Road to WC2006 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Don't talk to me about self destruction. The group with France, Ireland, Switzerland and Israel (+ Cyprus and the Faroes to make up the numbers) has been a a succession of matches where we've all taken turns to shoot ourselves in the foot. Ireland lead 2-0 at home to Israel,and someone mentioned Milan and a certain final. Robbie Keane gets injured, goes off; bang, bang. 2-2, it finishes. After we'd conceded an equaliser around 90 minutes to the same buggers in Tel Aviv. Sure, this time their keeper spent the entire second half playing "injured", but it's not bloody good enough. I imagine the French (who drew with everyone in France) must be about ready to shoot their players. They're third or 4th in a 1-horse & 2-pony race.
Tell me about it. Its been practically stalemate in that group for ages. Anything less then a win and a draw against either one of switzerland and France and Ireland is doomed.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 19, 2003
The big showdown in Africa between Ivory Coast and Egypt is this Sunday in Abidjan. This match will have a very big say in who qualifies out of the "Group of Death" containing the above 2 in addition to Cameroon, Libya, Sudan, and Benin.

We've had horrible luck with our top striker, Emad Meteb, being injured...in addition to Zidan and Besiktas midfielder, Hassan.

FORRRRRRRRRZA EGYPT!! :cool:

All or Nothing in Abidjan!

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #166

Super Eagles Chief Coach, Christian Chukwu exclusively revealed to KICK OFF on Friday his hit squad to play Angola in Saturday’s crucial World and African Nations Cup qualifier in Kano.

The starting line-up will see Atalanta star Ayodele Makinwa leading the Nigerian attack alongside Middlesbrough’s Yakubu Aiyegbeni, with Lille’s Osaze Odemwingie playing behind the two strikers.

Further support will be provided by the trio of skipper Jay Jay Okocha, Seyi Olofinjana, and Garba Lawal in the engine room.

From all indications, the injury-induced absence of Obafemi Martins compelled Chukwu to opt for the Makinwa-Aiyegbeni partnership. It’s the first time both players will be pairing up in attack, and for Makinwa in particular it’s a dream come true as he makes his home debut for the Super Eagles.

The full line-up: Vincent Enyeama, Chidi Odiah, Ifeanyi Udeze, Seyi Olofinjana, Joseph Yobo, Obinna Nwaneri, Osaze Odemwingie, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Ayodele Makinwa, Austin Okocha, Garba Lawal.

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #169
    Nigeria-Angola about to kick-off. I am pissing in me pants... :nervous:

Enyeama

Odiah-Yobo-Nwaneri-Udeze

Odemwingie-Olofinjana-Okocha-Lawal

Aiyegbeni-Makinwa

Bench:

Ejide
    Kanu
    Oruma
    Shittu
    Obodo
    Amuneke

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #171
    GOAL!!!!!!!!!

Okocha!!!!!!!

3rd minute freekick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #173
    Angola almost had one. A cracker. Just wide. They are getting more into the game. Aiyegbeni is just running around :mad:

Yellow to Lawal

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #177
    I said that Aiyegbeni is useless (Aiyegbeni is the same as Yak for those who don't know). Great work by Okocha and Odemwingie, put him one on one with the keeper and the fool passed to the keeper!

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #178
    Half time. Aiyegbeni should be taken off and never called to play for the Eagles again!

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #179
    Ghana after beating South Africa in Johannesburg are in prime position to make their first World Cup appearance...

They beat RSA 3-0 in Kumasi earlier in the campaign and have just beaten the South Africans 2-0 in Jo'burg...

Now both teams are tied at 15 points, so Ghana is ahead on head-to-head. The other team in the tie is Congo DR who are kicking off against Burkina Faso in 2 hours.

Now, Ghana drew 0-0 with CDR in Accra and 1-1 with CDR in Kinshasa. CDR are on 12 points. If they manage to beat the Burkinabe's in Ouagadugou, then they'll be up there with Ghana and SA on 15. In this yummy scenario, Ghana has the edge.

The ticket is theirs to lose!

BTW, the second half of Naija-Angola has kicked off!

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #180
    2nd half has began! This boys want to kill a man with tension. Foul in the Naija area.

If no be say I be omo Naija, dat thing na penalty!

Shot by d Angolans. Enyeama with an acrobatic save!

BTW, madlawyer's in my house with the crowd :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)