Report: Gila agrees Milan move (1 Viewer)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Capello certainly plays a crucial part in the transfers and I agree with you, he's the main reason if not the only reason that Trezeguet is still a Juve player. All the signs pointed towards a Trezeguet departure and the purchase of Gilardino but Capello joined, Trez signed a new contract, and Gilardino was forgotten about. Cap knew what he wanted for this team, but I can't say I agree with it. His plan was for us to be as solid as possible at the back and efficient in attack, hence Trezzy being an integral part of his plans and two holding midfielders getting the nod as opposed to a more attacking player. Don Fabio has avoided taking risks unless absolutely necessary and the lack of creativity in midfield means that we don't create as much chances as we need to when we play 4-4-2. The trident attack has been an improvement, but as of now we haven't seen it in action against a big team. Del Piero has flourished when played alongside two forwards and given the side a bit more imagination in recent weeks but it remains to be seen if the 4-3-3 will be used regularly.
Actually I believe that Capello is building the team to create another kind of Juve for next season. Currently all the signs hint that Cap is going to go with 4-3-3 next season. For this season his plan was simple: to create solid backline which we lacked previous season. For next season? Nobody knows yet... So please hold your horses, we haven't seen even nearly all of it, complain next season if we're doing badly. As for myself, I don't care how we play if keep winning.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 7, 2004
Once this move comes off Milan are going to be an even bigger force to be reckoned with for Juve. This is going to be great for us. Despite being a Milan fan i hope Juve sign some good players next season so as to the Scudetto race interesting, even if we win it again. Italian clubs must yet again show their dominance over those english and spanish wannabe's.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

Actually I believe that Capello is building the team to create another kind of Juve for next season. Currently all the signs hint that Cap is going to go with 4-3-3 next season. For this season his plan was simple: to create solid backline which we lacked previous season. For next season? Nobody knows yet... So please hold your horses, we haven't seen even nearly all of it, complain next season if we're doing badly. As for myself, I don't care how we play if keep winning.
Maybe he is but I wouldn't be so sure about Capello going with 4-3-3 next season. The only reason that he has even used that system recently is because of Nedved's absence. What did he do last time Neddy was available? Yep, that's right, shelve the 4-3-3 for a more defensive, less effective 4-4-2. Until I see Capello play Nedved and three strikers at the same time from the start of a game I won't be convinced of Don Fabio's intentions as I don't see him leaving out Pavel. You may not care about how we play if we're winning but if we continue playing like this we're not going to win anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)