Recommend a Holiday thread (1 Viewer)

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
Gday.

Looking to go somewhere with my better half mid-next year for 4-5 weeks. I live in Sydney, so I'd prefer it to be somewhere where it is summer.

Put forth your suggestions on where to go/what to see, and we can make this thread about holiday recommendations for all us Juventards.

Fire away!

Disclaimer: This thread may or may not have been done already. I used Search, but nothing came up. Blow me if it has.

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Depends on what you want. If you want peace and quite you should try Kerala in India. I was born there but didn't actually get to experience it until this year when I went for my honeymoon. And since it's India, you get more value for money :p

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
If you want partying, good food, archaelogical sites/wonders check out Beirut or Istanbul (or even both). If you want something laid back, beautiful nature and beaches, check out Oman. Camping, snorkling diving, dolphin watching, good food, etc.. things Oman are famous for.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
If you want partying, good food, archaelogical sites/wonders check out Beirut or Istanbul (or even both). If you want something laid back, beautiful nature and beaches, check out Oman. Camping, snorkling diving, dolphin watching, good food, etc.. things Oman are famous for.
Is Oman known for encouraging tourism?

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
5 weeks? you can do Thailand, Cambodia and Laos/Vietnam easily in that time. Do a week in north thailand and bangkok, get the bus to siem reap, then Phnom Penh, then Saigon, Mui Ne, Hoi An, Hanoi and you can get across to Laos and do tubbing or check out Vientienne and then head back to Bangkok to go home.

If you are in Sydney i saw loads of STA shops offering like $500 return flights to Bangkok, living will cost about $200 a week for relative luxury.

(that is AUS $)

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
5 weeks? you can do Thailand, Cambodia and Laos/Vietnam easily in that time. Do a week in north thailand and bangkok, get the bus to siem reap, then Phnom Penh, then Saigon, Mui Ne, Hoi An, Hanoi and you can get across to Laos and do tubbing or check out Vientienne and then head back to Bangkok to go home.

If you are in Sydney i saw loads of STA shops offering like $500 return flights to Bangkok, living will cost about $200 a week for relative luxury.

(that is AUS $)
Thailand rocks :). It's really good place to go for holiday. To spend new years it's much better. Malaysia it's okay, but thailand is hmmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)