Riddle me this (2 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
This is a thread in which I wanna have some fun with, its not really a question time , its more a riddle and lets see how good u guys are with football riddles.
Anyone can put their riddles accross and lets see whose football and cryptic knowledge is up 2 scratch

First riddle

My actions made me a hero in Turin but a villain in Milan, I have played for 2 former European cup winners. I came to prominece in a major tournament in england . My chips were popular in england and other countries but frowned upon in Portugal.I am still plying my trade and you can catch me in my country with a banker's book
Who am i?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Davids came to mind first, however when you look at denco's last sentence it would not make sense because Edgar is not in "his country."

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

he won the CL with two teams or did he ?
    yes he did, but i never said this person did, i said he has played for 2 former champs

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    This is a thread in which I wanna have some fun with, its not really a question time , its more a riddle and lets see how good u guys are with football riddles.
    Anyone can put their riddles accross and lets see whose football and cryptic knowledge is up 2 scratch

First riddle

My actions made me a hero in Turin but a villain in Milan, I have played for 2 former European cup winners. I came to prominece in a major tournament in england . My chips were popular in england and other countries but frowned upon in Portugal.I am still plying my trade and you can catch me in my country with a banker's book
    Who am i?
    denco?:fool:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
    how could he be a hero in torino..??
    On the last day of season 01/02, Inter looked to have the scudetto in their grasp, with Juventus and Roma 2 and 3 points behind respectively. However, they managed to lose 4-2 to Lazio, with Poborsky scoring 2 equalisers before Simeone and Inzaghi brought tears to Ronaldo's eyes. We beat Udinese to pip Inter to the scudetto after trailing for the whole season. Roma also beat Torino, so if we falied to beat Udinese, they would have won the title :eek:

Sep 28, 2002
    damn, i remember watching the udinese game and commentator didnt tell the result of inter match, but i could see it all in the stands. never bothered to watch the inter game. damn, thats sad really, i didnt know it was poborsky who won that game :undecide:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Well the only place I could follow it was on livescore, and I didn't really have high hopes at the start of the matches, but by the end of it I was jumping up and down and singing Poborsky's praises

Dec 27, 2003
    Right. I think the answer is Poborsky. While we're waiting for Denco to confirm, here's another to keep you busy :

Faithfulness has not been my forte : both Milanese clubs have benefited from my services, as have their Turinese counterparts.
    Although my last name appeals to peace of mind, you shouldn’t trust my cute head : it used to make the opposition restless.
    These days I advise kids not to smoke, but please don't mention Argentina to me.
    Who am I ?

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
    Right. I think the answer is Poborsky. While we're waiting for Denco to confirm, here's another to keep you busy :

Faithfulness has not been my forte : both Milanese clubs have benefited from my services, as have their Turinese counterparts.
    Although my last name appeals to peace of mind, you shouldn’t trust my cute head : it used to make the opposition restless.
    These days I advise kids not to smoke, but please don't mention Argentina to me.
    Who am I ?
    Roberto Baggio?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)