Road to WC2006 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_The_Best ] ++
congratulation Freddy. Met'eb is a copy of ala'2 mayhoob and waleed salah aldeen . they are both from Ahly :)
mido showed some good skills . specially the ball that hits the bar and the draw goal of course.
good result. but the problem that you still have 2 matchs away against( cameroon- cote devour).

Good luck for Eygpt !
i agree with you...thanks anyway

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Freddy ] ++
We did a wonderful game after Lybia scored

a boring first half, then Lybia scored in the beginning of the second, then we WOKE UP and started playing and scored 4 goals and made all the Lybians SHUT UP ....:)
excuse me,i dont think you guys made us shut up,your goal was to qualify to the WC,ours was to qualify for the African cup we're going to gwt what we wanted as for you,well you could say Incubo will be as tall as Vieri before you guys qualify for the WC:)

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
excuse me,i dont think you guys made us shut up,your goal was to qualify to the WC,ours was to qualify for the African cup we're going to gwt what we wanted as for you,well you could say Incubo will be as tall as Vieri before you guys qualify for the WC:)
but after the first round ended, you started talking about qualifying to the WC.......

yes, you qualified to the African Cup....but let's face it, it's all because this group will guarantee ur qualification.....first, it's the only group where 4 teams can qualify cos Egypt is the Country to host the Cup, and so, the team that finishes fourth will qualify to the African Cup....second, Sudan and Benin are two helpless pethetic teams......for GOD'S SAKE....you will finish 4th no doubt

Plus....some of you were talking that you were coming to win in Cairo and that El-Tayeb will do many things to our defence.....Tell me, Did u feel that he was even playing yesterday !!!

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Saudi Arabia 2 Korea Republic 0 (HT: 1-0)
2006 FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifiers - Group A
Prince Mohammed bin Fahd Stadium, Dammam

DAMMAM – Saudi Arabia ensured a miserable night for East Asia in the 2006 FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifiers as they beat Korea Republic 2-0 on Friday to go top of Group A.

Saud Khariri put the Saudis ahead with a close range effort in the 29th minute and Yasser Al Qahtani sealed the win by lashing home a penalty 15 minutes from the end as the South Koreans became the third East Asian side to be defeated on the evening following earlier losses by DPR Korea and Japan., to Bahrain and Iran respectively.

With the win, the Saudis leapfrogged the Koreans to the top of the group with four points, one ahead of the 2002 World Cup semi-finalists and Kuwait, who beat Uzbekistan 2-1 in Friday’s other Group A match.

Korea have qualified for the last five World Cups and looked in good shape to make it six in a row after beating Kuwait 2-0 in last month’s opening Group A fixture in Seoul.

They looked likely to continue their good run in the early stages in Dammam as Lee Dong-gook shot narrowly wide and then volleyed the ball straight at goalkeeper Mabrouk Zaid after an inviting pass had been lobbed through by Park Ji-sung.

At the other end, a neat Saudi move in the 22nd minute could have produced the opening goal. Skipper Sami Al Jabeer coolly slipped the ball through to the onrushing Taiseer Al Jassam. However, Korea Republic custodian Lee Woon-jae was alert to the danger and rushed off his line to save bravely at Al Jassam’s feet.

The opening goal finally arrived in the 29th minute as Saud Khariri found the net after good work by Al Qahtani. The 22-year-old forward skipped around the challenge of veteran defender Yoo Sang-chul on the right byline before cutting the ball back for Khariri to sweep a low shot past Lee Woon-jae just inside the far post.

With the Korean defence still reeling after conceding for just the third time in eight matches in the World Cup 2006 qualifiers, Manaf Abushgeer very nearly made it 2-0 shortly afterwards as he burst down the left before firing in a low shot that was desperately hacked clear by the Koreans.

The Koreans had their chances to get level before the break with their best effort falling to Park Ji-sung, who had time to measure up a shot from the edge of the box but sent in a weak curling effort that was easily stopped by Mabrouk Zaid.

Zaid was called into action on several occasions after the break as the Koreans turned up the pressure in their search for an equalizer. He had to be particularly sharp in the 50th minute as he made a fine reflex save to turn aside a point-blank header by Park Dong-hyuk.

He was very nearly caught out though just before the hour on a Lee Chun-soo free kick from 30 metres out. With everybody expecting Lee to float the ball in, the former Real Sociedad striker opted instead to go straight for goal and his shot had to be tipped out by Zaid for a corner.

The Saudis were restricted to playing on the counter-attack for much of the second half but they proved dangerous on their raids upfront and very nearly earned a penalty in the 70th minute when Al Qahtani appeared to be pulled back by Park Jae-hong as he broke clear on the Korean goal.

