Revive the DP-DT Attack (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Actually, one thing that's become painfully obvious about our attack this season is that we lack any speed or control when it comes to counterattacks. It's excessively rare that I've seen us score on a fast break this season. All too often, the charge would come down the field and either:

a) Zlatan would drive forward, stop, let the defender catch up, and dribble in circles for a while
b) Downfield passing on the run results in a direct, soft lancio to the opposing keeper. Or worse: straight to an opposing defender or shot completely out of bounds
c) The opposing defenders catch up to us
d) The charging player stumbles while dribbling with the ball and loses control of it

Dec 26, 2004
I saw the game yesterday and beleive me everytime a missunderstanding happen between Zalatan and Trezeguet it is Trezeguet the one to blame.....
for god sake moggi sell trezeguet and get cassano

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
it seems all our attacking players need to find there form , in calyari game emerson scored while trez ,zlatan and dp did nothing:(

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I want Del Piero - Treze/Zlatan until Mutu or Cassano is gonna replace him. And I want a Pizarro next to Emerson. This would solve a lot of problems..

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
I saw the game yesterday and beleive me everytime a missunderstanding happen between Zalatan and Trezeguet it is Trezeguet the one to blame.....
for god sake moggi sell trezeguet and get cassano
we need a consistant deadly striker...so u suggest cassano?? He may play pretty football, but we need a goalscorer, and cassano is not that.

Jul 28, 2002
u think trezeguet r a world class goal scorer???
RVN r world class goal scorer if u ask me and he is 100 time btter than trezeguet so what is so special about trezeguet?
where the **** do i say trez is a world class scorer??

I believe trez is a world class finisher...but unfortunately lacks the movement.

Do u belive cassano is a world class GOAL SCORER? someone who will get 20+ goals a season??

Dec 26, 2004
he can give a lot more than trezeguet .....
count his assist, his creativity, his contribution in the game plus 10-15 goal per season and u will find how much he is better than the lazy trezeguet...

Jul 28, 2002
he can give a lot more than trezeguet .....
count his assist, his creativity, his contribution in the game plus 10-15 goal per season and u will find how much he is better than the lazy trezeguet...
We have Z, DP and mutu...plenty of creative forwards.

I agree trez is lazy....but he offeres us the one thing no of the others can give....He is a goalscorer, he will get plenty of goals, he will have the agressive goalbox movement.

If u want 4 creative forwards then fine...but this isnt a video game, we need a striker who naturally gets into the right scoring areas, and that is what trez is. Imo getting cassano would not provide a true consitant goalscroing alternative , merely offer mor eof the same skill we have in the other three.

I wouldnt mind selling trez, if we got a real goalscorer...like a makaay, rvn etc...but we cant afford them realistically.

Jul 28, 2002
I know one thing .... Trezeguet style of play makes me even miss Inzaghi
Why?? inconsistant, offside , irritating misses? Yes a true goalscorer, but we got rid of him at the right time. Pippo hasnt hit the form that he did here..clearly on the down.

Jul 28, 2002
what is u favorite attacking line of the current player (including mutu) ?
not entirely sure as we have nto seen mutu in action. Plus Dp and trez have been stuttering....thus im half tempted to say.

Zal-Zla...........but clearly it isnt.

If all players are on form DP-Trez....but we can rule Dp out.

Thus if mutu is on form then Mutu Trez.....cos they will score goals....

But Z is on such good form then it could be

Mutu-Z.

It all depends, because only Z has been performing consistntly.

Dec 26, 2004
to me it is Zalatan - Alex at the moment...
maybe Zlatan - Mutu next year.....if Mutu regain his old Param form
I would choose Mutu of the his Param days over Cassano but what will we do if he did not perform???

Jul 28, 2002
to me it is Zalatan - Alex at the moment...
maybe Zlatan - Mutu next year.....if Mutu regain his old Param form
I would choose Mutu of the his Param days over Cassano but what will we do if he did not perform???
give him some time...and if it doesnt happen we look elswhere....apart from Roma and cassano.

Jul 28, 2002
Zalatan - ????
give me a name I suggest Cassano ...
Pazzini, miccoli, cavenaghi, lyundula, DP, zala......but cassano?? He will have to win juve the CL, Schudetto and coppa to prove to me he is really worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)