Robert Kovac out? NO! He's Staying! (6 Viewers)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Kovac staying?:shocked: .
I am still sceptical but if we can get hold of his services then that might just about be the best off-season signing our management team is going to make.
Beside being one of the best defenders around, I like the fact that Kovac is a model professional with a great temperament.
There youngsters like Masiello and Piccolo could definetely learn a thing or two both on and off the field from Kovac.

Kovac, Del Piero, Buffon, Giannichedda, perhaps Nedved is a pretty strong foundation to build youth policy on. Scums like Zebina, Zlatan should be discarded as soon as possible.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I'm starting to like how thigns turn out, now that Kovac has pledged his future, we will have a rock in defence. Kovac is definitely a good player who makes timely tackles, and along with Tudor, we will be playing in top flight soon as bnoth of them have played alongside each other before. I rather give Livorno Legro

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
ZhiXin said:
I'm starting to like how thigns turn out, now that Kovac has pledged his future, we will have a rock in defence. Kovac is definitely a good player who makes timely tackles, and along with Tudor, we will be playing in top flight soon as bnoth of them have played alongside each other before. I rather give Livorno Legro
I agree that Kovac is a must keep at this moment of time. I just cannot see how we can replace a players of such experience, professionalism and ability without paying significant wages and transfer fees.
However, I think Tudor is just too injury prone to have in Serie B, and I am also presuming that Livorno would prefer to have him than Legro.
Personally, I think that a combination of Tudor, Olivera/Zalayeta, a prospect with future promotion, performance contingent transfer deal could bring down price tag for Lucarelli significantly.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Jun-hide said:
I agree that Kovac is a must keep at this moment of time. I just cannot see how we can replace a players of such experience, professionalism and ability without paying significant wages and transfer fees.
However, I think Tudor is just too injury prone to have in Serie B, and I am also presuming that Livorno would prefer to have him than Legro.
Personally, I think that a combination of Tudor, Olivera/Zalayeta, a prospect with future promotion, performance contingent transfer deal could bring down price tag for Lucarelli significantly.
Amazingly, I still can't believe myself why Kovac refused to stay at Bayern to play and come to Juventus as a substitute.

I agree that Tudor is injury-proned, but when he is on form, he can be class. Also he provides an added dimension in terms of headers and volleys

Personally I'm not into Lucarelli since he is already > 30 years old, I rather invest on Palladino, who has still many years to go and become Italy's striker with proper nurturing

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
ZhiXin said:
Amazingly, I still can't believe myself why Kovac refused to stay at Bayern to play and come to Juventus as a substitute.

I agree that Tudor is injury-proned, but when he is on form, he can be class. Also he provides an added dimension in terms of headers and volleys

Personally I'm not into Lucarelli since he is already > 30 years old, I rather invest on Palladino, who has still many years to go and become Italy's striker with proper nurturing
I agree Kovac deserves better than bench. But I get a feeling that Kovac may have supported our club since he was a boy or maybe he grew up watching Serie A.

I like Tudor, I really do. I actually have something of a personal affection for him like Del Piero, watching him develop as a player ever since he arrived as a promising teenager.

But we have take into the consider his wage, and what we can fetch in the open market. I dont have any idea of the our financial outlook for next year but without the money from the CL, and possible contract void with the Mediaset could mean that every little bit may count.
I see no need for well paid 3 veterans defenders in the team, especially Serie B.
While I would glad to trade away crap that Legro is, Tudor is going to fetch a lot more.

The question then is Lucarelli worth it? I am almost certain that Trezeguet is leaving. Without Trezeguet, this team is without bonified goal-scoring threat, and I think Lucarelli is a good alternative, especially if Deschamp is playing 4-3-3. Besides, Lucarelli is more than just a goal-scorer, and I think he would compliment well with Marchionni down on the wings. His experiences in Serie B is definetely a plus.

Personally the rumored Tudor, 3-4m for Lucarelli is a bit steep price for a 30+ so I agree with you that at present the deal should not go through. And we have to take his wage into consideration. He is not goingto take 0.5m a year deal after rejecting 2m from Russia.
However, if we can bring down the prices by offering Zalayeta, Olivera, or co-ownership deal with a promising youngster or some future contigent payment, and Livorno accepts it, then I think it would be a good deal for both parties around.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
Jun-hide said:
I agree Kovac deserves better than bench. But I get a feeling that Kovac may have supported our club since he was a boy or maybe he grew up watching Serie A.

I like Tudor, I really do. I actually have something of a personal affection for him like Del Piero, watching him develop as a player ever since he arrived as a promising teenager.
He developed well and adapted well in some position, DM, RB, and CB. He settled the last position and performed well, but then injury haunted him and lost his top performance. too bad..
But he is still a good player when he have opportunity to show it. And this is the time.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
i heard livorno asked juventus about the availablity of tudor and nothing more...... we will have the croatian duo in the centre next year with the italian duo out wide :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)