real madrid (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
League form counts for nothing, like a few ppl on here and unlike most, I didnt want a team of Real 's stature in the second round, Liverpool, Porto and Psv would have done me but not Real or Barcelona.

Any team with Ronaldo, Figo, Raul, Zidane , Carlos and Beckham is not to be sniffed at in the bright lights and in big games and on the bench Owen can score any time because of his movement.

The last time we met them, Dp and Nedved were on top form, it will need a miracle for those 2 guys to get to that level of performance

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I for one feel, that domestic form or rather the lack of it in Real's case, makes them the most dangerous opponent of the lot. If in 2 months they dont show any improvements with regards to their run in for the primera title, i think they'll find the going a lot easier in the matchup against Juve. While we on the other hand will need to strike a balance in our priorities, although its pretty clear that the management, staff and players alike all want the champions league title.

Alex

May 1, 2004
with the transfer window opening before our tie who knows what sort of madrid we will be facing. could well be facing a side reinforced with the likes of robinho and mascherano amongst others...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Ronaldo raring to face Juve Monday 27 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronaldo is already gearing up to face Juventus in the Champions’ League and claims he has more reasons than most to look forward to this clash.

“Taking on the Bianconeri is a very exciting thing for me,” commented the Real Madrid striker. “I still remember our game in 1998 when I was denied a clear-cut penalty.”

That infamous match at the Stadio Delle Alpi was essentially a Scudetto play-off, won 1-0 by Juventus in controversial circumstances. Mark Iuliano clattered into the then-Inter hero and the referee waved play on.

Ronaldo was also in the Real Madrid side that lost the 2003 Champions’ League semi-final 3-1, seeing the Italians through to the Final at Old Trafford. However, his team is struggling so far this season and will face a tough task against Fabio Capello’s men.

“We need to come together and find a solution to our problems,” he told ‘Il Giornale.’ “We have many great players here and are only lacking a bit of organisation, plus some reinforcements in defence. We will get back on track.”

New technical director Arrigo Sacchi has been brought in for that purpose and is said to be evaluating the position of all Real’s players – including sacred cows Ronaldo, David Beckham, Luis Figo, Roberto Carlos and Raul. There were even some outlandish reports of Il Fenomeno being offered to Milan in exchange for Parma’s Alberto Gilardino.

“It’s pure fantasy football,” smiled Ronaldo. “Inter remain in my heart and I am still close to patron Massimo Moratti with real affection. To say I might one day return to the Nerazzurri is a bit far-fetched, but you can never say never in this game.”

Instead, the Brazilian hopes to face his former club on the playing field of Istanbul, where the Champions’ League Final will be held in 2005.

“I await my ex-teammates in the European Cup Final come May. Now that would really be a wonderful party.”

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Real Madrid After Adriano
12/28/2004 1:19:00 PM
According to daily sports newspaper “AS”, the Spanish club are ready to convince the Inter striker to join them.
Real’s President, Florentino Perez, with the help of new Director of Football, Arrigo Sacchi, wants to bring the Brazilian striker to Spain next summer. Adriano would be more than willing to join Ronaldo and form a magnificent attacking duo just like with the Brazilian national team, however the problem will be to convince Massimo Moratti.

Perez is confident that he will be able to convince the Inter patron to sell the player just like he had done some years back when the Nerazzurri sold Ronaldo to Real in the last minute of the transfer market.

Apart from Adriano, Real also want to bring to their court Robinho from Santos and Steven Gerrard from Liverpool.

source: goal.com

o................

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
god real madrid is such an overhyped overrated team!! what i know is a team is made of 11 players on a pitch...thats not what i see in RM its all about indivisuals...thats certainly not good ...if perez continues this way he will drive the club to the ground!!

>>>>Just loving HATING real madrid<<<<<<<<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)