certainly have a go at Baggio,” he declared.

“If things go in a certain direction for us this season, then why couldn't we convince Baggio to again wear the Brescia shirt?”

So intent of having the opportunity to boss the Divine Ponytail, Somma is ready to shelve his preferred tactical plans.

"I made a vow never to play a trequartista behind the strikers, but I'd make an exception for Baggio,” he added.

“Football is about emotion and to bring Baggio back to the club would create a great wave of emotion amongst our fans."

However, the chances of seeing Baggio – who appeared in three World Cups for the Azzurri – return seem slim if not impossible.

Baggio hasn’t kicked a ball since he retired from the game and he’ll celebrate his 40th birthday on February 18.
------------------------------------------------
those guys wont leave him alone.

Sicilian Juve

May 17, 2006
one of the best players to ever touch a ball imo, the guy was simply amazing and for me i was blessed to have seen him play for a long time.

shame he had to leave juve, would've been amazing if he stayed here.

forza roby i hope u come back to this club some day.
Well said. He is the reason I am a bianconeri fan. Forza Roby.:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)