The Saudi striker would get a spot kick though in the 75th minute as he went down in the box under challenge from defender Park Dong-hyuk. Al Qahtani took the spot kick himself and gave Lee Woon-jae no chance with a fierce drive into the left corner of the net.

The second goal effectively took the fight out of the Koreans and their eventual defeat leaves coach Jo Bonfrere with a number of questions to be answered ahead of Korea’s next qualifier against Uzbekistan in Seoul on Wednesday.

Saudi Arabia, who are riding high in Group B with four points from two games face a tricky visit to Kuwait for the next match on the same day.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
Mexican fans chant those stuff. That's classless.
There are few things more embarrassing to a Mexican than to have your asses tossed out of the WC in your national sport ... against your neighbor to the north where all the sportscasters couldn't tell you how many players are fielded on a side.

The chants aren't going to matter anyway. I like a number of Mexican players. But as an organization, they will always find a way to choke in big games/tournaments.

Their current #6-in-the-world ranking has more to do with how they play when no one else is looking. If they held a World Cup in the Stadio Olimpico against Roma, there's a chance they'd bar fans from the match ... and that they'd have a shot at winning it. ;)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

but after the first round ended, you started talking about qualifying to the WC.......
yes, you qualified to the African Cup....but let's face it, it's all because this group will guarantee ur qualification.....first, it's the only group where 4 teams can qualify cos Egypt is the Country to host the Cup, and so, the team that finishes fourth will qualify to the African Cup....second, Sudan and Benin are two helpless pethetic teams......for GOD'S SAKE....you will finish 4th no doubt

Plus....some of you were talking that you were coming to win in Cairo and that El-Tayeb will do many things to our defence.....Tell me, Did u feel that he was even playing yesterday !!!
completely wrong,El Khomsy(Libya's coach) himself stated that all Libya wanted was the african cup.and that the WC is a far away dream.

yes but one bad performance doesnt take away the fact that he's one of the most talented arab players,does it?

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
he's one of the best in the Arabic Football right now....i give you the credits for that.......i didn't say he wasn't....for me, i enjoy watching him play

and it seems you weren't quite following the news, El-Sa'di El-Kazafy after our game with you in Lybia and your 2-1 win, he said that you are starting now to think about the World Cup !!

plus, just one more thing, do you know what ur fans that attended the game in Cairo do after the game !!!!

if u don't let me tell you......After the Fourth goal, they started to ruin the seats in the stadium and throw them on the Security guards

after the security got them out of the stadium , they waited outside and started to insult the Egyptian fans after the game while they were leaving, and they were throwing stones on them , and one of our fans got his head busted open......!!! what do u call this !!!!

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #33
    The incidents in Bamako and Cairo were both embarrasments to African football in particular, and also to the wider body. Shows that we still have a lot of animals as people.

I don't want either country (Libya and Mali) in WC2006 or AFCON2006.

Sorry Weasley, but your countrymen have to learn some good manners. IMO if they'd tried that crap in Lagos, only God Himself coming down from heaven would have saved them.

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    he's one of the best in the Arabic Football right now....i give you the credits for that.......i didn't say he wasn't....for me, i enjoy watching him play

and it seems you weren't quite following the news, El-Sa'di El-Kazafy after our game with you in Lybia and your 2-1 win, he said that you are starting now to think about the World Cup !!

plus, just one more thing, do you know what ur fans that attended the game in Cairo do after the game !!!!

if u don't let me tell you......After the Fourth goal, they started to ruin the seats in the stadium and throw them on the Security guards

after the security got them out of the stadium , they waited outside and started to insult the Egyptian fans after the game while they were leaving, and they were throwing stones on them , and one of our fans got his head busted open......!!! what do u call this !!!!
    and the eygptian fans (the majority)...just watched that happening without any retaliation?? hard to believe....

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

yes i agree,our fans are very ashaming and they always do things like that,but we're not the worst out there.
    @Chxta,i understand why you feel that way,and no offence taken:)

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by zambrota19 ] ++

and the eygptian fans (the majority)...just watched that happening without any retaliation?? hard to believe....
    we replied to their insults for sure, but they were the ones to start.....

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    yes i agree,our fans are very ashaming and they always do things like that,but we're not the worst out there.
    @Chxta,i understand why you feel that way,and no offence taken:)
    to say the truth, you are right, as IMO The Algerians are the worst, i can't forget that in 2002 Qualifications we were playing there and they threw stones on the Team's bus and broke the windows

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)