Rebuilding all over again in january? (6 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Nothing personal, Stephan, but this thread title is a complete joke, IMO. It sounds like the response of a 6-year old who cries because his favorite team doesn't win 12-0 every match. :rolleyes:

Not the kind of fair-weather fandom and short-attention-span always-fix-by-buying-asap we need. I don't want to be like Inter, even now.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Rebuild the whole squad? What?

Simple fucking solution - fire fucking Ranieri.
what??? for what? not playing Thiago? or because of the standing? we are 3rd place, yeah 8 points away of Inter and five by Roma, what were you expecting?? We played all the big games, and didn't lose any of them, the fixture disadvantage and some bad refereeing calls (thou shit happens) is the reason we are in that position, which I still consider it a great position (above Milan and Fiorentina after the promotion, isn't that something?).

Firing Ranieri for this would be the most insane thing to do, I don't understand this bashing managers for no reason, this tradition is going on for ages in this forum. I understand some people bash Capello for boring football even thou he wins leagues, but bashing Ranieri for the current situation is totally uncalled for. He is playing entertaining (acceptable at least) football with this limited squad, and having good results, what a fan whould ask more than this?? Who cares the performance of the match against Empoli? Fuck Coppa, it doesn't deserve all these attention and the drama..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Nothing personal, Stephan, but this thread title is a complete joke, IMO. It sounds like the response of a 6-year old who cries because his favorite team doesn't win 12-0 every match. :rolleyes:

Not the kind of fair-weather fandom and short-attention-span always-fix-by-buying-asap we need. I don't want to be like Inter, even now.
Ignore the title, this thread is a good idea to discuss what is the best to do in the transfer market in the near future. Thou we have plenty of these threads :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Agreed fire Secco, Bring in the guy who the transfer manager of Fiorentina (can't remember his name) and hire the Arsenal scouts.
Corvino.

what??? for what? not playing Thiago? or because of the standing? we are 3rd place, yeah 8 points away of Inter and five by Roma, what were you expecting?? We played all the big games, and didn't lose any of them, the fixture disadvantage and some bad refereeing calls (thou shit happens) is the reason we are in that position, which I still consider it a great position (above Milan and Fiorentina after the promotion, isn't that something?).

Firing Ranieri for this would be the most insane thing to do, I don't understand this bashing managers for no reason, this tradition is going on for ages in this forum. I understand some people bash Capello for boring football even thou he wins leagues, but bashing Ranieri for the current situation is totally uncalled for. He is playing entertaining (acceptable at least) football with this limited squad, and having good results, what a fan whould ask more than this?? Who cares the performance of the match against Empoli? Fuck Coppa, it doesn't deserve all these attention and the drama..
This isn't the Ranieri I supported in August and have liked throughout his career. This is a different Ranieri. The reason why I liked Ranieri signing on with us is because of how he is known for rotating the squad, giving young and new players a chance, and changing the tactics. That is the Ranieri we have seen at Chelsea, Valencia and Parma. So what is the Ranieri we have seen thus far at Juventus? A Ranieri that never rotates the squad, never gives Tiago nor Almiron a chance, and never changes the tactics.

Haha, Ranieri is playing entertaining football. Now that is a joke if I've ever heard one. Alen will back me up when I say that our gameplay has been just as bad as that when Capello was in charge, looking at the scheme of things. We have lost to Napoli away, Udinese at home, only managed a draw with a befuddled Milan, and were lucky to win a couple other matches. Don't fool yourself, snoop. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Ranieri was never going to be the manager to win us a title. It's obvious that we were probably not going to win the Scudetto straight after promotion, and that is why I originally liked Claudio because he was a good squad builder, giving new players and youngsters a chance and all. But from what I have seen thus far, the way he has apparently ruined Almiron and Tiago, players who were damn good at their respective clubs over the years, is appalling. Throw in the inconsistency of the way we play and our usual ugly tactics, and it's the same story with myself and Capello I'm afraid.

This isn't the Ranieri I was expecting, therefore I'm not pleased.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Corvino.

