Roberto Baggio (7 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
RAI INTERNATIONAL showed "Sfide" last night, the program was all about Baggio. I caught the last half-hour, and as much as my Italian is improving, it made the show more enjoyable.

What pisses me off most is Trap !!! That horses-ass should have included Roby in the WC squad. I almost feel sad to say that we will probably never see Roby again on the National team, and it is such a shame.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Shame that you caught just the last half an houer :down: the program was 2 houers long... Anycase they will probably show it again, cause it's the 3° of 4° time it has been schowed...

Not picking Roby 4 the WC, was an unforgettable mistake, who will sign Trapattoni 4 ever... whatever he did in the past and will do in the future he will be remembered 4 it... he crusced the dreames of a whole country excluding the simbol of Italian soccer and ouers biggest hero, from his 4° WC. But seeing how it went it was maybe better 4 Roby, not to be part of those big failure...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Yep, nice touch, Roby :cool:
:thumb: And not only the goal, also the 2 assists and the whole match!
I do not have so many words to describe what he did yesterday :touched: so I will translate a short comment taken from "La Gazzetta dello Sport":

R.BAGGIO ->9 Baggio has no limits! He place him self in the 3/4 of the field and start "painting soccer". Atalanta can't do anything to stop him, they don't even know which saint to invoke when he has the ball. He is out of any contest and competition, at the border with "real world". The Dalai Lama of soccer.

In the pic: Roby exulting under the "curva" yesterday.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I was wondering mate ... do you have a football kit with Baggio name on it? Or should I ask How many? :D Do you have a pic of him, maybe with him, an autograph? :) Have you ever talked to him?

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
I was wondering mate ... do you have a football kit with Baggio name on it? Or should I ask How many? :D Do you have a pic of him, maybe with him, an autograph? :) Have you ever talked to him?
I do not have any football kit or posters from Roby :) 4 me it's a joy to see him playing, but I don't need anything like this, the only thing I have is an authograph.
I've seen him from close more than one time, but is very difficolt to speak with him, cause also if he always stop by his fans they are always too many, as you imagine ;) And sometimes they get crazy, jump on him, try to steal a hear from him, or someting like that....
I remember once, when he signed 4 Inter, he was seen entering by motorbike Inter office and it was said at the TV and Radio... in less than one houer everybody runned there and there was so many peaple that they had to close Milan center to traffic.
That time I went too :D, you listen in the TV, that Roby is 10 minutes to your home... it's natural to go there...
When he had to go out it was so funny... so many crazy peaple running after him screaming! :D

The others times I saw him from close it's at the exit of Rigamonti stadium... as I told you he goes out by his car and everybody go there to clap him after the match, sometimes he stop 4 few minutes too actually.

In the pic: the day Roby signed 4 Inter

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Ah what a wonderful goal, i have to say I am very partial to chips as i love them, i have read that that its probably baggio's best goal in a Brescia shirt, well it was good but my fave has to be the one he scored against Juve in Turin as to control the ball and beat the goall keeper in almost one movement is the hall mark of a world class player and not too many players can do that

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Still, I do feel the praise he got for that one was a tad exaggerated. Surely it was a nice piece of skill but I consider it laughable to claim noone else could have pulled it off, as has been suggested some time in the past.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
The praise is 4 all the match not "just" 4 the goal... Have you seen the action he did before the assist to Petruzzi? :eek: And than also the assist to Appiah, all the perfect passing and dribblings... he was really in one of those days when ther's nothing to do to stop him.

I don't know which one is my favourite goal of Roby in the Brescia schirt... I liked the one to VDS, the one vs Piacenza who before the pause was elected this seaon serie A most beautiful one and of course this last one, but 4 some reasons my favorite is the goal vs Lecce that he did directly from the corner... maybe because he tried a lot of times to do something like that, he went very close from doing it, but (if I remember good) it was the first time he made it.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
U yep the one to VDS :)
I think that Roby did more spectacular goals than that one, but yes... is true that in the same situation I don't know how many players wuould score in that way... It looked like he choose the most difficolt way... But as he say "If you don't try to score special goals you will score just normal ones and often not even them" :D

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
And have you ever managed to met him from close? :)
Not yet, but I'm planning :) It's kind of difficult, since he doesn't stay at Brescia during the week to train with the other guys. He always trains alone nowdays at home, right? :undecide:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
He trains alone with his trainer Enrique Miguel in the first time of the week and in long periods like 4 example the summer and the period of the pauses (this time he went to Argentina), but as I know he trains also with the team sometimes, when they are doing "training matches" or when they prepear the matches like 4 example in fryday or saturday. Anycase is true is very difficolt to plan wheare to find him... I can't help you cause I never been to the trainings... the best thing I can suggest you is to try to contact Italian peaple in www.robertobaggio.com . Probably you will find somebody who knows weare to go... sometimes I read on the newspaper about peaple who camped outside Isokitinetik or outside his house 4 seeing him... I bet they know exately where he is every day :D

mate

Aug 28, 2002
After Roby goal Pep Guardiola (who last year during a TV schow said: "Baggio is God" embarazing everyone) did 80 meters running to join him under the curva :touched:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Still, I do feel the praise he got for that one was a tad exaggerated. Surely it was a nice piece of skill but I consider it laughable to claim noone else could have pulled it off, as has been suggested some time in the past.
I thought it was alovely goal, the one i find to be exaggerated is the one against Piacenza which Mate has informed us was said to be the best this season

