Record 3rd consecutive Coppa Italia party here (9 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's funny how peoples mind work. When you're on a dry spell you can't wait for matches, you dream about success and winning, lifting the trophy. You get pissed when you don't win, etc.

Nowadays I don't even get shocked/surprised when we win, whether we're talking about Serie A or Coppa. It's just kind of expected. I also get less excited when we do so, compared to previous years, or years when we made a Serie A comeback. Success sometimes kills a portion of passion. That's why our players deserve a ton of credit for doing this job over the past years. It's incredible how they keep being motivated, despite the millions on their paycheck.

I wonder if its the same when you get super rich.

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
It's funny how peoples mind work. When you're on a dry spell you can't wait for matches, you dream about success and winning, lifting the trophy. You get pissed when you don't win, etc.

Nowadays I don't even get shocked/surprised when we win, whether we're talking about Serie A or Coppa. It's just kind of expected. I also get less excited when we do so, compared to previous years, or years when we made a Serie A comeback. Success sometimes kills a portion of passion. That's why our players deserve a ton of credit for doing this job over the past years. It's incredible how they keep being motivated, despite the millions on their paycheck.

Let me know once you get there :D

OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #25

Great post, man. Exactly how I feel. Juve has made spoiled brats out of us. :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003

For a player to play at a club like Juventus, Bayern or Real he needs to have extreme hunger for success. You have to be among the most talented players on Earth to be considered for such teams, but more importantly, if you lack the desire to make the effort, you could still earn many millions on pure talent alone at a slightly lesser club.

I expect a player of Juventus to be hungry for success all the time.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    For a player to play at a club like Juventus, Bayern or Real he needs to have extreme hunger for success. You have to be among the most talented players on Earth to be considered for such teams, but more importantly, if you lack the desire to make the effort, you could still earn many millions on pure talent alone at a slightly lesser club.

We've seen way too many times how players look dead on the field, despite the name of the club. It has happened to us and IMO everything changed once Conte started coaching.

We'll never find out :(
    icemaη;5521704 said:
    Let me know once you get there :D
    Well, I know I won't :D

- - - Updated - - -

But also remember how Milan looked like dogshit once they won the CL.

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #30

I agree. It's also crucial to insert fresh blood into a club every season.

- - - Updated - - -

That's probably why we have signed Higuain tbh.
    :lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

It's better to be spoiled
    Than living in depression as Milan and Inter

These people every weekend cry and nervous
    Absolutely.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    That's why players like Monggolan and Hamsik say things like "winning one scudetto at Roma/Napoli is worth ten at Juve", because they tend to win one for every ten we win - which is convenient - so of course they know they have to celebrate it harder, like it is some kind of miraculous achievement.

They know nothing of the pressure of having to win every season, they made their choices and won't play for an elite club, so it's easy to sit there and make those comments, then once every ten years when everything falls into place they can create a mystique, almost mythology around this success.

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #32
    I'm so glad I have chosen Juve rather than AC Milan back in 1994. :touched:

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    That's why players like Monggolan and Hamsik say things like "winning one scudetto at Roma/Napoli is worth ten at Juve", because they tend to win one for every ten we win - which is convenient - so of course they know they have to celebrate it harder, like it is some kind of miraculous achievement.

They know nothing of the pressure of having to win every season, they made their choices and won't play for an elite club, so it's easy to sit there and make those comments, then once every ten years when everything falls into place they can create a mystique, almost mythology around this success.
    I can respect both approaches tbh

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I can respect both approaches tbh
    I can if they are driven through things other than fear of change. Reading De Rossi's comments recently made me think that maybe Hamsik is one who falls into that category where he doesn't want to come out of his comfort zone. Fans treat them as heroes because they ultimately stay put, but as we found out ourselves in the past through things like Calciopoli or stupid money, there are many factors that determine this kind of longevity and loyalty.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    a couple of years ago an inda fan said that vidal was our one and only good player, handanovic and even sirigu are way better than buffon, and he wouldn't swap guarin to marchisio :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

I can if they are driven through things other than fear of change. Reading De Rossi's comments recently made me think that maybe Hamsik is one who falls into that category where he doesn't want to come out of his comfort zone. Fans treat them as heroes because they ultimately stay put, but as we found out ourselves in the past through things like Calciopoli or stupid money, there are many factors that determine this kind of longevity and loyalty.
    would you mind sharing those comments? i thought hamsik was the kind of loyal guy who got my respect despite my aversion to napoli.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Hamsik has never been hateful in a way that naingollan has been. Don't mind him as a person at all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)