Religious symbols and signatures on the forum (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #22
    • V

V

how does yasor's sig compare to an obvious act of provocation, unless you re a bigot that sig shouldnt bother you
    Because it says Juventuz community forums in the title. I'm here to read about Juventus and football in general. I don't wanna see Turkish scribblings every second post. I don't care if people discuss it, that's why I don't open the religion forum, I just don't wanna see it everywhere.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Because it says Juventuz community forums in the title. I'm here to read about Juventus and football in general. I don't wanna see Turkish scribblings every second post. I don't care if people discuss it, that's why I don't open the religion forum, I just don't wanna see it everywhere.
    V, the ensuing conversation in that thread was wrong, granted. But that sig is harmless man, so its ok for me to say you can suck on my dick :p but not ok for him to profess what he along with a billion people believe?

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #25
    • V

V

No. Because that's racism. It's something else entirely. A Croatia flag is not the same as a swastika.
    That flag was a flag of a country that was appointed by the Nazi Germany. It's not offensive to general public but those that are familiar with it, will find it offensive. Same thing with muslim sigs and symbols, I don't know them and I can't be arsed to think whether it represent a field of flowers or a terrorist group. It's place is not in this forum.

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
    Translated signature of user Yasor17.

This shit, in advance sorry for the expression, needs to be removed from his signature. I'm not trying to pull a seven here, but I find these letters, which I can't understand and even when I find out the translation, quite disturbing. I don't mind you people, christians and muslims both, discussing religion and politics or whatever on this forum, but keep it in appropriate threads, which I have no interest in opening. There's a religion subforum, so take it all there, all of us don't need to see these writings on the whole freaking forum. Same goes for Chinese scribblings as well.

I already asked this kind of stuff to be implemented in the rules, but to no avail, so I'm asking again. The rules state this is a English speaking forum and that should go for not just posts, but signatures and avatars as well.

Please discuss, or better yet, get busy mods.
    Oh Yeah

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #30
    • V

V

Wow, vlatko chill out man. You are just looking for problems that are not there.
    I'm chilled, I'm just annoyed at this constant religion bullshit that plagues this forum. Like Dusan said, I have no idea why there even is a religion subforum on this site, but since it's here, take all of it there.

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #31
    • V

V

Yes, but you don't have to ban over nothing. Is it really normal that you're offended when someone makes a joke about your God? Is that really a healthy situation? Is it really healthy that you're offended when someone has a sig about Allah in a language you don't even understand?

Seriously, am I the one who is not tolerant?
    I am annoyed, not offended. Like I said, I couldn't care less about religion or politics on this forum. This bullshit gave you your permanent ban, so enjoy it.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Who's Alby? And why is he complaining about mods when he has just registered?

So it is the foreign language in a signature that bothers you or the fact that the signature has religious text in it?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    V, the ensuing conversation in that thread was wrong, granted. But that sig is harmless man, so its ok for me to say you can suck on my dick :p but not ok for him to profess what he along with a billion people believe?
    I would only welcome that sig if it was provocative, against us who make fun of religion, but I am sure it is not for provocative reasons, it's out of stupidity, ffs what is the point of putting that line in an English football forum? Everytime I see it I go like :sergio: just like I react the same way, everytime Kaka or the likes of him who show that " I belong to Jesus" shirts :sergio:

and who the fuck is Alby?

Apr 12, 2004
    Because it's racist. And I'm Alby FFS!
    Okay, first of all it's not racist.

Second of all, I believe in the right to free speech and freedom of expression. This, to me, means that instead of trying to censor some things versus others, we should censor nothing, including the swastika avatars and Mohammed avatars.

Why ban some stuff? I say allow it all.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Yes, but you don't have to ban over nothing. Is it really normal that you're offended when someone makes a joke about your God? Is that really a healthy situation? Is it really healthy that you're offended when someone has a sig about Allah in a language you don't even understand?

Seriously, am I the one who is not tolerant?
    I don't agree about perma bans but don't you think it was too much sometimes?

It doesn't bother me that much actually, he can keep it if mods don't want to close religion sub-forum and forbid that discussion. I don't care that much about signature in particular but it can't lead to anything good IMO. It's all I think.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    I would only welcome that sig if it was provocative, against us who make fun of religion, but I am sure it is not for provocative reasons, it's out of stupidity, ffs what is the point of putting that line in an English football forum? Everytime I see it I go like :sergio: just like I react the same way, everytime Kaka or the likes of him who show that " I belong to Jesus" shirts :sergio:

and who the fuck is Alby?
    i agree with you on the whole flaunting your belief but thats our opinion, we cant impose it through censorship. Thats not harming or offending anyone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)