Robert Acquafresca (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@kayo: no, ur right we aren't ungrateful but trez has warranted the right to play and if he wishes to leave because we can't guantee that then its time to move on. He will always score goals but like I said, for a 4th striker ATM he ears a lot. As much as everyone else here I'd like to see him get that sport back. But for economic purposes, instead of having so much money set aside for his wages the money could be used elsewhere. All I am saying is, perhaps is a good time to cash in, but like many here I wish trez all the best. If the man wants to leave then let him

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
@kayo: no, ur right we aren't ungrateful but trez has warranted the right to play and if he wishes to leave because we can't guantee that then its time to move on. He will always score goals but like I said, for a 4th striker ATM he ears a lot. As much as everyone else here I'd like to see him get that sport back. But for economic purposes, instead of having so much money set aside for his wages the money could be used elsewhere. All I am saying is, perhaps is a good time to cash in, but like many here I wish trez all the best. If the man wants to leave then let him
I would agree selling Trez if it was for Rossi. But for Acquafresca? Nah. Not worth it. I also think that our board wants to sell Trez more than he wants to leave.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I am not so sure that Trez will be our fourth choice striker come the start of next season. The two players we have in attack whose usefulness is more GOALS than CREATIVITY are Trez and Iaquinta. Vincenzo is a handful for all but the most robust defenders, but his finishing is not of the standard of the frenchman. he has unwavering heart, drive, determination and admirable strength. However, Trezeguet is pure class when it comes to scoring goals, against all levels of opposition. While Iaquinta muscles his way into goal scoring opportunities, Trezeguet ghosts into them, often completely unmarked.

I can only assume he wasn't given a start by Ciro at the end of last season because he had zero match sharpness, whereas Vincenzo was ready and rolling. Those last two games were incredibly important to both club and coach, as we all know, so it made sense to go with the sharpest players.

The optimum mix up front, is creativity, pace, goal scoring, strength in the air, positiong...Trezeguet gives us an extremely high quality dose of Goal Scoring, Strength in the air, and positioning...Del Piero is probably still the best bet for creativity, but Giovinco has shown that he could steal that crown, not years into the future, but perhaps this season, if he is given the chance. I love the idea of a Giovinco/ Trez partnership...

It seems Trez is staying put, and of that I am glad. If Acquafresca is indeed coming in, then someone else is leaving, and I can only assume that would be Amauri, who did not impress me much last season. Yes he is good on the ball, decent in the air, but not particularly strong, or blessed with typical brazillian flair, or and out and out goal scorer...so what does he bring????? He is the 4th choice striker as far as I am concerned.

Who knows, perhaps he could show far more, with far better service, which he failed to receive last season...Its possible.

However, if someone is to leave, it should be Amauri.

Then by all means, bring in the youngster.

But I stick to my suggestion, that Giovinco and Trezeguet would give us the strongest mix of Goal Scoring, Positioning, Strength in the air, Pace and Creativity.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You are very good poster, but I knew you would somehow make it about Amauri at the end, your bias is too ridicolously obvious :D

No, Freshwater being rumoured to us or ever coming has zero to do with Amauri, he is the last one we would sell. We spent 22m on him last year, remember? And he had a great fall, and suffered in second half like most of the time. I like Freshwater, even if I dont really want him even though he would be a decent backup, its insane to suggest selling Amauri for his sake. Amauri wont be 4th choice at all, he will have compeition with his 1st striker spot then he had earlier (if Trez stays and healthy, and Yak keeps his form), but he is has all the chance to maintain that 1st position of his, with quality service, will be topnotch.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
indeed, mate... I am yet to be confirmed as a fan of Amauri...though despite my criticisims, or reservations, I do remember what he showed at Palermo, and also, I am aware of the terrifying lack of quality service he received last season. too many times did I see him surrounded by a small army of opposition players with only the hapless Marchionni for support. Still, he needs to show more this season, to justify his hefty price tag, and I definately do not see him as a more lethal cutting edge up front than Trez can be, if the gallic goliath can remain fit, match sharp and happy.

