Real After Roma’s De Rossi And Mancini (2 Viewers)

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #21
    A little history lesson for you..

AS Roma vs Lazio
    In 1977, smaller groups of Roma fans assembled in what became known as CUCS (Commando Ultra Curva Sud.) By the 1999/2000 season, CUCS segmented and evolved into Roma Ultras. Lazio's organized supporters, Commandos Monteverde Lazio came about in 1971. By 1987 they united with another group, from which emerged the Irriducibili. Since 1992, the Irriducibili have been the most prominent Lazio supporter group. Generally, Roma Ultras represent the left wing middle class from the center of the city. In contrast, the Irriducibili are rich, right wing suburban residents.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    :LOL: So you continue in this path!? :rofl: Your ultras aren't any better than Lazio's, BOTH ARE VERY RACISTIC GROUPS... More will follow, got to go now...

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by Sid ] ++

lazio got liverani...dont think he's a racist too..
    In the last years Lazio fans have been the focus of criticism by the media for incidents involving racist banners and chanting; on november 2004, UEFA punished Lazio's hard-supporters behavior, cited of racist abuse during a match, with one day of stadium ban. In 2001, Fabio Liverani (Lazio player) has been criticized by Lazio's hard-supporters, both because of his black color, and because of pictures went around the web showing him celebrating Roma's 2001 title with other supporters of his childhood team. In mid '90 Lazio hard-supporters criticized Aaron Winter because of his religious beliefs (jewish).

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #25
    'The irriducibili are aware they're under the spotlight. Two years ago a flag was raised on the curva in honour of Arkan, the Serbian general accused of war crimes. Last year banners celebrated Auschwitz, the Nazi concentration camp, and insulted Roma's black players. Lazio fans already had a bad image, and this was one step too far for the authorities, who shut the ground as punishment.'

'I had met Fabrizio Toffo, the head of the irriducibili the day before outside LazioPoint, the group's headquarters. It was shut two weeks ago after three Moroccan immigrants were beaten up outside - an attack blamed on Lazio fans. But Fabrizio told me we were wrong to think that Lazio fans were influenced by politics. '

Taken from this article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_radio/world_football/2400135.stm

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #26
    The ugly face of Italian football
    By Ivan Speck

Sven Goran Eriksson is one of world football's diplomats. Polite to the opposition, never critical of his own players and loathe to start rows.

Eriksson: Shocked FA
    (GraziaNeri/Allsport)
    So, when a man as mild-mannered as him rounds on the racist boors who wear the Lazio colours and admits he is ashamed to be associated with them, you know that something must have got under his skin.

Skin, or the colour of it, was the problem. It was the neo-fascist element among Lazio supporters with their mindless heckling of black players who made the silver-haired, bespectacled Swede crack.

When they unfurled a banner in homage to the former neo-Nazi Serbian commander Arkan, Eriksson proposed a solution every bit as radical as the catholic Maurice Johnston crossing Glasgow's sectarian divide to play for Rangers in the 1980s.

'It could be right for Lazio to buy a black player because it would be more difficult for these supporters to boo one of their own,' said Eriksson. 'As long as he is a good player and worth his place at the club, of course.

'I have to say this because I'm against every kind of racist discrimination. It has no place for me and it has no place at this club.'

If Eriksson had ever cast a covetous glance towards Patrick Vieira, the disgraceful treatment of the Arsenal midfielder in Tuesday's Champions League match at the Stadio Olimpico will have killed any hope of the Frenchman considering Rome as his next stoppingoff point after North London.

Lazio have had black players before - notably, Holland international Aron Winter - yet the hard core among the club's support has always suffered rather than welcomed their presence in the light blue shirt.

Also consider, for example, last month's events at Roma - their cross-city rivals. When their team was knocked out of the Italian Cup by Atalanta, a group of incensed fans stormed into the club's training ground, vandalising players' cars. They even hurled vile racist abuse at Roma's four Brazilian players - Cafu, Assuncao, Aldair and Emerson.

Lazio has unwanted links with the extreme right faction of the Alleanze Nazionale - the former fascist-turned-conservative party which commands around 35 per cent of the vote in Rome elections.

That number may be relatively small, around 4,000, but it is racist, extremely violent and it has a ready-made audience in the Stadio Olimpico, with photographers and television cameras able to capture its message and spread it around Italy.

At last season's Rome derby, the notorious supporters group - the Irriducibili Ultras - unfurled a 50-metre banner around Lazio's Curva Nord section of the stadium. It read: 'Auschwitz is your town, the ovens are your houses.'

