Regeneration Of Italian Football (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
That's true and I had issues with that years ago. But it seems like he likes it that way, a bit low key instead of all the hype. I say why not if that's his style, I still think people value him high for his ability :)

Manutd.Visitor

Aug 30, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
:cool:

I always feel he's under-rated .. He doesn't get the publicity that Beckham gets and also play for a less glamourous national team :down:
It's so true... When have you heard his name mentioned in the top nominees for world or euro player of the year?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Whats with inzaghi Bashing these days!!!!!! :(

i dont care how the hell he plays....If he stands on one hand and dribbles with his head, he still SCORES GOALS...THATS ALL THAT MATTERS for HIS position (being a lone stricker, he is not a DP, or Vieri, or anyone else...he is like Trez but with better vision and worse with the ball between his legs)

I'm sorry EveLyn8, but your argument makes NO sense!!

++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
as a player he is terrible
Guess what...news flash....Inzaghi is a player and a great one because he does exactly what is expected of him!
i dont expect inzaghi to make runs and assists because its not his job!! why is he bad for that!!
The same reason why you dont call Del Piero a terrible player jus because he doesn't play goal keeper or defender!! ... get the point, ITS NOT WHAT'S expected from him!!!

Don't get me wrong If Man U were to buy him he would probably be their best hitman. .... However in Milan he is not that good.
How can you say this when Pippo is scoring GOALS!!!! he is already a great hitman(might be better in Man!, but he is GREAT in Milan)
:LOL: @ not that good in Milan!!!!!! how can i reply to this?!!?!!!
Hey. do you know what Football is? there's something called goals! this is not a criicket forum!!

He bursts away from his defender in his deadly speed he gets to the ball when it just by the corner flag. Stops it
His head is down eyes are clued on the ball
(like if he is thinking it will runaway from him at any given moment)
from behind comes Kovac or Linke.
So INzaghi starts shielding the ball. in his own special way by bumping out his ass towards Kovac and almost grinding it against him and still keeping his eyes straight down at the ball momentairly flashing looks at Kovac.

While Kovac is thinking *what the f*** is this guy doing*

INzaghi quickly spins around and manages to squeze a low cross in at the near post.

the Cross its good in fact its very good it eludes Kovac and comes in to the penalty area.

Only one problem there is no one there apart from Kahn. :lol:

Had this been in Man U Giggs or Scholes would of probably been bursting in the peantly box ready to slot it past the keeper.

Had Simone been playing he probably would of been there to slot it outside the post :lol:
WHY or u surprized that he couldn't cross!!
First, he stuck out his ass to block the ball and wait till his teammates arrive to help (remember he is the LONE stricker so its not like he has options!)
second, He is NOOOOOT giggs or schole!! you think players are good at everything!!!!! He is a last stricker not a winger!!! there are different qualities!!
The world is not simple black/white, good/bad. There is no player good at everything!!!

Inzaghi's job is to find spaces in the box and score when the ball is comming in his direction!!

Your argument has big falicies...the main falicy you use is FALSE CAUSE.
YOU SAY INZAGHI is a BAD Stricker because he doesn't know how to play on the wing!!

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Manutd.Visitor ] ++

Man United do play with a great team ethos but you still need to be a very intelligent player (ie a player a player with great individual ability), to play for them.
This is what you don't need to be

As a MAn U fan I understand you like to think of your players as play intelligent

but Butt, Beckham, Neville brothers and W Brown....

Will never be as good for any other club as United because
They play by scrimages and trained in moves which only work for that club.

That is why Neville brothers have been misrable in ENgland NT.

Look at the Aberdeen side that Ferguesson created miracles with. they were not skilled players but they played like a unit.

Since Fergusson makes them know only how to play in a certain way.,.

Since he is thinking of stepping down.
He is ensuring the survival of his team by buying in Strong Intelligent leaders to every part of the field.
That can read and dictate the game themselves

Blanc (temporaire) Now there is Rio in the back
Veron in the middle.
And RVN at the top these players
can be creative and play intelliegent as well and not only create the chances.....

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
I didn't say Inzaghi was a bad striker.....

Majed so don't come throwing it in my face
:( :fero:

I said he was a bad football player.
And I am not alone in that opinion As I earlier mention Cruyff said the exact same thing.

And If Cruyff was coaching Milan Inzaghi would be the first man out of the door.....

Because Cruyff likes totalitarian players
That is his idea football

Obviously not yours.....

Now Cruyff has A WC Silver Medal....
AS a coach he exceeds most coaches in the game tooday in merits....

so please don't take any offense in me taking his word over yours in this matter...

Inzaghi is not a football player. I have seen better players in Division 3. But he is a goal scorer and at that he is one of the best in the world.

But he still keeps his eyes glued on the ball as a player playing for the NT of the Samoa Islands......
and his passing is very inprecise.....

and what I meant with the cross is
that it was very good.
There was nothing wrong with the cross....

The only problem is he didn't even bother to look if he had a team meate in the penalty area!!!!!!!!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
I agree with your points, Majed, but let's keep it cool :)
Sorry Martin...i appologize.....i did overreact a bit ;)

i meant no personal attack Evelyn8, this was just a clash of completely opposite ideas.

but you have to admit Martin, that the image of inzaghi standing on one hand upside down and dribbling with his head is kinda wierd!!! :LOL:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I didn't say Inzaghi was a bad striker.....

Majed so don't come throwing it in my face
:( :fero:

And I am not alone in that opinion As I earlier mention Cruyff said the exact same thing.

And If Cruyff was coaching Milan Inzaghi would be the first man out of the door.....