But who can say what will happen when the two brazilians link up. perhaps the blood connection will show itself in our offensive play...its a possibility. What is for sure, is that with Diego on board, la formica atomica given far more opportunity to shine, and an all round happier squad (due to a lack of ranieri and an injection of Ciro), the service to our front line will be much improved.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Hey you arent that biased :D You just express your reservations about him too often, hehe.

But you are right, He needs to show more, but IMO he will, he has the quality to, give him the service, and just play good creative football, and he will have lots of more uses then just scoring goals. He is a very dynamic player. Yak can be in a better form, but Amauri is clearly better, Trez is a better finisher, and if he plays scores lots, he should start, but if Amauri also plays and is scoring mood, he IMO should start over Le Roi, because he has way more use and qualities to offer on a pitch then Trez (to the point, if he is also scoring as he should, is the must starting player).

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
I really don't like Amauri, cos I believe he can't score with his foot, i don't see him shooting neither, all he does is keep the ball up front, and tries to dribble (most of the times he fails to do so) I'd agree with Weedguru that he would definitely will be our fourth striker. He is very good in the air, so Is Iaquinta and Trezeguet. Trezeguet is the best finisher ever played this game. I wouldn't let Amauri go to Milan for good money so we could invest in a decent CB :D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
But I stick to my suggestion, that Giovinco and Trezeguet would give us the strongest mix of Goal Scoring, Positioning, Strength in the air, Pace and Creativity.
Great point!

My only concern is whether Trezeguet can last a season and play the majority of the season.

and another point to mention should be that come next season, we'll have a player in midfield who can actually create for our forwards. This was missing last season and the likes of Amauri and Iaquinta really missed out on being fed.

Ideally, it would be great if Trezeguet just stayed, and if he cuold get back to form, then we are set next season as we'll 4 forwards plus Giovinco who can give the team a lot upfront. Then the cash can be spent on supporting the defence and midfield.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
I guess you didn't see his goal in the Turin derby
I saw that one, and the other goal he scored against Ac Milan that's all for the whole season. Have you seen the fastest shoot from trezeguet? Amauri is a striker for God's sake she should be able to score with his fucking foot he is not paralyzed :)

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
I saw that one, and the other goal he scored against Ac Milan that's all for the whole season. Have you seen the fastest shoot from trezeguet? Amauri is a striker for God's sake she should be able to score with his fucking foot he is not paralyzed :)
He scored a few through volley/snap shots ... against Cagliari & Napoli and also opportunistic goals against Udinese & Reggina. Your claims are unfounded.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
indeed, mate... I am yet to be confirmed as a fan of Amauri...though despite my criticisims, or reservations, I do remember what he showed at Palermo, and also, I am aware of the terrifying lack of quality service he received last season. too many times did I see him surrounded by a small army of opposition players with only the hapless Marchionni for support. Still, he needs to show more this season, to justify his hefty price tag, and I definately do not see him as a more lethal cutting edge up front than Trez can be, if the gallic goliath can remain fit, match sharp and happy.

But who can say what will happen when the two brazilians link up. perhaps the blood connection will show itself in our offensive play...its a possibility. What is for sure, is that with Diego on board, la formica atomica given far more opportunity to shine, and an all round happier squad (due to a lack of ranieri and an injection of Ciro), the service to our front line will be much improved.
he single handedly carried the whole team on his back in a few games in the firwt half of the season
ur aso forgetting form between him.trez n iaquinta hes the only one that can actually dribble with the ball

and he was huge in the game against real madrid in turin..i like vincenzo but as apparent as his glorious missed chance against egypt for italy hes by far the clumsiest between the three

honestly in terms of skill and physical attributes i see amauri way ahead of trez n iaquinta

trez is a great goalscorer but hes so fkn slow and he contributes zero defensively..

i cqnt wqit for amauri to become italian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)