Regeneration Of Italian Football (1 Viewer)

Forza AC Milan

Oct 2, 2002
Hello dear friends!

This is the correct time to open this thread! AC Milan and Juventus fabulous start up in Europe brings the old times back, when every italian team was respected in Europe, every season italian teams would make it at least to the finals.

Juve dominating its group, finding Del Piero in excellent form, the team is sptiritually high not looking at the youngsters and newcomers to the team. thanx to Lippi of course.

AC Milan! a new magical team ( u must agree on that). For those of you, who analyse soccer fair enough must accept the fact that AC Milan is in great shape and more still to come! Lens (2-1), Deportivo (0-4), Bayern Munich (1-2) and almost all goals from Pippo Inzaghi who is along side with Del Piero are europes most fearful strickers (still waiting for Shevchenko come back).

I would like to share your opinion about this two teams, that are real challengers for CL and Scudetto for sure...just ignore Inter, cause they are nothing compared to Juve and Milan!

Сheers!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
There's no question that Milan and Juve are back as strong contenders for the CL Title....though i admit Milan are in a lot better shape than Juve and these two teams are better than Roma. Though i do expect Inter to pick up pace and catch up.

I rememer the 00/01 Juve Under Ancelotti. It seemed very organized sometimes, but Carlo made to many mistakes against small clubs and the team wasn't consistant. I think Ancelotti fixed his mistakes with Milan: They are very organized in all positions and they seem consistant.

If we were to judge by these few weeks, the Final is set to be Madrid-Milan. I hope Milan continue their good form, first because they're italian and second because they deserve to be back on top of Europe(Forza Maldini, SupperPippo ;) ).

Though at this point, Milan and Juve can continue to do well, but i admit that There are a few players, who if injuerd, can destroy the team.
In Juve: Del Piero and Nedved are lifting juve at this point.
In Milan: Inzaghi(though sheva is comming) and Pirlo who is keeping the defense-Mid flowing smoothly. no doubt that Rivaldo is important, but Rui Costa can take his place.

Juve Need to play as they did against D.Kiev to be a great threat in the CL.

When it comes to Inter, i think they just neeed to get over last season and relax. they have the elements of success. I think Inter's success will start when Cuper opens his eyes and puts Cannavaro back in the central defense.

Roma :fero: To win, they need to Vote Sensi out, put a set of Balls on Totti :totti:, and slap the whole team and Officials in the face and tell them that they are not juve or milan: they cant think that they can win titles every year!

BTW..Welcome to the Forums :D

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
hey welcome to the forum

i have to agree that milan and juve are gonnna battle it out for lo scudetto but i duno bout CL, personally i think Milan may be able to make it furthur than juve....but who knows, look at leverkusen last year.

But i disagree about inter, they have a superb coach , brilliant team they can go far , as majed said alll they have to do is get over last season, which wouldn't be easy, thou juve did, so maybe inter willl win the scudettto like juve :D

OP
Forza AC Milan

Forza AC Milan

Oct 2, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    guys, thanx for reply, still waiting others to discuss with.

I just forgot to introduce myself here, though I used to come here a lot, read posts, and was once registered but forgot my password...my nick was Il_Phantomo (Alex knows from where I am;)).

lets, see what Inter and ROma do tonight! but as Milanista, I cannot wish inter good luck...sorry....:)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    It's been a while, Il Phantomo ;)

I can't say this enough: Forza SuperPippo!! :D;)

It's still early in the CL, Juve and Milan have started well. Let me rephrase... Milan have started extremely well. I was really pleased with the results, not to mention last night's thumping of Bayern! :devil:;) For Milan I am not worried, you are practically qualified already. All that remains is to kick Bayern out and move forward. I hear Rivaldo is still warming up.... :D With Sheva on his way back you should be really well covered for any eventuality, just hoping your key players can elude the kind of serious injuries that ruined last year for you. And how long before Pirlo kicks Totti out and becomes the new leader of the Azzurri, because I really can't wait!? :devil::D;)

For Juve I am not equally confident. We rely on Alex these days, which is not reassuring. A drop of form, god forbid an injury and we are in disarray. Trez looks on his way back, by all means he should be able to carry the load some. Salas and Di Vaio still not reached a good streak of form.. :( But the biggest worry is our midfield, which is a mess at times. Without Camoranesi there is little offensive pressure or so I've been told. Davids is a great asset, but Tudor is no Albertini. From the Parma game we learnt that cutting our right side Thuram-Camo away from the left Nedved-Alex we are helpless going forward. Without a proper winger nor an offensive left back, our left flank is also a minor threat. I expect Pessotto will recapture his place from Moretti and thus we are as good as relieved of offensive pressure on the left.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I think Milan are certainly better than us offensively, but we are better defensively, so things even out!

