Right Defender, who?!! (1 Viewer)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i agree with Mr. Gol, we need a defensive right back to keep the balance in the team especially if we have Camoranesi making runs on the right mid. Zambrotta attacks a lot while Zebina helps the defence more.

It may not look cool but by being a defensive right back Zebina helps out the team greatly. Players like Mancini, Oddo and Miguel are too attacking to play with Zambrotta at left back.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
Gah this is worthless, everyone rely on the words of others.
wha ... i watched many parma games last season on British Eurosport....and imo he was a slightly reckless messy defender.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Boksic ] ++
i agree with Mr. Gol, we need a defensive right back to keep the balance in the team especially if we have Camoranesi making runs on the right mid. Zambrotta attacks a lot while Zebina helps the defence more.

It may not look cool but by being a defensive right back Zebina helps out the team greatly. Players like Mancini, Oddo and Miguel are too attacking to play with Zambrotta at left back.
Right. It doesn't matter that Zambrotta's defensive skills are also good. Because he makes all those runs there's bound to be a lot of through balls via the opponents right side. You can have two slightly attacking fullbacks, but only if they don't come forward at the same time. Zambrotta's runs are so good that it would be silly to have another one like him, especially with Camoranesi there.

Bonera could be an option, but I haven't seen him play that much. He seems highly rated with some though. Zebina is also fine, but he does make a lot of mistakes and his anticipation is also poor, causing him to be caught off guard a lot of the time.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Just look at Maldini and Cafu.That's a nice contrast right there.

Zebina and Zambrotta work fine.
if we want a defensive fullback, why not get a proper one, not one that ****s up.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Right backs are hard to find these days. Zebina is actually quite good, if he didn't make so many #%#%$ mistakes. I'm not sure Bonera is such an upgrade on him.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
Right backs are hard to find these days. Zebina is actually quite good, if he didn't make so many #%#%$ mistakes. I'm not sure Bonera is such an upgrade on him.
imo bonera is jus as bad, we may as well keep zebina if the only alternative is bonera.

In the current market their are a lack of propper right sided fullbacks, most of the m are merely centrbacks moved to right back, or right wingers forced to play right back...no out and out trained fullbacks......

Apart from zaccardo...who i would swap tudor for.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Zebina has done better than all of us expected in the first season imo.We can't exactly fault him since we expected him to be the bumbling idiot he was at Roma.He hasn't performed flawlessly of course, but there isn't an obvious upgrade to him available at a cheap price so we stick with him.

You're a little too hard on him, John :)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Well, he does make a lot of mistakes and isn't exactly our best defender. But without a good alternative there isn't really a reason to replace him. Don't forget he was free last year - another good Moggi move.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Zebina has done better than all of us expected in the first season imo.We can't exactly fault him since we expected him to be the bumbling idiot he was at Roma.He hasn't performed flawlessly of course, but there isn't an obvious upgrade to him available at a cheap price so we stick with him.

You're a little too hard on him, John :)
des i kno im hard on him...but sat there in liverpool watching the plonker let a hardly invisible hypia strol past him to tap in a goal ...since then i will always be harsh on him....he was truely awfull in that game, as were many of the other such as blasi...those two will forever be in the bad books.:fero:

But zebina outperformed what he was expected and i would prefer to keep him than waste money on a player such as bonera.

Maybe if he got a haircut id think more of him as a champion then a bumbling idiot.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++
I though Zebina did great last year. I don't see why we have to change the guy.
I actually agree with you here. Zebinas problem is his general stamina, but he had a very good year last year. Miguel or any other right defender would be a bonus, but it is by no means a nessescity.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Zebina played good season IMO. It's just that when he's unavailable there's no proper backup for him although Pessotto did well last season covering him but Pessotto is not getting any younger. If Moggi's planning to get a right full-back I'd love to see him getting someone better than Zebina but I think there's no one available.

e: the point was that make Zebina a backup for the new lad

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
A) Zebina did great last year, he had the best year of his life,
probably the fact he was a rested,underestimated bench player helped him,
its unlikely he will repeat like this next year.

B) Zebina even at his best,wasnt the best possible solution in the world and if we can find a player to replace him and further strenghen our team why not to?

C) We dont have a decent sub for him any way and we sould have one, if we want to minimise the posibilities to play an extra important CL game with the even older Biri

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)