Because Cruyff likes totalitarian players
That is his idea football

Obviously not yours.....

Now Cruyff has A WC Silver Medal....
AS a coach he exceeds most coaches in the game tooday in merits....

so please don't take any offense in me taking his word over yours in this matter...

Inzaghi is not a football player. I have seen better players in Division 3. But he is a goal scorer and at that he is one of the best in the world.

But he still keeps his eyes glued on the ball as a player playing for the NT of the Samoa Islands......
and his passing is very inprecise.....

and what I meant with the cross is
that it was very good.
There was nothing wrong with the cross....

The only problem is he didn't even bother to look if he had a team meate in the penalty area!!!!!!!!

Hey....no offence, but if Cruyff (with his WC silver medal around his neck) says jumping off a builing is a good idea, would that make it right??

He's Human, i'm Human, and you are too.

I think Cruyff believes this because he played with Holland. The Same Holland that Invented the Free-Play. There game was very open. No player had a defined position.
in serie A and the CL and these days(even Holland) its different. tactics and roles are defined. So to say that Inzaghi is not good implies that the rest of the Milan team sucks as well because they are not ALL-ROUND either (though more than Inzaghi)

If you Ask Maradona about Zidane, he doesn't see ZZ as something special...the reason: Zidane doesn't enjoy the game as much as other players.

I gave you my opinion and i've given you the reasons that Inzaghi is great.

I didn't say Inzaghi was a bad striker....

BTW...A stricker is a football player.

OP
Forza AC Milan

Forza AC Milan

Oct 2, 2002
  • Thread Starter #33
    thanx Alex for welcoming me back! :)

guys, what I see is that we went to something another than the Regeneration of Italian Soccer. now it is called Pippo vs Trez. come on.....keep the subject.

As I told u, Inter is nothing compared to us....look how they played against Lyon...although lion is a good team...

Inter on the first place of Seria A is just a temporary matter. everything gonna change pretty soon! ;)

I am just fed up with Spanish clubs hegemony, especially that one of real...I cannot stand this!

but I am sure, that if we face them, both Milan and Juve, we will beat them at the moment!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Milan Maybe...Juve not yet.....
    but u expect more from both teams....:D

Watch Out Real...your thrown is gonna be taken away forever

Almajhool

Sep 8, 2002
    Welcome to the forum ..

regarding italian clubs in CL ..

i think Juve will be a big threat this year ... Juve is pickin up pace match after match ( but i hope that Lippi won't ruin that ) .. and i vote for Juve to play in old trafoord ..

Milan ... really very organized team ... i've seen the first half of their match against BM last Wedenseday .. and they look great ..
    controlling the midfield .. and controll the game their way ...

Inter ... needs to forget Ronaldo ... inter was and still based on single player ... Cuper should put faith back into his group and continuo building his team .. by the end of the season .. i think they'll look dangerous ..

Roma .. i can't add more that what Majed said .. " they can't win title every year " .... the only thing makes mad about that team is Capello .. he should coach a better team ..

Ciao

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    Inter has a strong team
    Good Trainers
    But Bad Managment.....

know most people don't think that the president has any effect on the management but it does. When Inter lost Ronaldo after a long fight. The Club was in kaos this has effected the players. They will soon however get back to winning ways.

look at the players.....

As far as the Spansih Clubs are concerned
    I say Milan can beat Depor and Madrid. at the current moment.
    but will have a tuff time against Barca.
    Juve can beat Barca and Madrid.
    But will have a torrid time against Depor.

But the Team that we can not yet conquer i Valencia.....

Manutd.Visitor

Aug 30, 2002

This is what you don't need to be

As a MAn U fan I understand you like to think of your players as play intelligent

but Butt, Beckham, Neville brothers and W Brown....

Will never be as good for any other club as United because
    They play by scrimages and trained in moves which only work for that club.

That is why Neville brothers have been misrable in ENgland NT.
    Still don't agree with you... Ok you you may have a point with the Neville brothers but, not with the other players.

If Beckham sometimes looks restricted, it's because of the system he plays in, not because he's an average player. He plays wide right but think his best position would be in the middle thus using his vision and passing skills. Somehow, I feel most teams would gladly have him in their team.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Forza AC Milan ] ++
    thanx Alex for welcoming me back! :)

guys, what I see is that we went to something another than the Regeneration of Italian Soccer. now it is called Pippo vs Trez. come on.....keep the subject.

As I told u, Inter is nothing compared to us....look how they played against Lyon...although lion is a good team...

Inter on the first place of Seria A is just a temporary matter. everything gonna change pretty soon! ;)

I am just fed up with Spanish clubs hegemony, especially that one of real...I cannot stand this!

but I am sure, that if we face them, both Milan and Juve, we will beat them at the moment!
    Welcome to the forum, Forza Milan!:) milanisti must be proud with Pippo Inzaghi! Yea, He's great!:thumb: I'm happy for him :)
    Well, I can't wait to see Italian derby Milan-Juve :D;)

I agree with you about Inter, they're not good for now, I think Cuper still confused with his formation. But remember they're on top in serie A right now. Like you said, I hope it's just for temporary. But I think Inter still dangerous. That's my opinion.

btw, I'm also happy with Italian clubs (Juve+Milan) performance in CL. :)
    I hope they'll keep this good thing. Who knows Juve will meet Milan on Final in Old Trafford!;)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Very true, im glad Juve and Milan are doing great in Europe .. people will start to give credit to the Italian teams and the Serie A, I hope the trend continues that way and Inter+Roma to improve so that we have a full house for the second stage ... in the UEFA Cup our hopes are pinned on Lazio, who did well, Parma, and Chievo ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)