Respaul's Juve Pepsi Challenge (1 Viewer)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Then I got you right ..... and I thought maybe I should have put more emphasis on his masterly of the english language. :)

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #147
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    I was reall disappointed with myself. Rushed it out and gave two wrong answers which when I re-read the question made me go 'doh!'

What was the score of those that are in first place? and who's steph? :confused:
    no scores til everyones answers are in

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    It was changed in this thread.. if you wanna do it, do it... if not then dont

:undecide:

I never said i didnt want to horsey, i just wanted to know when i was the deadline :)

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #150
    Ok... Jus waiting on 4 more people to post answers.

If anyone hasnt received their results yet, pleas let me know as I beleive ive sent them all out (except serge... im working on it)

Overall i think its worked pretty well... Jus needs some fine tuning and maybe someone else would be more suited to asking the questions next time as maybe mine werent quite right for this forum... though not bad hopefully

Anyway... hopefully we will have results in the not too distant future and thank you all for entering

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I'm sorry, Paul.

Like I had said, I had about 10 minutes to do it in the middle of work, and it was just crazy in here that day. I didn't even get to answer all of the questions.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience of PM'ing you 5 different times with my answers, but I was just DYING to see how stupid I am:D

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #154
    Hi,

Sorry for the lack of updates, been away alot over the last couple of weeks

Hopefully have final results for you this afternoon

Thanks for those who took part

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #155
    Final Results For Quiz ::

Official Winner - Steph

2nd - Mark77
    3rd - Glenn, Torkel & Fli

So the Favourite for the quiz wins by a hairs breath from Mark77 who actually had the same score but was further away on the tie breaker

Generally pleased with how it worked (though i apologise for the delay in results)

Bit dissapointed that several entrants didnt reply once they had viewed the quiz and several senior members who werent willing to participate... but otherwise happy with the hole thing and the scores from the entrants at juventuz were pretty much as i expected, and the person i expected to win did
    So overall relatively succesful.

If its done again i maybe need to look for a more balanced quiz, but as i said it was a test run and the questions were really aimed at another group of people who i know better.

Please post your thoughts and opinions on the quiz layout, dificulty and general comments in the remainder of this thread.

Thanks for taking part and i hope you enjoyed it.

Respaul

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    If there's one thing I learned from the quiz, its this.

Never, EVER, open the PM at work when you forget that you have a meeting that you're not prepared for in 15 minutes. :)

Thanks again for the quiz, Paul. And thank you for taking the time to go through my 5 PM's worth of crap to get it sorted out. I think I did OK considering the circumstances.

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #160
    Heres the quiz for those that didnt take part::

Respaul’s Juve Pepsi Challenge

Q= Question
    A = Answer

Section 1 : Who Am I ?

Q1 – I was born in 1953 and made my serie A debut for Cagliari at the age of 19
    In 1974 I signed for Juventus where I would remain for the rest of my career.
    In that time I made 552 appearances for juve and helped them to 14 trophies.
    In my career I also had the honour of lifting the World cup.
    In 1989 my life was cut short in a road accident… Who Am I ?

A1 –

Q2 – I came to Juventus in 1982 and played 5 seasons in the black and white shirt.
    In that time I made 147 appearances in Serie A scoring 68 goals with a total goal tally of 104 in all competitions.
    During my stay at Juve the team lifted the European Cup for the first time in its history and I was named European player of the year…. Who Am I ?

A2 –

Q3 – I was born in Turin in 1902
    In my career I represented Juventus on 367 occasions over a period of 13 seasons.
    My nickname was 'Uomo di Gomma',
    I Was the first European captain to lift the world cup and the first captain of my position to do so.
    I was also the first player of my position to win 4 Italian Championships in a row
    Who Am I ?

A3 –

Q4 – I played for Juventus for 2 seasons making 37 appearances,
    In my second season I was involved in a match rigging scandal which resulted in one of our rivals losing their title and I was banned from football for life.
    2 years later I was aquited and went to play for inter…. Who Am I ?

A4 –

BONUS POINT 1 – What Year was I banned and which team lost their title?

Bonus Point 1 A

Q5 – I was born in 1931 and started my playing career as a centre half, I was later placed as a centre forward, A position that brought me to the attention of Juventus.
    I Debuted for Juve in 1957 ,making 178 appearances and scoring 105 goals.
    I am the only player of my nationality to ever be crowned Serie A top scorer
    Throughout my career I was never booked.
    A few years ago I was given the honour of being voted by the Juve fans as the best foreign player to ever represent Juventus.. Even above the likes of Platini , sivori ,Boniek etal
    Who Am I ?

A5 –

BONUS POINT 2 – What was my Nickname ?

Bonus Point 2 A –

Section 2 : What ?

Q6 – In 1985 Juventus was awarded a special trophy by UEFA, What was it for ??

A6 –

Q7 – Our Previous Stadium was The Stadio Comunale… What was Comunale’s Original Name ?

A7 –

Q8 – What did juve win in Lippis first season in charge

A8 –

Q9 – Torino’s Curva at the delle alpi is called Maratona… What is Juves called ?

A9 –

BONUS POINT 3 – What were Torino and Juves Curvas named at Comunale ?

Bonus Point 3 A –

Section 3 : When ?

Q10 – In What Season did Juve earn its second star ?

A10 -

Q11 – In what year was ‘Black and White Fighters Gruppo Storico 1977’ Formed ?

A11 –

BONUS POINT 4 – Name the main 2 groups that joined to make ‘Black and White Fighters Gruppo Storico 1977’

Bonus Point 4 A –

Q12 – What years did Juve lift the intercontinental cup ?

A12 –

Section 4 : Who ?

Q13 – Who Scored the only juve goal in regulation time in the 1996 CL Final ?

A13 –

BONUS POINT 5 – Who scored the winning Penalty in the CL Final 1996 ?

Bonus Point 5 A –

Q14 – Who Was Man of the Match in the 1996 intercontinental cup final ?

A14 –

Q15 – Who was Juves 1st President ?

A15 -

Q16 – In 1994 a new managerial group nicknamed ‘The Triad’ Took over at the head of Juve… Who were these 3 men ?

A16 -

Q17 – In the 2001 / 02 season, Juventus had their lowest ever attendance… It was just 237 spectators for a coppa Italia match… Who was it against ?

A17 -

Q18 – Which current Juventus player holds the career Serie A record for most dismissals ?

A18 –

Section 5 : Tie Breaker

Q19 – Last season on my daughters birthday we went to watch Juve train before seeing a match that weekend.
    At training… Who did Alessandra most want to meet ?

A19 –

Q20 – What was the capacity of stadio comunale ? (nearest gets point)

A20 -

That’s All Folks…

Good Luck and thanks for participating

Respaul

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)