• Torosidis (Olympiakos)

• Fucile (Porto)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
I don't think he was only lacking in the defensive end he just perfomed badly as a whole. I didn't see him playing for Italy but wasn't he used as a rb there.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This fascination with Lichtsteiner after only seeing him in about 12 games in Serie A is a little worrisome. Not saying he's a bad player or anything, but I can't say I would chose him at this point in time.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:tup:

He is better as a CB but I've seen him play as a RB and he's good.He's possible target IMO.

Mourinho wants him in Inter by the way.
I don't know how keen Chelsea will be to do business with Inter.

I don't suppose Kenyon will have been hugely impressed with how they chased Lampard or the meeting between Drogba and an Inter Director a couple of weeks ago.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don't know how keen Chelsea will be to do business with Inter.

I don't suppose Kenyon will have been hugely impressed with how they chased Lampard or the meeting between Drogba and an Inter Director a couple of weeks ago.
Yeah.

But I am not sure if they want to sell Bane or they just want to loan him out.

He's great in defense and decent in attack and can cover DC spot any time.I wouldn't mind paying those 12mln euros they wanted for him before.He didn't play much since he signed for Chealse so I guess his price is even lower now.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah.

But I am not sure if they want to sell Bane or they just want to loan him out.

He's great in defense and decent in attack and can cover DC spot any time.I wouldn't mind paying those 12mln euros they wanted for him before.He didn't play much since he signed for Chealse so I guess his price is even lower now.
He'd definitely be worth 12m.

Just tough to convince Chelsea to sell and him to come to us over other teams...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
We are not a mid-table team though.

We can offer him much more than others can and that's full play time.
We can (probably) offer him CL football, but we can't offer him more money than a lot of English teams.

The other problem is that Alex seems to be the one that is fed up at a lack of playing time and has supposedly requested a transfer.

If he forces his way out, it will make it harder to convince Chelsea to sell Ivanovic.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #34
    Ancelotti LOVES Alex but he's not old enough for meeeelan.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    We can offer him much more than others can and that's full play time.
    he already chose money before playing time, when he went to chelsea ...

what makes you think that did change ? will he lower his wage demands ? surely not...

i do not know what he earns, but just expect him to be earning more with chelsea than we would offer him

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    he already chose money before playing time, when he went to chelsea ...

what makes you think that did change ? will he lower his wage demands ? surely not...

i do not know what he earns, but just expect him to be earning more with chelsea than we would offer him
    Yes but he didn't play at all last year and I doubt he'd do the same mistake now.

IF Chelsea is going to sell him I doubt teams are going to offer him anything higher comparing to what he currently gets.Anyway,I think he's worth it.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    This fascination with Lichtsteiner after only seeing him in about 12 games in Serie A is a little worrisome. Not saying he's a bad player or anything, but I can't say I would chose him at this point in time.
    My opinion on him is after watching him for two years with Lille as well. A few members on here, the ones that used to read the Ligue thread can vouch that i said he was the best rightback in the Ligue before he came to Lazio.

Sidindi

Jan 18, 2008
    I am sure I'll get crucified for saying this, but do you guys really think we need another RB (even if they can cover CB)? I mean that's one of our deepest positions, and nobody who plays it is really bad at defense. In fact if anything, under ideal conditions, they should not have to play much offense as we have Camo there for that. I am just saying. You can always upgrade, but our RB position is pretty good. All they have to do is to play in better form, because all of them have talent for defending - which was the primary concern going into the season.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)