Reputation (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
swag said:
Anytime there's a major site upgrade or platform shift, there's going to be some operational fallout in the initial days...even weeks. How the system responds to the changes can leave a whole different footprint for system caching, memory use, and other optimizations that need to be re-tuned.

Sorry... day job speak spilling out here. ;)
What do you do Greg?

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
For the past 9 years I've either been developing as a software engineer or managing software engineers who work on some of the Web's most trafficked sites.

If you notice me disappear for extended periods during the evening hours in Europe, it's probably because I'm stuck in meetings or helping to put out fires. ;)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
swag said:
For the past 9 years I've either been developing as a software engineer or managing software engineers who work on some of the Web's most trafficked sites.
Cool.

If you notice me disappear for extended periods during the evening hours in Europe, it's probably because I'm stuck in meetings or helping to put out fires. ;)
If you notice me disappear for extended periods during the evening hours, I've gone home and/or am eating dinner. I'm not setting any fires. :shifty:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Marty said:
Congrats to swag for being the first one to reach two green dots for reputation. :)
How do we know who's giving us the reputation points? I see I've been given a bunch but I don't know who gave them.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Jeeks said:
How do we know who's giving us the reputation points? I see I've been given a bunch but I don't know who gave them.
You don't. I don't see the harm in seeing who gave you positive rep, but the other kind might spark arguments. Just sit back and enjoy the good karma. :cool:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
mikhail said:
You don't. I don't see the harm in seeing who gave you positive rep, but the other kind might spark arguments. Just sit back and enjoy the good karma. :cool:
I see what you mean, but human is curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)