Rebuilding all over again in january? (1 Viewer)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
We need to at least by a proper CB. This way Chiellini can return back to being our superb LB.
And in the summer we need to sell either Almiron or Tiago (or both) and get a proper central midfielder WHO CAN PASS THE BALL PROPERLY. I wouldn't mind Pirlo :D .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Rebuild the whole squad? What?

Simple fucking solution - fire fucking Ranieri.

Who would actually want almiron?
I would. He's five times the player he was last night. But since he never plays and since nobody pays attention to other sides in Serie A, people don't know how good he can be.

May 22, 2007
I would. He's five times the player he was last night. But since he never plays and since nobody pays attention to other sides in Serie A, people don't know how good he can be.
I am with you on keeping our players, I am not sure on our coach yet though. I am undecided. He brings us a great match then a bad one.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I am with you on keeping our players, I am not sure on our coach yet though. I am undecided. He brings us a great match then a bad one.
That, my friend, is inconsistency. That's why I can't sleep before a game night.

May 22, 2007
Yeah, thats what I am worried about. Is this inconsistency happening because he is new and still finding his best formation, and because of injury worries, or not?

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Yeah, thats what I am worried about. Is this inconsistency happening because he is new and still finding his best formation, and because of injury worries, or not?
I think it's an issue of not knowing the type of players he's dealing with well enough to successfully implement a system. Ranieri knows he can't do this, so to cover his ass he fields two defensive midfielders and hopes that the ball can magically reach the forwards.

Smells like catenaccio to me.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Agreed fire Secco, Bring in the guy who the transfer manager of Fiorentina (can't remember his name) and hire the Arsenal scouts.

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #33
    Contrary to others, i actually do think we will make some transfers during the winter break. This is not moggi area anymore. Look our squad. I think Almiron actually might want out himself.

I wouldnt be surprised if we get marchioso during winter break back and loan/sell Almiron. His not starting now and aint gona start later either. His antics in coppa doesnt help either.

---
    And a defender might come.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Aren't we being a little too dramatic? I mean we're 3rd in Serie A, if it wasn't for some dubious ref choices we would have been even higher. We played all the strongest teams and didn't loose. The winter break is coming and we're the only ones who have a chance of not hitting a slump after it. Inter and Roma will most likely loose a points because of CL and we can find our chance there.

Sure, our performances aren't the best but that's to be expected after everything. We gotta keep picking up points and stay in the top 4, bide our time and perhaps we'll see an opening to get higher on the table. We're not serious Scudetto contenders anyway, 3rd place or 2nd would be excellent for us and we're on the right track for it IMO.

We're far from impressive but this squad has just started taking shape, it needs some quality reinforcements and adjustments. We need to build on what we have not start all over again.

And didn't we play Empoli with our second string squad? Come on..

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
    I'm really not convinced that "nothing" with happen. Why would Ranieri declare that they're gonna do something?

Realistically, I think at least some of this could happen in January:

-Criscito loan to Genoa/Palermo/Empoli
    -VDV (or other midfielder) acquired for June
    -Barzagli or Ivanovic signed immediately
    -Mellberg announced for June
    -Zalayeta and Blasi sold to Napoli for some cash and option on Hamsik
    -Huntelaar announced for June

What I doubt we'll see, but would also like:
    -Boumsong to Lyon with some cash for Grosso
    -Almiron sold
    -Olivera sold
    -Marchisio return from loan

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)