This isn't the Ranieri I supported in August and have liked throughout his career. This is a different Ranieri. The reason why I liked Ranieri signing on with us is because of how he is known for rotating the squad, giving young and new players a chance, and changing the tactics. That is the Ranieri we have seen at Chelsea, Valencia and Parma. So what is the Ranieri we have seen thus far at Juventus? A Ranieri that never rotates the squad, never gives Tiago nor Almiron a chance, and never changes the tactics.

Haha, Ranieri is playing entertaining football. Now that is a joke if I've ever heard one. Alen will back me up when I say that our gameplay has been just as bad as that when Capello was in charge, looking at the scheme of things. We have lost to Napoli away, Udinese at home, only managed a draw with a befuddled Milan, and were lucky to win a couple other matches. Don't fool yourself, snoop. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Ranieri was never going to be the manager to win us a title. It's obvious that we were probably not going to win the Scudetto straight after promotion, and that is why I originally liked Claudio because he was a good squad builder, giving new players and youngsters a chance and all. But from what I have seen thus far, the way he has apparently ruined Almiron and Tiago, players who were damn good at their respective clubs over the years, is appalling. Throw in the inconsistency of the way we play and our usual ugly tactics, and it's the same story with myself and Capello I'm afraid.

This isn't the Ranieri I was expecting, therefore I'm not pleased.
Cool it, Marcellus. :D

Ranieri is scared of losing so he fields those two defensive midfielders every game in order to avoid conceding. To tinker is to change, which, in the opinion of Ranieri, is to take a risk. In my opinion, it's riskier to take away the creative element of the squad and rely on a couple of breaks in a game like Juventus has done all season long. If those breaks don't come, then you've either tied or lost the game.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Nothing much to do this January. It would be difficult to buy a guy that would be ready to start for us right now.

We should only look for players that will be out of contract this summer and check if Ivanovic wants to play for Juve or just go where the money is.

Next summer we should buy 2-3 top players that will make the difference without selling our best players.

GK: no problem...we even have Mirante if Belardi doesn't cut it for Ranieri
D R: I have no problem with Zebina and Grygera. We can't have Alves anyway.
D C: Boumsong should be sold and if it's really gonna happen, Mellberg will replace him. I just hope his wages are lower. Andrade's situation is very important. If there's any doubt then we should look for a starting CB to play next to Chiellini.
D L: Molinaro would be my backup but if we can't find a decent LB then we should bring back De Ceglie and rotate both of them until one performs better and constantly.
M R: no problem
DM: no problem, Marchisio will replace Zanetti in a couple of years.
M C: One of Tiago or Almiron should leave. My choice would be Almiron. Ranieri loves Lampard.
M L: Neddy ain't getting any younger. Marchionni can play there, Sali, De Ceglie and Palladino also. Still a guy that can make a difference at that position could really help if we have the dough.
AM C: We almost never play with one. Neddy and Camo can do it and there's Giovinco. No need to spend the cash on players like Diego IMO.
ST: Trez is the only guy who can play there. Iaquinta can do it but I prefer having him run all over the place. Huntelaar is my man.
F C: No problem even if Palladino leaves me doubting him sometimes.

Jan 7, 2004
Nothing much to do this January. It would be difficult to buy a guy that would be ready to start for us right now.

We should only look for players that will be out of contract this summer and check if Ivanovic wants to play for Juve or just go where the money is.

Next summer we should buy 2-3 top players that will make the difference without selling our best players.

GK: no problem...we even have Mirante if Belardi doesn't cut it for Ranieri
D R: I have no problem with Zebina and Grygera. We can't have Alves anyway.
D C: Boumsong should be sold and if it's really gonna happen, Mellberg will replace him. I just hope his wages are lower. Andrade's situation is very important. If there's any doubt then we should look for a starting CB to play next to Chiellini.
D L: Molinaro would be my backup but if we can't find a decent LB then we should bring back De Ceglie and rotate both of them until one performs better and constantly.
M R: no problem
DM: no problem, Marchisio will replace Zanetti in a couple of years.
M C: One of Tiago or Almiron should leave. My choice would be Almiron. Ranieri loves Lampard.
M L: Neddy ain't getting any younger. Marchionni can play there, Sali, De Ceglie and Palladino also. Still a guy that can make a difference at that position could really help if we have the dough.
AM C: We almost never play with one. Neddy and Camo can do it and there's Giovinco. No need to spend the cash on players like Diego IMO.
ST: Trez is the only guy who can play there. Iaquinta can do it but I prefer having him run all over the place. Huntelaar is my man.
F C: No problem even if Palladino leaves me doubting him sometimes.
i agree on all accounts here. besides the cb situation the other tricky one is the attacking midfielder one, is giovinco coming back and making a difference? if so then we do not need a replacement for nedved ie

