Renzo Castagnini is the new chief scout (1 Viewer)

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Renzo Castagnini is the new chief scout

As of today, July 1st 2008, Renzo Castagnini is the new man in charge of Juventus' talent scouts.

Born in Reggello (near Florence) on November 14th 1956, Castagnini played professional football between 1975 and 1990. After his long career as a footballer, he became a manager and since 1992 has been working as Director of Sport at many clubs, among them Barletta, Salernitana, Catania, Genoa, Vicenza and finally Piacenza, the last position he covered before reaching Turin.

At Juventus he will be working under Alessio Secco.

The new man in charge of the scouts expressed his satisfaction via a press release sent out by the Club: «I'm proud to be working for an internationally renowned Club like Juventus».

http://www.juventus.com/site/eng/NEWS_newsseriea_063DD9EB60B54CE8955F2FDC1FAD0D22.asp

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Jack may be joking but I read that Piacenza fans are delighted he's left. One rumor said that he wasn't sold on Alonso. He said he was too slow.

:shocked2:

HIRE ME YOU F*CKIN' A**HOLES!!! :p

OP
Gazzo

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
  • Thread Starter #13
    33 fans is nothing. A couple of dozen of people represent squat.
    It's the mere fact that a small club like Piacenza wanted to get rid of him in the first place, if he can't handle Piacenza how the hell is he going to the top scouting job at Juventus?

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    raccolta di firme per fermare il direttore sportivo del piacenza calcio in scadenza di contratto nel giugno 2008.
    chiediamo il suo allontamento da piacenza per mancanza di rispetto verso i tifosi in primis, giocatori(vedi degano,miglionico,stamilla e altri),allenatori imponendogli le sue scelte(simon docet)e scelte sbagliate di mercato

Lack of respect towards the fans was the main reason they startet the petition.Despite it seems he made a few flop signings.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    from what I have gathered here and from other people, this guy sounds like a proper gimp. Good addition to our idiot trio of secco, blanc (not so much) and gigli

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    It's the mere fact that a small club like Piacenza wanted to get rid of him in the first place, if he can't handle Piacenza how the hell is he going to the top scouting job at Juventus?
    But thats the thing, how do we know he couldnt handle things in Piacenza? The word of 33 individuals out all Italian Piancenza fans?

We dont even know for what or why they dislike him, it might be a nonsensical reason, a silly personal grudge or simply not doing what they say or such (took measures against ultras etc) that they would deem as disrespectful or not true to Piazenza. It might be for good reasons, or just super subjective agenda driven bull.

For example, another official who is disliked by fans, lets say if we didnt know shit about Lazio, we would think Lazio's president Lotito is horrible because Lazio ultras hates his guts, so naturally he must suck. While in reality, he has done a great job with Lazio with little to no funds, and is rebuilding them, and the faschist thugs and ultras dont like him because they dont get to run things as before under Cragnotti, and get free tickets and perks like that.

P.S Not that it means anything, but besides Lazio and Verona, Piazenza fans are the most well known fachist right wingers in calcio.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    we also had a good one(Sensibile) but they didn't listen to him and was dropped for that Castagna guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)