riquelme-tiago swap deal? (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
It would be quite an inane decision to sell Tiago before even seeing what he can do, but I expect such imbecilic behavior by this board and perhaps even Ranieri.
You like the word inane.

What you say is true but I think it would be inane to not swap a bench warmer for a potentially world class player. Nedved seems to be on his last legs and Riquelme would be a great alternative to him. I know it's unfair to not even give Tiago a chance but if the management have made up their mind we could as well use him as best we can, ie. on the transfer market.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You like the word inane.
It's one of my favorites, but it also describes the current situation pretty accurately. A manager requests a player, buys said player, then doesn't know who to use him. Finally we give him away for a player who may or may not actually be a useful player for us.

What you say is true but I think it would be inane to not swap a bench warmer for a potentially world class player. Nedved seems to be on his last legs and Riquelme would be a great alternative to him. I know it's unfair to not even give Tiago a chance but if the management have made up their mind we could as well use him as best we can, ie. on the transfer market.
If this was for Diego, van der Vaart, Ronaldinho, Aguero, Nasri, etc I would have to agree with you. But we're talking about Riquelme here. I've already given my opinions on said player, so no need to go through that again.

If we proceed to sell players we do not give a chance to see how they perform, we are becoming the new Inter. Now that's a fact.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
1st of all it is a BS rumour created by the media
2nd C-Ra bought him so to aviod looking like a fool he will use him sooner/later
3rd Tiago is a classy player and has more to offer than Riquleme

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
riquelme is too old, maybe couple of years ago, but he is too old now
What ? A player like Riquelme is never too old, let's face it, he is a pass master and a set piece master, he is not one for running around the pitch in the first place, plus he is the same age as Trezegoal, so I'm not sure why he would be too old for us !

Apr 12, 2004
What ? A player like Riquelme is never too old, let's face it, he is a pass master and a set piece master, he is not one for running around the pitch in the first place, plus he is the same age as Trezegoal, so I'm not sure why he would be too old for us !
Yea, but Trez has been playing here, it would take someone like Riqe two years to get used to playing in the Serie A.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Tiago has more to offer than Riquleme ? WTF ? Maybe Tiago can offer a better cup of coffee at half-time for the lads than Riquleme.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
ßöмßäяdîëя;1476732 said:
Yea, but Trez has been playing here, it would take someone like Riqe two years to get used to playing in the Serie A.

Two years ? He is not 21 you know, and somehow I believe he has got a decent football brain too.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
why everyone againts riquelme? he has a good pass, good vision, good skill, good drible.. he is a good player. we still can use him for couple of years.

Apr 12, 2004
Two years ? He is not 21 you know, and somehow I believe he has got a decent football brain too.
Yea, he's 29, and has never played in a league like the Serie A.
why everyone againts riquelme? he has a good pass, good vision, good skill, good drible.. he is a good player. we still can use him for couple of years.
Aldo: Good choking and good walking abilities and the best of all, good laziness.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
This reminds me of the Bojinov/Deschamps scandal from last year, only with a bit more money involved. Everyone seemed to side with Deschamps last year, so I guess I'll side with Ranieri. If he doesn't like what's going on in training, he has every right to park Tiago's ass on the bench. Tough-fucking-love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)