Robert Acquafresca (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
There are links that Acquafresca is the guy who is gonna be our 4th striker and replace Trez.

Acquafresca set for young Juve Sunday 14 June, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert Acquafresca could be the latest addition to Juventus’ bright young team after he was rejected by Inter.

“It makes me very proud, I never would’ve imagined a club of that calibre being interested in me,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I wish to make clear I never demanded a regular first team spot, just the chance to challenge for a place with everyone.”

The Cagliari striker scored an impressive 14 Serie A goals this season, but that was not enough for Jose Mourinho to recall him to San Siro.

He has been handed over to Genoa as part of the deal bringing Thiago Motta and Diego Milito to Inter, but does not have a space in the Rossoblu squad.

“This is one of those classic situations in which one door closes and another opens up,” added Acquafresca.

David Trezeguet is on his way out of Turin as part of the rejuvenation strategy under new Coach Ciro Ferrara.

Under-21 international Acquafresca would represent a valid and young alternative to Amauri and Vincenzo Iaquinta.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another link:
http://sport.virgilio.it/calcio/calciomercato/juve-ora-acquafresca-piu-vicino.html

He's 21,he had 2 very good seasons in Cagliari(10 & 14 goals),and he would gladly come from the bench.
The only thing i didn't like is Sports.it reporting of a deal that will leave Criscito to Genoa and we'll take Aquafresca.

Opinions?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
I was just gonna open this thread :( :D

Anyway, Acqua has shown that he has good potential, but I think Trezeguet won't be sold.

IMO, I want Trez to be sold and that kid signs for us.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I think he would look good in 4312, but apart from smaller wages (?) he definetly can't bring anything Trez didn't have, i think their qualities are pretty similar, just Trez is better in everything. Guiseppe Rossi definetly is the more tempting option.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'd take aqua and give him a shot. Future azzurri international, could be a very tempting risk. Granted in terms of finishing trez is light years ahead but aqua is younger, quicker and a futute potential italy international. As long as this move doesn't make us risk losing out on criscito I'd go for it. He would also be easy on the wages

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
we need a bench striker who doesnt expect to start, and he fits the bill. sure names such as rossi are more appealing, but also more expensive and possibly not needed if giovinco is the cover for del piero.

i think it would be smart move....how much?

OP
Roman

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    we need a bench striker who doesnt expect to start, and he fits the bill. sure names such as rossi are more appealing, but also more expensive and possibly not needed if giovinco is the cover for del piero.

i think it would be smart move....how much?
    Wasn't reported,only sports.it mentioned something like we give them half of Criscito they give us Aqua.

I really like this guy,he's young,fast,good ball control,he would be exited to join us+will take the role bench wich is really important.he's U-21 pefromer and future Azzuri...

I would love Trez to stay,but it does looks like he's not in Ciro's plans anymore...and Trez for sure will be last in the picking order after Alex,Amauri and IQ,so he won't happy either.and he has at best 2-3 good years in him IMO.

so i think it's good move.i just would really hate to lose on criscito,so better we give them the second half of Palla(we still have it right?)+cash/Poulsen/Marco/someone we don't need...

OP
    Roman

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    I've heard that Aquafresca's agent said that those rumours linking him with us are rubbish.
    I guess we'll wait and see,the reports were that Juve haven't talked to Genoa yet.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    he isn't better at speed and ball handling for sure.
    Not really. Trez may not be the fastest player on the earth, but it definetly isn't his minus, he still is fast enough. I've not seen a lot from Acquafresca, but i had the impression, that he is box striker just like Trez and not linesman nightmare like Inzaghi. David is better in every component - he is excellent in positioning, finishing the moves off, way more expierienced, better in the air and he handles the ball very well for such a tall man. As i said i've not seen enough of Acquafresca to judge, but i don't think he has anything to offer that Trez doesn't. Im not trying to say, that the italian is bad player, just we are going to loose one of the best in his position. If David leaves, i'd better see Del Piero replacement coming, and im not talking about Giovinco, but a natural SS.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Why would we get him at the expense of Trez if Trez his going to bring more quality to the side? We're trying to win trophies, we're not a breading ground for 'up and comers'.
    I don't want him. If we had room for him I'd take him, but all stikers spots are taken up by very high quality strikers and that's how it should stay.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    If we lose half of criscito then we will need a new right and left back. If a trez sale to a spanish/english team brings enough money to help us get those filled plus a good squad striker then I'm for a trez sale.

I love trez but him leaving could help the team in 3 areas. Its perhaps time to let the man go.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Why would we get him at the expense of Trez if Trez his going to bring more quality to the side? We're trying to win trophies, we're not a breading ground for 'up and comers'.
    I don't want him. If we had room for him I'd take him, but all stikers spots are taken up by very high quality strikers and that's how it should stay.
    Because he won't. I love Trez, but Acquafresca can offer us more right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)