Religious symbols and signatures on the forum (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #41
    • V

V

So it is the foreign language in a signature that bothers you or the fact that the signature has religious text in it?
    It's both, because it's not the place for it. I'd be just as annoyed, believe me, if there was a bunch of catholics with similar signatures, but the fact is there isn't much of them. I can't remember the last time I saw a religious sig or avatar that didn't come from a Muslim member.

But it doesn't matter. Probably half the regulars here are Muslims and I coultn't care less about it as I like most of them, I just don't see the point of constantly pointing out your beliefs. It doesn't lead to anything but flame wars with Seven.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    Apr 12, 2004
    Yes, but you don't have to ban over nothing. Is it really normal that you're offended when someone makes a joke about your God? Is that really a healthy situation? Is it really healthy that you're offended when someone has a sig about Allah in a language you don't even understand?

Seriously, am I the one who is not tolerant?
    Agree.
    But you can't. Because once you do, the discussion starts. And when it starts, the mods start banning, warning and closing threads. And so it spreads. They have a religion forum, but you're not allowed to use it.
    Don't lump us all in together.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    i agree with you on the whole flaunting your belief but thats our opinion, we cant impose it through censorship. Thats not harming or offending anyone.
    Same here, I am not asking censorship neither, I only told him how disgusting the idea is.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    It's both, because it's not the place for it. I'd be just as annoyed, believe me, if there was a bunch of catholics with similar signatures, but the fact is there isn't much of them. I can't remember the last time I saw a religious sig or avatar that didn't come from a Muslim member.

But it doesn't matter. Probably half the regulars here are Muslims and I coultn't care less about it as I like most of them, I just don't see the point of constantly pointing out your beliefs. It doesn't lead to anything but flame wars with Seven.
    I don't think that's really true. Some members who don't have English as their first language do have something written in their own language in their own sig. There are also members here that have their agenda in their sigs. Virtual speaks of his cross breaking something of Muslims, jasper has his atheist agenda on there, lawnchair pretty much always has something in there, and seven did as well.

edit: Your sig has Italian in it fyi.

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #46
    • V

V

I don't think that's really true. Some members who don't have English as their first language do have something written in their own language in their own sig. There are also members here that have their agenda in their sigs. Virtual speaks of his cross breaking something of Muslims, jasper has his atheist agenda on there, lawnchair pretty much always has something in there, and seven did as well.

edit: Your sig has Italian in it fyi.
    I say remove it all from the general forum and if someone is so bent over discussing it, you have your subforum. People who don't care about religion are not bothered and you guys got a place to discuss the hell out of it. End of.

Yeah, I know but it's obviously about Juventus.

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #48
    • V

V

Whatever, I already used more time on this subject than I intended, this is the last on the subject from me.

I have the best intentions for this forum and if all of you wanna get hung up on censorship and crap, like this is actual life, be my guest. It's a freaking Juventus fan forum, lets all leave it at that.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    This whole issue could be solved easily if there would be possible for every member to put sigs in to ignore list, instead of putting the member in to ignore list.

Then again i guess technically working out such a system would take too much time so therefore isnt worth it for some silly signature.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    Just close that relegion thread and all these issues would end.
    As for the sig, I belive its Yasor17 freedom to say whatever he wants just like all of you do.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    I wish if I had Arabic letters, I had good signature in my mind, after reading JBF's "freedom of speech" lecture.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)