All this talk about Pippo being on fire..have any of you actually seen his goals?

theyre all bloody tap ins, anyone could score them! his average scoring distance is about 2 yards I mean why does everyone think he's so darn good?? he's a terrible player who relies on goalhanging to get every single goal he has ever scored, with the exception of maybe 2 career goals that were outside the area? possibly not!

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    He is a goal poacher and thats his job, itys not his job to be scoring screamers and if you think goal poaching is eay , how vome mighty Trez missed a couple yesterday, you saw the game , you know what I am talking about

Its an art to anticipate where the ball is gonna drop in the box and its also an art to run inot positions where your team mates can find you and your opponents cannot spot you.

When you create so many chances and there is noone to convert then you are in trouble and by all accounts yesterday Bayern outplayed Milan but Super Peps took his chances when they came along

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    and that makes him super does it?

the fact that trez was coming back from injury and his chances were much harder than the ones pippo scored means nothing does it?

:rolleyes:

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    trezeguet better then inzaghi!!
    inzaghi is a traitor!, and i don't like his style- falling all the time (delpiero starts to fall a lot too).
    trezeguet will have his say...expect this. terzeguet is similar to inzaghi because they both a 16 area players.

about inter- they have to improve, i saw thier game against ajax and they were very bad. they had luck but luck it's not enough.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    and that makes him super does it?

the fact that trez was coming back from injury and his chances were much harder than the ones pippo scored means nothing does it?

:rolleyes:
    Please give the Inzaghi bashing a rest, its getting old and boring, Trez has been back for 2 weeks now and was he not scoring hatricks and 4 goals against amateur sides, he missed gaping chances that Inzaghi would have been at the right place to score

Inzaghi came back from 3 month injury lay off himself and was scoring for Milan almost as soon as he came back

I am not bashing Trez but I prefer players who offer a lot more movement to what he does , I mean Shearer is not the mobile of players but even his movement yesterday was far superior to Trez's

Where you scoer from is unimportant , its that you ate least score of even if you don't at least contribute to your side in other ways

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    Ok INzaghi is not a good football player

even Cruyff has said that Inzaghi is no football player

but he scores goals.....

He is extremley talented at anticipating......

But for anyone that watches more of the highlights of the Milan games you should know that as a player he is terrible.
    And Anything he tries to do outside the penalty area results either in him getting a free kick (from a dive or a foul) or from INzaghi missing the ball.

Don't get me wrong If Man U were to buy him he would probably be their best hitman.
    Because MAn U's game is based on intrained Scrimages. Making runs and playing the game like you were tought and not by independant thinking.

So at United he would be great.

However in Milan he is not that good.
    Several times in the game he missed his passes like when Milan were 3 on 2 and Rui Costa was totally open sure Inzahgi made the pass.... but the ball bounced off Kovac instead of coming to Rui Costa.

The best example was however when Milan was up 2-1 Inzaghi gets a through ball going diagonally towards the left corner flag.

He bursts away from his defender in his deadly speed he gets to the ball when it just by the corner flag. Stops it
    His head is down eyes are clued on the ball
    (like if he is thinking it will runaway from him at any given moment)
    from behind comes Kovac or Linke.
    So INzaghi starts shielding the ball. in his own special way by bumping out his ass towards Kovac and almost grinding it against him and still keeping his eyes straight down at the ball momentairly flashing looks at Kovac.

While Kovac is thinking *what the f*** is this guy doing*

INzaghi quickly spins around and manages to squeze a low cross in at the near post.

the Cross its good in fact its very good it eludes Kovac and comes in to the penalty area.

Only one problem there is no one there apart from Kahn. :lol:

Had this been in Man U Giggs or Scholes would of probably been bursting in the peantly box ready to slot it past the keeper.

Had Simone been playing he probably would of been there to slot it outside the post :lol:

But in Milan Serginho came up to meet his pass behind him
    Their were probably other players waiting for the pass.
    But INzaghi didn't see any of them.

Because he does not know how to be creative.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    he doesn't know how do to anything..with the exception of make shite passes, run like a headless chicken, get offside miss sitters and score from 5 yards

some talent this lads got

Manutd.Visitor

Aug 30, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++

Don't get me wrong If Man U were to buy him he would probably be their best hitman.
    Because MAn U's game is based on intrained Scrimages. Making runs and playing the game like you were tought and not by independant thinking.

So at United he would be great.
    Man United do play with a great team ethos but you still need to be a very intelligent player (ie a player a player with great individual ability), to play for them.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I find it a little sad how much Becks has to put up with. If I could choose, I would much rather switch the abuse to Seaman or Adams or Shearer.. :devil::D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)