Stu

Jul 14, 2002
In order of preference:

1. Gallas
2. Miguel
3. Cicinho
4. Alves
5. Bonera

I didn't include Mancini because he played in midfield for the majority of last season and IMO we would be a bit too vulnerable to counter attacks with him and Zambrotta in the team as neither Thuram nor Cannavaro are exceptionally quick.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Zebina's main problem is with his mentality. He doesn't concentrate at times and let other players fool him. Since Capello would be likely to use a 4-4-2, Miguel would be the best option.

Mancini? Well I would prefer him to be a RM/RW as I'm not sure of his defensive abilities, since Brazilians r not well-known for defending.
Oddo only for an offensive formation

Bonera? Well if u have seen him play, most of u would probably faint/vomit

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
cant belive u guys want gallas. He cant cross for nothing. Same as Zebina. But they both run good and gets forward. They must improve with their longpasses and crosses before they have a place in Juve lineup IMO.

-Tom

Nov 16, 2004
Miguel would be OK, Mancini has too much of an attacking-player to do the job of a decent RB.
I would like Bonera, he can play as a right back and in the central defense. He did a very good job last season at Parma.

Zebina has done OK, but I doubt that he is the best choice of a permanent solution. I really do hope that we will get an alternative back there...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by -Tom ] ++
Miguel would be OK, Mancini has too much of an attacking-player to do the job of a decent RB.
I would like Bonera, he can play as a right back and in the central defense. He did a very good job last season at Parma.

Zebina has done OK, but I doubt that he is the best choice of a permanent solution. I really do hope that we will get an alternative back there...
Bonera? Overrated player.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
cant belive u guys want gallas. He cant cross for nothing. Same as Zebina. But they both run good and gets forward. They must improve with their longpasses and crosses before they have a place in Juve lineup IMO.
That's because Gallas is not a born right back, he's not meant to be a right back at all, he's a center back.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Zebina, Bonera and Gallas are 'defensive' right backs, so they won't make runs like for example Zambrotta or Miguel. This may not look cool, but it's actually very usefull to have three defenders back at all times. Especially when Camoranesi is already making the runs down the right side.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
Zebina, Bonera and Gallas are 'defensive' right backs, so they won't make runs like for example Zambrotta or Miguel. This may not look cool, but it's actually very usefull to have three defenders back at all times. Especially when Camoranesi is already making the runs down the right side.
i agree with rambo constanly making marauding runs on the left..a stable defense may be wiser...

However i believe Miguel could do both attacking and defensive duties very well.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Miguel can tackle ok, but he isn't big and strong like Zebina. He's likely to be overpowered by strikers like Vieri and Trezeguet.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
Miguel can tackle ok, but he isn't big and strong like Zebina. He's likely to be overpowered by strikers like Vieri and Trezeguet.
big strikers play in the middle...lilian and cannas problem.

Cafu is exactly mr big and strong but he is the best in his position.'
I think miguels physique isnt a problem.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Bonera? Well if u have seen him play, most of u would probably faint/vomit
YES I HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY! This season, last season and the season before that and the season before that etc etc etc. This year he's been avarage, but the years before he's been great. This season he's made a few mistakes, I'll give you that, but that is hardly a custom for him. He's been awesome the years before and has rightfully earned he's spot for gli azzurri.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++

YES I HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY! This season, last season and the season before that and the season before that etc etc etc. This year he's been avarage, but the years before he's been great. This season he's made a few mistakes, I'll give you that, but that is hardly a custom for him. He's been awesome the years before and has rightfully earned he's spot for gli azzurri.
he has always been a messy defender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)