So no doubts
they will qualify

although i love to see them suffering:D

but got to admit this
they are the best :down:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Freddy ] ++

to say the truth, you are right, as IMO The Algerians are the worst , i can't forget that in 2002 Qualifications we were playing there and they threw stones on the Team's bus and broke the windows
agreed.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I must confess to having a soft spot for Uruguay. Must be the Juve thing, but it's not the only thing (Cheva, etc.). Very cool that they put together a good match. I like watching them more than Brazil anyway. (And I heard that Ronaldo was a complete tub of lard out on the pitch. But when was the last time that wasn't the case? ;) )

USA really decimated Guatemala, despite some great play by Guatemala's keeper. It looked like target practice, and the 2-0 scoreline didn't indicate how many soccer-ball-induced lumps and bruises the Guatemalan defense took from all the shots at their goal.

The big Group 3 match was moderately entertaining: Portugal against Slovakia in Brataslavia. The Slovakian team scored an early penalty. Paulo Ferriera had a take down in the goal box in the 8th minute. (I am now fully convinced that Ferriera is worthless as a player. In all the Portugal NT matches I've watched, I can't remember a single incident where he made a positive impact. No wonder he got pulled in the first match of Euro 2004, never to be seen again. What was Abramovich thinking with that buy??)

The Slovakians put together a few good attacks, but they mostly hung back and tried to muck up Portugal's gears. They were mostly effective, except for all the fouls they committed and the corners they conceded. One finally broke through where man-of-the-match (IMO), Ricardo Carvahlo, headed down a corner kick rebound in front of the goal and super-sub Postiga tipped it in at the goal mouth. 1-1 was the final, leaving both teams still tied at the top and undefeated.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++
Brazil is in the second place anyway
So no doubts
they will qualify

i although i love to see them suffering:D

but got to admit this
they are the best :down:
Argentina is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)