If the public outcry stopped short of direct city or governmental action, the tribute to the assassinated Arkan in February this year provoked a response.

'In honour of Arkan the Tiger, one of us,' it screamed to the watching world about a man who had conscripted many of Red Star Belgrade's most subversive fans and led them in committing atrocities in the Balkan conflict.

The wrath of the Italian Government came down on Lazio, who were ordered to confiscate offensive banners at the entrance to future matches and the club issued statements decrying the behaviour of the few.

Sinisa Mihajlovic, the Serb accused by Patrick Vieira of racist abuse yesterday, has unveiled anti-Nato T-shirts and dedicated goals and victories to Arkan, whom he had unashamedly described as a friend in the past.

Yesterday the Yugoslavia international sought to distance himself from the row. He said: 'I'm not apologising, I have no regrets and I certainly don't consider myself a racist. I wasn't offending black people, I was offending Vieira. If I am a racist then so is he.

'He called me a gypsy, but I don't care what he says. Being called a gypsy is not an insult. I know I'm a gypsy and I'm proud of it.

'I don't care if people twist my words. I have the balls to come out and admit to what I did and to explain myself. It would have been much easier to just deny everything.'

Such talk will no doubt appeal to the Irriducibili Ultras. Their Arkan banner appalled Mihajlovic's Croat former teammate at Lazio, Alen Boksic. The player, now with Middlesbrough, said: 'If I'd been playing, I would have taken off my shirt and left the pitch in protest.'

Lazio president Sergio Cragnotti was anxious yesterday to deflect the racist slurs being heaped upon his club. He issued a statement which read: 'I don't want this kind of fan at our club. We will do everything possible to get rid of them and keep them away from the stadium. It's a big problem for the international image of Lazio.

'To build a football team, professionals are needed...people who can make important contributions independently of the colour of their skin. If the coach needs someone he calls him on technical ability, not on grounds of colour.'

Cragnotti's aim was clear. His club is already threatened with possible UEFA censure over the missiles which rained down from the stands upon the Arsenal team as they left the pitch following Tuesday's 1-1 draw and the fracas at the end of the match which was witnessed at close quarters by referee Hellmut Krug.

Now the image of his nouveau-riche gatecrashers to the European top table has been so tarnished that it will follow the club throughout Europe, perhaps even back to these shores, to Leeds or Manchester, in the later stages of this season's Champions League.

In the aftermath of the Arkan banner, Feyenoord coach Leo Beenhaaker threatened to order his team from the pitch if any of his black players were subjected to racial abuse. 'It would be right for the referee to stop the game in such circumstances and for my players to come off,' he said.

Eriksson's position, in spite of last season's Serie A triumph, isn't strong enough at Lazio to be able to issue a similar threat on behalf of visiting teams. Signing a black player might hurt Lazio's racists more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put in bold the part I am ashamed of, but it is in no way near the same as Lazio...a group of what 20 fans at most, agains the entire Curva Nord???

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #27
    Racist taunts overshadow Lazio's draw with Partizan
    Thu 25 Nov, 10:38 PM

ROME (AFP) - Racist taunting aimed at Partizan Belgrade's black players overshadowed the Serbian side's 2-2 UEFA Cup draw against Lazio.

Cameroon striker Pierre Boya, who scored twice in a bad-tempered Group E clash, came in for the worst treatment from a large section of Lazio's supporters at the Olympic stadium with almost every one of his touches in the first half greeted with monkey-like grunting.

This latest episode of racial abuse come a week after Spanish fans taunted England's black players at a friendly international in Madrid.

Anyone want me to continue? I am sure I could bring up more evidence of Lazio's racism...I mean the mere fact that Mussolini was a fan says it all!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    You're missing the point and wasting your arguments. We all know that Lazio has racist fans, you should focus on proving that Roma doesnt rather than that Lazio does.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #30
    How can I prove that? Except say that racist banners/chants arent seen or heard in the Curva Sud!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I dont know, and to be frank I dont care, I'm just saying that you're missing the point. This discussion wasnt about Lazio, no need to prove they're racists.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I dont know, and to be frank I dont care, I'm just saying that you're missing the point. This discussion wasnt about Lazio, no need to prove they're racists.
    Don't be so quick to generalize.

Stop avoiding the arguement Nicole and answer Zlatan.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    Actually, the discussion WAS about Lazio & Racism...so I am right!
    ++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

How moronic of you. Actually roma is known as much more racistic club than Real Madrid. And if Perez can show the money to sensi, then they're both out, that's for sure.
    This is how it started, it was you who tried to redirect it to lzio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)