Sorry but there was nothing in the goal and Signori scored a similar goal against Roma while Eusebio scored a better version imo just this sunday

nina

Feb 18, 2001
He trains alone with his trainer Enrique Miguel in the first time of the week and in long periods like 4 example the summer and the period of the pauses (this time he went to Argentina), but as I know he trains also with the team sometimes, when they are doing "training matches" or when they prepear the matches like 4 example in fryday or saturday. Anycase is true is very difficolt to plan wheare to find him... I can't help you cause I never been to the trainings... the best thing I can suggest you is to try to contact Italian peaple in www.robertobaggio.com . Probably you will find somebody who knows weare to go... sometimes I read on the newspaper about peaple who camped outside Isokitinetik or outside his house 4 seeing him... I bet they know exately where he is every day :D
I'll just go to Brescia for a week and monitor the training ground all day long ... it's not like there's anything better to do in Brescia :angel: :D

My fav Baggio goal is from the Azzurri ... don't know exactly who was the opponent, but he ran from the middle of the picth all the way to the goal, dribbling past the opponents and at the end scorring :star:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
I thought it was alovely goal, the one i find to be exaggerated is the one against Piacenza which Mate has informed us was said to be the best this season

Sorry but there was nothing in the goal and Signori scored a similar goal against Roma while Eusebio scored a better version imo just this sunday
It was choosen by Gazzetta della dello sport (Italian major sport newspaper) as the most beautiful goal of the CURRENT season till the pause... not the best of the history or something like that... I'm sure that Signori, Eusebio and many others players scored similar goals. I posted the translation of the article while ago... Anycase it not include the last matches... if not Roby lob and also Adriano goal will be included surely, or well... I will do it, but I do not work in gazzetta :D so....

"La Gazzetta dello sport" newspaper revisited the most beautiful goals of the current season and they choose as the first Roby goal vs Piacenza :thumb:

Here is the top 5:

1) THE DIVINE
1° february 2003, 19° turn, Piacenza-Brescia 1-4: Bachini found Roberto Baggio with a soft pass. For the first moment the Codino do not care of the ball, cause he is watching the goalkeeper and this is the sign of how he is sure and how he is dominating the situation. Checked out Guardalben, Baggio coordinate and send the ball in the net with a simply perfect "flying right". On the tecnical side this is the most beautiful goal of this championschip, at list for the moment.

2)FABRIZIO MICCOLI
9° february 2003, 20° turn, Perugia-Milan 1-0

3)DAVID TREZEGUET
9° march 2003, 24° turn, Udinese Juventus 1-0

4)PAVEL NEDVED
15° march 2003, 25° turn, Juventus Modena 3-0

5)BEPPE SIGNORI
16 march 2003, 25° turn, Bologna-Udinese 1-0
Personaly I also think that this last one is more beautiful, maybe cause is rare to see players scoring by lob, but they are very different so is hard to choose... the one vs Piacenza was really good too.

++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

I'll just go to Brescia for a week and monitor the training ground all day long ... it's not like there's anything better to do in Brescia :angel: :D

My fav Baggio goal is from the Azzurri ... don't know exactly who was the opponent, but he ran from the middle of the picth all the way to the goal, dribbling past the opponents and at the end scorring :star:
You mean surely the goal vs Ceckoslovakia in Italia 90 WC :) It was really amazing!!! :thumb: Anycase there are 2 very similar goals who he scored in the Fiorentina jersey vs Milan and Naploli, weare he started even more back (in the one vs Napoli in his team own area doing a real "cost to cost"), but that one it was in the WC, the most important soccer tournament so I will agree to choose it as his best one ;)

Grate that you are going to Brescia :extatic: :extatic: :extatic:
Yep the best thing to do there it will be to see Roby training cause as a city I guess there's nothing interesting...
I hear that there are many peaple from abroad who go there to see Roby, maybe they can give you some info, try also here:
http://www.pro-paul.net/baggio/english/
By my side all that I know about Brescia is the train station and the Rigamonti stadium, cause I just went there 4 some matches and never monitor the trainings nor I visited the city, but as I heard it is :yuck: Anycase as I know Brescia train someweare outside the city.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I am not sure why i called him Eusebio, I meant Di franceso , the guy who used to play for Roma , thats his first name i think, he scored a gr8 volley on sunday

I was talking about my opinion and I said you informed us not that it was your opinion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)