Report: Gila agrees Milan move (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
This is something that pisses me off. We need an all-action goalscorer like Gilardino, and I would surely give up the injury-prone Trezeguet for Alberto. Another lost player..
I'm not pissed simply because I'm used to Moggi and the rest of the Juve management fvcking around like this. We always miss out on the top players, if we get a striker it'll be someone like Caracciolo, Iaquinta or Nonda as opposed to a Gilardino or a Torres. I wouldn't be surprised if Rosicky and Riquelme end up signing for other clubs and we get Ledesma or Bresciano.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
gila is overrated, he will have to prove himself at milan
Overrated? Maybe, but he's a better finisher than all of our strikers bar Trezeguet who he is much more complete than. I certainly wouldn't mind if we got him.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Gilardino isnt overrated IMO. He is a lone striker and scores a lot of goals. Someone who is overrated is Fernando Torres ;)

FORZA JUVE!! Gilardino will snub Milan in the end and come to Juventus...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Fernando Torres may be a bit overhyped, but I don't think he's overrated. He's going to be a quite brilliant player I reckon.

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
Pecker, kan du förklara vilka spelarna det är som ikonerna där nere i din sign representerar? har alltid undrat :)

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
Pecker, kan du förklara vilka spelarna det är som ikonerna där nere i din sign representerar? har alltid undrat :)
------Trezeguet-------
Zlatan--------Mutu/Alex

:)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
I think Gila is overrated. Id rather hae Mutu or Cassano over Gila, even if they arent exactly the same mould of striker.
I'd rather have a player like Gila, Young talent Italian , better then Overrated druged up player...

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
I want this: Zalayeta, Trez OUTa here. Cassano and Gilardino in here ;)

--------Gilagol
Cassano------Zlatan
--------Nedved
----Blasi----Emerson
Zamb-Canna-Thuram-Zebina
--------SuperGigi

or something like this, though I prefer another RB than Zebina...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I want that too..........looks like we gonna stick to Trezegol for quite some time. I think we better get a good young backup defender.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I too don't buy this "Gila is overrated" line. Overrated by who? His mom? He didn't show in the top 50 of the FIFA World Player of the Year awards, and I am expecting something similar for the Ballon d'Or. So unless we're all expecting him to shoot fire from his ass when playing on the pitch, I don't see how he's not living up to the level of regard he's currently given.

He plays for a talent- and economics-decimated team in Parma (now a major relegation battler) and has still managed to be the 4th leading scorer in the league ... ahead of Boijinov, Totti, and certainly Zlatan. This and he is still only 22 years old with a huge potential career ahead of him to get better.

Sour grapes in this case, I'm afraid.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
I think Gila is overrated. Id rather hae Mutu or Cassano over Gila, even if they arent exactly the same mould of striker.
And Cassano isnt??:confused:

Ill happily take Gila anyday!!

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I'm not pissed simply because I'm used to Moggi and the rest of the Juve management fvcking around like this. We always miss out on the top players, if we get a striker it'll be someone like Caracciolo, Iaquinta or Nonda as opposed to a Gilardino or a Torres. I wouldn't be surprised if Rosicky and Riquelme end up signing for other clubs and we get Ledesma or Bresciano.
Stuart, this time around I think the one that had the most say in why we didn't get GILA and ended up buying Zlatan is CAPELLO!

He is the kind of coach that wants players HE approves!

I think if it hadn't been for Capello we would had seen Trezeguet be sold and we would had bought GILA.

Janku and Gila, more or less Milan tied according to the media!
Even Pizarro is being linked with Milan these days...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
I agree. Torres is only 20 years old and he's already scored about 50(?) goals in La liga.
So what's that, like, 2.5 goals per year? Big deal :rolleyes:

:D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
I too don't buy this "Gila is overrated" line. Overrated by who? His mom? He didn't show in the top 50 of the FIFA World Player of the Year awards, and I am expecting something similar for the Ballon d'Or. So unless we're all expecting him to shoot fire from his ass when playing on the pitch, I don't see how he's not living up to the level of regard he's currently given.

He plays for a talent- and economics-decimated team in Parma (now a major relegation battler) and has still managed to be the 4th leading scorer in the league ... ahead of Boijinov, Totti, and certainly Zlatan. This and he is still only 22 years old with a huge potential career ahead of him to get better.

Sour grapes in this case, I'm afraid.
Sour grapes? Anything but.

Im afraid Gila's statistics flatter to decieve. Sure, he had a phenomenal season last year, and he's doing just about alright this year. But surely, being snapped up by Milan in itself is in a sense an overrated move. 15 mil? I for one, dont feel that transfer fee is justified. On one hand Parma are relegation battlers, well they probably would have been better off had Gila been worth the 15 million price tag. He's young and one super season has put him on the transfer lists of the bigger clubs, but I think in this case as a Juve fan if given a choice, I'd still stick with a tried and tested Adrian Mutu. One may argue, that at 22, hes got the potential and time on his side, but if that is a yardstick, Appiah and Kapo just became more eligible.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++

Stuart, this time around I think the one that had the most say in why we didn't get GILA and ended up buying Zlatan is CAPELLO!

He is the kind of coach that wants players HE approves!

I think if it hadn't been for Capello we would had seen Trezeguet be sold and we would had bought GILA.

Janku and Gila, more or less Milan tied according to the media!
Even Pizarro is being linked with Milan these days...
Capello certainly plays a crucial part in the transfers and I agree with you, he's the main reason if not the only reason that Trezeguet is still a Juve player. All the signs pointed towards a Trezeguet departure and the purchase of Gilardino but Capello joined, Trez signed a new contract, and Gilardino was forgotten about. Cap knew what he wanted for this team, but I can't say I agree with it. His plan was for us to be as solid as possible at the back and efficient in attack, hence Trezzy being an integral part of his plans and two holding midfielders getting the nod as opposed to a more attacking player. Don Fabio has avoided taking risks unless absolutely necessary and the lack of creativity in midfield means that we don't create as much chances as we need to when we play 4-4-2. The trident attack has been an improvement, but as of now we haven't seen it in action against a big team. Del Piero has flourished when played alongside two forwards and given the side a bit more imagination in recent weeks but it remains to be seen if the 4-3-3 will be used regularly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)