Record 3rd consecutive Coppa Italia party here (1 Viewer)

Dec 26, 2004
That's why players like Monggolan and Hamsik say things like "winning one scudetto at Roma/Napoli is worth ten at Juve", because they tend to win one for every ten we win - which is convenient - so of course they know they have to celebrate it harder, like it is some kind of miraculous achievement.

They know nothing of the pressure of having to win every season, they made their choices and won't play for an elite club, so it's easy to sit there and make those comments, then once every ten years when everything falls into place they can create a mystique, almost mythology around this success.
I have to disagree, otherwise you have to include the old guards who stayed after Calciopoli since Juve for many years after Calciopoli stood a fraction of Barcelona's chance to win CL. According to this logic, Buffon should have went out of his comfort zone and moved to a more competitive team at the time compared to Juve.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Hamsik has never been hateful in a way that naingollan has been. Don't mind him as a person at all
I'm not highlighting Nainggolan's hate for Juve, that's a different thing altogether, I'm talking about the reasons players have for staying at a club, and in the case of Nainggolan he seems himself as some kind of moral crusader staying at Roma when he could go to Juve or Chelsea or whoever and win more trophies.

If players are genuinely happy and love where they play and want to be legends for that group of people then fair enough, but cynical me says that they will always have that thought "what if?".

- - - Updated - - -

I have to disagree, otherwise you have to include the old guards who stayed after Calciopoli since Juve for many years after Calciopoli stood a fraction of Barcelona's chance to win CL. According to this logic, Buffon should have went out of his comfort zone and moved to a more competitive team at the time compared to Juve.
I think I made a comment elsewhere touching on Calciopoli, or maybe I deleted the part I originally typed, but it's true that some players have made moral choices. I don't think Buffon or Nedved stayed here thinking that they would never again play for a top club. Nedved maybe because of his age. Point being that probably all of those players wanted to leave, it's just that some were more senators than others. Del Piero, Buffon and Nedved even then were players who represented more than the likes of Ibrahimovic, Emerson, Thuram, Cannavaro et al and they along with Camoranesi and Trezeguet were told to stay. Buffon is the only one who really saw the fruit of his sacrifice. Anyway, Calciopoli was a unique event.

Hamsik, Nainggolan, De Rossi and Totti are examples of players who could have (still might have) played for any top team but made a different decision, the only thing I'm querying is what that is based on, not criticising it. I'm criticising that it is seen as a more impressive gesture than those who push themselves to be among the elite.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It's funny how peoples mind work. When you're on a dry spell you can't wait for matches, you dream about success and winning, lifting the trophy. You get pissed when you don't win, etc.

Nowadays I don't even get shocked/surprised when we win, whether we're talking about Serie A or Coppa. It's just kind of expected. I also get less excited when we do so, compared to previous years, or years when we made a Serie A comeback. Success sometimes kills a portion of passion. That's why our players deserve a ton of credit for doing this job over the past years. It's incredible how they keep being motivated, despite the millions on their paycheck.

I wonder if its the same when you get super rich.
But Juve were always winning.
Juve, Real, and Bayern are the clubs that never really had dry spells.

Even when we failed winning the Scudetto for 9 years we were winning other trophies with Balon d'Or Baggio.

And another reason I will never get tired of trophies is Calciopoli. Hate is a great motivator.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
If anyone wants to post anything from Milan forum this has to be it. The single greatest post in any footballing forum ever. Check the date of the post. This was in 2012, before we won that first scudetto with Conte. I think this might have been after the game Milan lost to Fiorentina with that Amauri goal.

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=1303558&postcount=1179
Holy shit :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Khedira's hand in the second photo looks like a PES glitch.
Maybe we never really won anything, maybe it's all part of the Matrix. In reality we're still in Serie B.

OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #59
    If anyone wants to post anything from Milan forum this has to be it. The single greatest post in any footballing forum ever. Check the date of the post. This was in 2012, before we won that first scudetto with Conte. I think this might have been after the game Milan lost to Fiorentina with that Amauri goal.

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=1303558&postcount=1179
    http://forum.acmilan-online.com/member.php?u=37678 :D

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=2642476&postcount=337

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=2642481&postcount=338

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)