camo - zanetti (marchiso) - nocerino
------------giovinco

if not, then we need a lm that can attack

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
This is why I hope Managment brings back Giovinco in Janaury so we can comprehend how ready Giovinco is to play for us. It is better to understand his level now before we attempt to sign an expensive player in that position.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Actually he can play in Camo's spot too (since both Camo and Machionni are injury prone this season) Nedved is a shadow of his former self sadly and he could collapse (form wise) any moment. So I would rather have Gio.

beasides his not getting that much playing time in Empoli anyways. If he has to sit on a bench, let it be our bench. He can learn fom playing/training next to Neddy and DP. Plus he will get a taste of what it's like to fight for a title.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
True. Sali is Ranieri's choice for that position.

imo Palladino has not convinced me that he will be anything more than a versatile sqaud player though. I hope to proved wrong by him though.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i wanted to do something like this evaluation of the team around this time of the season.

First of all, if you're going to base your evaluation solely on form then two certain veterans will be first ones out of the door based on the games played to games played relatively well. We need to look a bit deeper than that.

back to the players:

-Grygera: impressed me a lot defensively, especially when he first came back from injury. Very intelligent, makes good challenges, good positioning.The injuries didn't help his progress at all. In his ajax days we saw that there is some potential offensively, but we didn't see it yet. But certainly keep him because imo stability in the defense comes first.

-cristicio: lets not forget he is very young and this is his first season in the top flight.Also lets not forget he was thrown in the deep end from the beginning, something that many people here (me included) feared that would hamper his development. He wasn't ready and the huge responsibility was put on his shoulders. I dont agree that we need to loan him out, just leave him in and integrate him slowly into the team starting from point zero.

-Andrade: Injury free he has the potential to up there with the best.So lets hope when he comes back he stays like that.

-Brazzo: We all knew his abilities from before.He is no camo, simply he is a hard working winger. He brings in more balance in the midfield defensively. I am a bit disappointed with his crossing but thats about it. There were a couple of games where he played in the full back position and he played better offensively and defensively better than all our full backs so i dont know why hes still deployed in the midfield.

-nocerino: impressed in many games but in some games he was really disappointing. He still has a lot to learn but thank god he has a really good player next to him that he could learn from. His passing the biggest issue but with time i think he will improve. I'm still not sure whether he should be an automatic starter yet.

-marchionni: I dont understand how he copes criticism, he just got back from a broken foot and played his second game. I must admit i am not his biggest fan but he needs time.

-Tiago:He disappointed in some games but he didn't play much. In some games he was thrown while we were down and he did very well(the complete opposite to Almiron). Central midfielders need consistency in games they play. I would keep him because he has shown something more in a game here and there.

I think we don't need much especially in january. Much depends on the plan for some players we have. For example is chiellini going to played full time in CB? Palladino, midfielder or forward? etc. Then a decision could be made about what we actually need. Right i think its just a leader in defense and long term replacement for neddy, considering that we bring back marchisio and gio in june.

Baegun

Oct 23, 2005
i thought i might chip in ;).

Everytime i've seen sali play fullback i think he's played his best games. It's a pity that he is needed on the more offensive position, because clearly he's got the feet for a right back.

Also i think it's crazy to think about spending millions on a creative midfielder like VdV or Diego, without trying out Giovinco first. That could stack up to an offensive midfield of Camo, Palla and Giovinco. Sounds awesome to me, without spending a dime. To make this happen though, we'd definitely need another attacker, so the money might be needed there.

There's potential in every area of the field. It would be absurd that our board would enter the January market with the plan to rebuild our squad. The winter market is only for reinforcements, you can't scrap the plan you started in summer mid-way through the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)