Reveal yourself! (6 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The three most read newspapers in this country are - 1. The Sun, 2. The Daily Mail, 3. The Daily Express. The most read 'highbrow' newspapers are - The Times & The Telegraph.

I fucking hate reactionaries, right wingers, ignorance etc. etc. etc. I don't fit in with the national identity and I find brits the most boring people to talk to in the world (myself included). I actively seek out a non british friendship group, its a real bugger that all the people on my Masters course are brits because I have no interest in talking to any of them. When i was travelling I avoided brits if I could and when I was forced to talk to them I made it abundanely clear I didn't want to be talking to them (I told them I left the country to get away from Brits).

Its one of the things that is hard to understand if you don't live here but British people are a pain in the arse. I am not stupid, I know a lot of this stuff is the same in different cultures, but in France I feel at home, the same with vietnam and china....I feel more comfortable with the national identity and way of doing things than in the UK.
I wouldn't put it as strongly but I recognize myself in a lot of this. It's why I don't live in Norway and I would never want to live in Poland.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KatieDiFran

Sep 25, 2009
I've always felt more in touch with French culture than British, but I agree that I probably do find non Brits more interesting because they aren't from here. But for me that makes it even worse how, from my viewpoint, most brits are content living the microcosm of the UK, or England, or even there towns without thinking about the world - maybe it fucks with them releasing how insignificant they are :shifty:. I fucking love meeting people from other countries and learning bits of there language and there culture, its one of the things that makes me truly happy in this meaningless existence of mine. Its why I don't want to be here for my life, I want to be out in the world exploring and learning, I hope to work PR for a humanitarian NGO, even if its just for expenses.
i totally feel ya, man

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
The three most read newspapers in this country are - 1. The Sun, 2. The Daily Mail, 3. The Daily Express. The most read 'highbrow' newspapers are - The Times & The Telegraph.

I fucking hate reactionaries, right wingers, ignorance etc. etc. etc. I don't fit in with the national identity and I find brits the most boring people to talk to in the world (myself included). I actively seek out a non british friendship group, its a real bugger that all the people on my Masters course are brits because I have no interest in talking to any of them. When i was travelling I avoided brits if I could and when I was forced to talk to them I made it abundanely clear I didn't want to be talking to them (I told them I left the country to get away from Brits).

Its one of the things that is hard to understand if you don't live here but British people are a pain in the arse. I am not stupid, I know a lot of this stuff is the same in different cultures, but in France I feel at home, the same with vietnam and china....I feel more comfortable with the national identity and way of doing things than in the UK.
I get it, but saying you hate being British is a bit harsh :).
Most of the things you say, can be said about most countries and it sounds as a very generalized picture of the UK (never been there, though).
You define your own culture and if you feel better doing it in France, China etc. then go for it :)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

fucking agree with every word you just said there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)