Re: Who would you want as Juve's new coach? (5 Viewers)

The new coach?

• Lippi

• Mourinho

• Wenger

• Prandelli

• Corradini

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
its all some of us have kid :D
Well in terms of Juventus it's all we have in the past decade. There's no doubt about it. But Mourinho could potentially be a better manager than Lippi and he could provide us with the managerial skills to take a talented young team to the top of Europe. Lippi will only be a stop-gap measure anyway.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
but honestly wat are our chances landing mourinho?? 4 real man
But that's not the question within this thread. The question is who would you like as manager of Juventus disregarding probability theory. If we're discussing who would you like out of the most probable successors to Deschamps, Jose wouldn't be in the list.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i told u a while back that i understood all about how you said we need to move on and usher in a new era at juve but at this point its kinda better to be safe than sorry. IMO players will come to juve if lippi returns, we will get better acceptance if he is at the helm, and we will be able to progress faster than we would with corradini or prandelli, etc..

thats just my take, i would rather get a proven winner, a world champ and a mastermind who is loved by the juventini nation.

ya feel me?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
us getting back on top immediately is nearly impossible kinda like those toyota tundra ads and the things they demonstrate.

i'm not expecting us to be #1 with a cl bid and what not but i gots to be lippi-licious to expect something ;)

i'll holla at you in a bit on msn andy, holla at me dude

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
i told u a while back that i understood all about how you said we need to move on and usher in a new era at juve but at this point its kinda better to be safe than sorry. IMO players will come to juve if lippi returns, we will get better acceptance if he is at the helm, and we will be able to progress faster than we would with corradini or prandelli, etc..

thats just my take, i would rather get a proven winner, a world champ and a mastermind who is loved by the juventini nation.

ya feel me?
I understand that as well, but I just question how long Lippi will want to stay onboard for. If it's anything less than three years, I don't want to have to play a new hand of managers after we have potentially won nothing.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Lippi isn't that old for not coaching the team for three seasons or more, a thing which can guarantee a stability in the squad. This isn't my first time to say it, but when comparing Lippi to either Ferguson or Capello, we'll realise that he is capable of doing his job perfectly for not less than 5 more seasons to come.

Ferguson is 65, Capello is 61 and Lippi is 59. I know that Mourinho is much younger than all of them, but stability means at least three successive years on a team's bench, in my opinion. And yes Mourinho is simply a good option, but not the best one to guarantee us a stable era. Maybe we can argue about who is more motivated. Lippi already won the world cup and he did everything with Juventus during his two spells in Turin. But, Mourinho is a young talented tactician who is enthusiastic to win and prove himself more.

I can't deny that I wish I'll see the latter on Juve's bench someday. Yet, I still have all faith in Marcello Lippi.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Italy newspapers say that Ranieri is likely now. Ferrara and Conte don't like to be ferrymen and Lippi won't say a date for when he will coach. So we might go for Ranieri instead...

:sigh: Another coach, who won't last longer than one season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)