Rhodolfo - CB - São Paulo (11 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
sorry but how long has de ceglie been at the club?

and out of that how many good games has he actually had?

sorry but de ceglie will never make it as a decent enough player to play for us, first 2 games of the season and he was already failing to stop the ball at his feet, gives away a penalty, gets himself sent off, and on his return concedes another due to lack of any tactical awareness. Sick of giving him anymore time, as soon as he ever hits any sort of form, he will only endure another injury.

Ill ask you the same question, how long has Grosso been at the club? How many good games has he had? Who has cost this team more points/goals. I think the answer is clear to both of us. Grosso's season in 2009/2010 was diabolical, and if it werent for Marco Motta he would have probably been seen as our worst player last season too.

The thing is I actually agree with a lot what you say regarding DC, but regardless of how injury prone and average he is, he is still a safer and smarter option than Fabio Grosso. This isn't 2006 anymore, Grosso is finished. Our LB options are totally fucked and it's Marotta's fault for once again neglecting this important position.

Like I said, I hope we bring in a new left fullback in January. Just no Grosso, he will cost us more points than De Ceglie ever will. Dropping De Ceglie and relying on this now useless 33 year old, who cant run, cross, shoot or pass anymore is pathetic and reactionary. And its sadly typical of Italian coaches to treat young-ish players like this.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He rejected two offers from England.
probably from shitty clubs though, i cant see anyone of the top 5 or 6 needing a centre back, except arsenal who i doubt would make a move for him, spurs is a possibility, but liverpool just bought coates, other than that i dont think the offers he had were from clubs that could rival our ambitions and stature as a club

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
probably from shitty clubs though, i cant see anyone of the top 5 or 6 needing a centre back, except arsenal who i doubt would make a move for him, spurs is a possibility, but liverpool just bought coates, other than that i dont think the offers he had were from clubs that could rival our ambitions and stature as a club
Aye. It won't be the elites for sure.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
From the games I saw he did well. I think he'll be fine here. Good header, anticipation, could position himself better, not afraid of going up and support the attack, no BS when pressured and clears it in row Z, ball at feet fine, does tend to make a stupid foul here or there...

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Ill ask you the same question, how long has Grosso been at the club? How many good games has he had? Who has cost this team more points/goals. I think the answer is clear to both of us. Grosso's season in 2009/2010 was diabolical, and if it werent for Marco Motta he would have probably been seen as our worst player last season too.

The thing is I actually agree with a lot what you say regarding DC, but regardless of how injury prone and average he is, he is still a safer and smarter option than Fabio Grosso. This isn't 2006 anymore, Grosso is finished. Our LB options are totally fucked and it's Marotta's fault for once again neglecting this important position.

Like I said, I hope we bring in a new left fullback in January. Just no Grosso, he will cost us more points than De Ceglie ever will. Dropping De Ceglie and relying on this now useless 33 year old, who cant run, cross, shoot or pass anymore is pathetic and reactionary. And its sadly typical of Italian coaches to treat young-ish players like this.
On this season's showings so far, Grosso is the safer and smarter option. Obviously its madness to judge players on merely 2 games a piece, but...the major problem with de ceglie is now, and always has been, that he has zero positional awareness, and very little natural talent as a defender. he seems above all else, a natural born athlete, but a footballer???? I don't think so. His problems have been apparent for years, and thus far, no manager has improved him, other than del neri, last season, for maybe 3-4 games in a row.

Conte wouldn't play grosso if he thought for a second that fabio was disinterested or dead as a player. Whilst i am no fan of grosso, he at least has the experience to understand that first and foremost he is a LEFT BACK...which means the left back zone is his, before any others, to cover, patrol, defend...he is also a better passer of the ball and a better,more intelligent tackler.

in both the de ceglie games this season, he was hardly ever positioned as a left back. that alone makes him a constant liability as the LB zone becomes near constantly open for the opposition to fire balls into, which then drags a CB out of position to cover, or means our LW has to be more a defensive LM, and simply allow de ceglie to do his headless chicken act and run to where the ball is...

both players let the team down badly, but in my opinion, if grosso is even mildly interested in the game, he is less of a liability, and is capable of very rare moments of quality.

I understand people suggesting that de ceglie needs a chance to mature, to develop, but for me, as a juve player, he has had long enough, and shown next to nothing. we are not a creche. if we are aiming to maintain our fine start to the season, and return to the upper levels of our league then european competition we need established Class, Quality, Competency...none of which can be said confidently of de ceglie.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
So how good is this Rhodolfo? I don't watch Brasilian ligue, so with whom would you compare him? I've read today that he is similar to Julio Cesar (defender not goalkeeper).

frick

Apr 4, 2010
I think the last acceptable opinion about Rhodolfo is that he's like Chiellini, including the fuck ups.
I can't find the SD version of Botafogo match, if someone finds it let me know.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I think the last acceptable opinion about Rhodolfo is that he's like Chiellini, including the fuck ups.
I can't find the SD version of Botafogo match, if someone finds it let me know.
Then why are going for him? We need domeone like Tiago Silva, defender with good technique, who can help us more in trasition from defence to attack. Someone who is comfortable and confident on the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)