Revive the DP-DT Attack (1 Viewer)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
IMO, our attack has been fairly inconsistent since the introduction of Zlatan to the starting line-up.

It appears that Zlatan still isn't entirely fitted to play the Serie A style of attack which is quick passing and cutting inside the box. He seems to hold on to the ball longer.

Why not bring back the tried & tested combination of DP-DT?

Who knows, it might bring back our captain to his best form?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Here we go again with this subject.

Fine. Try it. Then after it fails time and time again we will look like idiots not playing our best striker.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
IMO let Capello do his job and we should shut up, he knows better!! who are we to critisize one of the best coaches in the world if not THE best

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I think that the fact of our attacks' inconsistancy has nothing to do with Zlatan, but rather... with Del Piero and Trezeguet.

Well, maybe not.

I do like how Zlatan does his job though.

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    I got nothing against Zlatan too, but it just appears that the two (DP&DT) should be given the chance to pair-up again as they were before a formidable attacking duo.

Zlatan can't play every game of the season and at this rate, we risk getting him injured for the most important games at the latter part of the season.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
    IMO, our attack has been fairly inconsistent since the introduction of Zlatan to the starting line-up.

It appears that Zlatan still isn't entirely fitted to play the Serie A style of attack which is quick passing and cutting inside the box. He seems to hold on to the ball longer.

Why not bring back the tried & tested combination of DP-DT?

Who knows, it might bring back our captain to his best form?
    Let Capello do some tests in the partnership of the 3 attackers 1st, then we will have a conclusion.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    IMO our attack failure in recent seaon largely in Del Piero's department which is to create spark and creativity. so since we have other alternative right now, i would want to try how Treze- Zlatan would do....

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I have to say I have far more confidence in DP-Trez than I do in any rotation involving Zlatan. He just doesn't seem to fit in anywhere, after playing week in week out for half a season. And last year it wasn't the attack that let us down, it was the defence.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    To be honest for me it's more about getting Trez back in form, because he's our most reliable goal scorer by far. And if that involves playing him with DP who isn't doing too well, so be it. And not just because I want DP to play.

I didn't catch the game but from what people have said, Trez and Zlatan could barely agree on a pass last night so those two have a lot of work to do in training from the looks of it. I think if you put on DP-Trez right now, they would do better as they've been playing together for years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)