Rhodolfo - CB - São Paulo (2 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
"Lugano never convinced the board and Conte. Bruno Alves is considered really good but the problem is that he's approaching his 30's. Alex is slow and expensive. The other choice is Rhodolfo, Sao Paolo CB. For the last year and a half the directors from half of Europe are stalking him. He really fits Conte's style: He's robust, athletic and doesn't have the habit to kick the ball into the stands (wants to say that he's technical CB). His excellent performances made him more expensive than he was when Valencia, Leverkusen and Udinese tried to buy him for 4-5 million. Now, after performing well for Sao Paolo, he costs twice as much. Chances for Juve to get him are 50-50. If Juve fails then Marotta will try again to speak with Zenit about a Bonucci-Alves swap"

TJ (taken from La Stampa)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
"Lugano never convinced the board and Conte. Bruno Alves is considered really good but the problem is that he's approaching his 30's. Alex is slow and expensive. The other choice is Rhodolfo, Sao Paolo CB. For the last year and a half the directors from half of Europe are stalking him. He really fits Conte's style: He's robust, athletic and doesn't have the habit to kick the ball into the stands (wants to say that he's technical CB). His excellent performances made him more expensive than he was when Valencia, Leverkusen and Udinese tried to buy him for 4-5 million. Now, after performing well for Sao Paolo, he costs twice as much. Chances for Juve to get him are 50-50. If Juve fails then Marotta will try again to speak with Zenit about a Bonucci-Alves swap"

TJ (taken from La Stampa)
It's so silly how the excuses are being thrown left and right.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Its worrying that hardly anyone has heard of this guy and that no one has seen him play.
Naturally it would be, but when it comes to Brazilian defenders it's not that worrying. Thiago Silva came to Milan from Fluminense when he was 25, Alex came to Europe at 25 and the majority make the move from Brazil to Europe at 23-25. The demand for Brazilian CBs was never big.
The problem with this guy is that he didn't even play for the youth Brazilian NTs.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I was trying to gather info from various sources about this guy.

In 2007 he became a regular starter for Atlético Paranaense. The team was playing in the best Brazilian league but always finished in the second part of the standings. Last year they finally made the top 5 in Brazil and he was apparently a real leader of the team (Some guy calls him the best defender in the league). When Paulo César Carpegiani became Sao Paolo coach (he coached Atlético Paranaense to the 5th place in 2010), the first guy he demanded and got was exactly Rhodolfo. In Sao Paolo he immediately became a starter and he's a regular, playing extremely well judging by the reports. After 18 rounds Sao Paolo are 3rd in Brazil, only 3 pts behind the leaders Corinthians.

Bah, the reports look good but we need those who follow the league to give more info. The Milan fan and that guy from Brazil who was active in the u-20 wc thread should tell us more.

P.S: If I understood correctly his former club Atletico P. will get 50% of the next transfer so Sao Paolo might demand more money because they are only getting 50% of the transfer money.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
We are still waiting for Zacheryah though, he might have seen him play
relax, i was on a wedding yesterday and it got kinda late.

i saw 4 games. no, thats not enough cause elia also had 4 good games.

but i got a very good impression

also, people said it over and over that they think alex/alves paired with chiellini is two defenders of the same type. that lugano is allready aging.
wel this guy is pretty young for a cb, and has relatively good passing and technique. would fit conte's systhem

but, its hard to believe we'd get him, because he really made a good impression

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
If Bonnucci goes, I think Conte might decide to loan out Sorensen and use Rhodolfo, Alves and Chiellini as his three rotating starter CBS. I think the deal for Alves is still on, given it's a straight swap IMO. Sky is reporting the agreement with the player has been reached and Juve have officially made an offer to Sao Paulo. If only one of Affelay, Bastos and Vargas come on the last day. Please.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Makes sense to bring in both Alves and Rhodolfo as if we brought in just one of them while selling Bonucci and the player flopped then we would be up shit creek without a paddle and be left with Barzagli.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Whenever I watched Sao Paolo (they show them on tv here now in Sweden), for Lucas obviously, this guy has kept the Sao Paolo tradition of having really good CBs (Miranda, Alex Silva etc), quite dynamic and well rounded. The kind to take charge and start plays, while playing cautious at the same time. That latter bit doesnt make him a Lucio type, doesnt play all out irrational in his decisionmaking. I watched Sao Paolo few times for Lucas, so dont tend to focus too much on other players, but this guy, and Henrique, pops out players that catch your attention.

And whoever is dissing Brasilian league, seriously watch it, they have improved quite a bit more and more, and not just for offensive players. Another CB I seen that I wouldnt be suprised to see in a top european team soon is Rever (he is more of the no-nonsense bull kinda D).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)