Real Madrid bid 70 mil Euro for Zlatan (2 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

You could say the same with Shevchenko. Look at what he was doing two years ago right now. :(
I dont think you can compare Sheva's role to Dp's at Juve, or Owen's at Liverpool. Sheva never had to carry the team on his shoulders, even though he does. He had way too many people already doing that on the team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Remember we too have done that with Del Piero, and that has held us back. Liverpool let go of Michael Owen at the right time, and see where they are today.
Del Piero held us back coz he consistantly didnt perform:D. Owen was sold at the wrong time, actually, he was already declining in form and Madrid didnt pay much to get him. It just happens that Liverpool has more cash :frown: available not because of sales though.

The way I see this it, Zlatan's value can either increase or decrease (obviously) and seeing that I believe it will increase, I dont see much of a down side in keeping him coz we dont really need 3-4 big siginings anyways.

As for Zlatan bieng overrated; no one says he is worldclass or is the best forward in the world, but I think many in the footballing world saw the potential Zlatan has. Many times I watch Juventus games and I see Zlatan play I am amazed at his abilities and eventhough he still makes many mistakes, it just seems like those are the type of mistakes that is fixable. So I really see a worldclass Zlatan after 1-2 years.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

Del Piero held us back coz he consistantly didnt perform:D. Owen was sold at the wrong time, actually, he was already declining in form and Madrid didnt pay much to get him. It just happens that Liverpool has more cash :frown: available not because of sales though.

The way I see this it, Zlatan's value can either increase or decrease (obviously) and seeing that I believe it will increase, I dont see much of a down side in keeping him coz we dont really need 3-4 big siginings anyways.

As for Zlatan bieng overrated; no one says he is worldclass or is the best forward in the world, but I think many in the footballing world saw the potential Zlatan has. Many times I watch Juventus games and I see Zlatan play I am amazed at his abilities and eventhough he still makes many mistakes, it just seems like those are the type of mistakes that is fixable. So I really see a worldclass Zlatan after 1-2 years.
vOnAm, you're missing the point. When i say Dp has held us back, yes its because of the lack of his ability to perform and stand up and be counted when it mattered most, but we continued to be emotionally attached and held on to him hoping, he'd recover past glory, which never happened. And that consistently limited us with options up front, while the entire Juve team was dependent on him to perform and take them further. Michael Owen was never the player he was deemed to be, and when i say right time, i meant Liverpool sold him without that emotional connect, and let go of him, at the first decent opportunity that presented itself. Which then allowed them to rethink their game plan, and take them out of the style of play they were getting comfortable with, and let each player take on that added responsibility, now that one of their symbolic players was no longer part of the team, and ever since, i think it has had a positive effect on them.

As for Zlatan, i personally dont think he's overrated, if anything I think he's underrated. But as a team and a club, you have to see the practical rather than the emotional. I dont think we'll get a better offer than this even if Zlatan learns to fly, and i think its a good enough opportunity to sell him and solve our problems when we're on top, and at minimum risk. I cant help but look to the futures of Canna, Nedved, Dp, Thuram and maybe even Emerson, just some of the important players who dont really have too much time on their side. So when i say minimum risk, it means that sacrificing Zlatan is not going to come back and hit us hard, because we dont depend on him entirely, he's not even a symbol yet, and this could help the team evolve a lot quicker than one would otherwise expect.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Look guys! Zlatan is/will be the best signing since zidane. we're are slowly building our team around him. YES I too admit its tempting to sell for say minimum £60m my opinion, But we aint gonna find another zlatan for a long time. we sold zizou due to his nagging spanish wife, plus he was getting on a bit & £50m was too good to turn down. Good business for both parties i'd say. Zlatan IS our future!!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Just think about it this way.Any player in the world right now fetching a fee only a couple of million short of Zidane's price is overrated.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Like juve say every player has a price! Zlatan is untransferable for now anyway. our team & play is gonna be based around the swede without a doubt but i will get well annoyed if we cashed in on Ibra. Maybe not so when he comes to say zidanes age when we sold him. He will turn into a kinda bergkamp at Arsenal when hes 30+ No place but vision etc.

Zlatan will become a legend with the old lady.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

vOnAm, you're missing the point. When i say Dp has held us back, yes its because of the lack of his ability to perform and stand up and be counted when it mattered most, but we continued to be emotionally attached and held on to him hoping, he'd recover past glory, which never happened. And that consistently limited us with options up front, while the entire Juve team was dependent on him to perform and take them further. Michael Owen was never the player he was deemed to be, and when i say right time, i meant Liverpool sold him without that emotional connect, and let go of him, at the first decent opportunity that presented itself. Which then allowed them to rethink their game plan, and take them out of the style of play they were getting comfortable with, and let each player take on that added responsibility, now that one of their symbolic players was no longer part of the team, and ever since, i think it has had a positive effect on them.
Oh thats what u meant by the right time, I was thinking more of the making the most profit for a player.
well I guess Liverpool did do the thing we didnt do.
Zlatan will have a price, i think that its not wise to let him go yet but I dont see him as eternally Juve's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)