OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #41
    ++ [ originally posted by sutnop ] ++
    7.Ervedise
    Weakness : Erik most have done wonders with his propaganda for the Dutch league in this forum. Since a lot of people rate it above the Portugese.
    Hahaha nice one :D

Actually if I were to rank the leagues it would look exactly like your rankings. We had a stronger league than Portugal around '95 but in the late nineties and the first couple of years of this century, the powerhouses Fortuna Sittard, MVV Maastricht, Vitesse Arnhem and SC Heerenveen all crumbled to pieces and no replacements have stood up so far, making the sub-top (to give traditional UEFAcup teams a name) extremely weak compared to the top three.

Its a pity and I hope it'll change again for the better soon but as it stands, the Dutch football empire is in vast decay. :(

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I placed the Dutch league above Portugal's because there's no Koreans playing in Portugal :D

I would've voted it above the Bundesliga too, but I wanted to piss Erik off :)

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #43
    I would have mocked you had you done that. You don't seriously think a nation of 80 million people with much more money would have a football league weaker than that of a poorer nation with only 16 million people, do you?

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
    Nice to see that you agree Erik
    :)

But a lot of people are overwhelmed by AJax strength when they lack a lot of experience to do really well.... Plus they are destined to loose key players every time they manage to reach the second Round of the CL....

PSV is the BEst Dutch Team in Europe this Season a QF in UEFA cup....

I think Teams like Noord and PSV need to make sure they don't loose their experienced players to clubs like
    Rangers, Celtic, Fenerbache, AEK etc....

when they can do that the Dutch League will be strong again
    I am still astonished that the Bundesliga doesn't fight harder when it comes to Noord and PSV transfers targets in the lower clubs in the Ervedise....

I mean players like Kuijt, Lurling and Vengoor of Heeslink could easily be making the doubble had they chosen let say
    Shalke, Kaiserslautern or Dortmund....

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    You haven't managed to do that in a while though. Loosing your touch? ;)
    Maybe I'm just preparing something big

Be careful, Pleat. I know where you live :devil:

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
    oppps I guess this is turning into a dutch league thread again a bit off topic....
    :embarass:

back to topic I think Russia will be a big climber ones they get
    A)their Demography sorted out....
    B) The Wellfare of the country improves
    C) THey get control on their region

Right now Russia has almost a monopoly when it comes to finding players in the Caucasian/Central Asian Market and they are rapidly growing in Central Europe as well.
    Their biggest Competitor is Ukraine with Shaktar and Dynamo who also bring in a lot of talent from anything from Georgia/Uzbekistan to Polan/Romania.
    When 5 Russian clubs can permantley pass Dynamo Kiev and Shaktar Donetsk in the wage department. I think they will be controlling everything from the Baltic down the Balkans when it comes to Eastern Europe and Also Central Asia and Caucasia.

Right Now There are still two leagues in that department latest proof was when "Latvian Striker Ace" Maris Verpakovskis signed for Dynamo.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #50
    Really? Verpakovskis went to Dynamo? Wow. Recently I was also quite surprised to find out keeper Edwin Zoetebier (Feyenoord) is going to Torpedo Moskva (Moscow) this summer. I know virtually nothing about Russian football but if they're even looking to the West for their players now than something is going well over there..!

++ [ originally posted by sutnop ] ++
    Nice to see that you agree Erik
    :)

But a lot of people are overwhelmed by AJax strength when they lack a lot of experience to do really well.... Plus they are destined to loose key players every time they manage to reach the second Round of the CL....

PSV is the BEst Dutch Team in Europe this Season a QF in UEFA cup....

I think Teams like Noord and PSV need to make sure they don't loose their experienced players to clubs like
    Rangers, Celtic, Fenerbache, AEK etc....

when they can do that the Dutch League will be strong again
    I am still astonished that the Bundesliga doesn't fight harder when it comes to Noord and PSV transfers targets in the lower clubs in the Ervedise....

I mean players like Kuijt, Lurling and Vengoor of Heeslink could easily be making the doubble had they chosen let say
    Shalke, Kaiserslautern or Dortmund....
    I couldn't agree more though I'm not entirely sure Lurling and some others would make it in Germany. After all, competition is stronger over there. You can't match FC Groningen with Hertha Berlin SC. But you're right, we need more experience to guide the youth in these lands.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Sorry for being late for the party...

1. Italy - La Serie A
    -The merits of Milan this year alone, then you add every team finishing in UEFA contention. What's still left? Teams like Samp, Udinese, etc. that are capable of beating most of the teams in any other of the leagues listed here.

2. England - The Premier League
    -Arsenal and even Chelsea, of course. But Man U is still no slouch, Newcastle has done well, etc.

3. Spain - La Primera División
    -I think it's been an unusually weak year for the SuperLiga, and it's not just Real Madrid's collapse. Valencia still won the UEFA Cup. But after Real Madrid, anything outside of the top 4 starts to drop in quality rapidly.

4. France - Le Championnat
    -Impressive in UEFA competitions this year and some real development.

5. Germany - Die Bundesliga
    -It's been an unusually weak year, but they still get the nod over the Netherlands because of team depth.

6. Netherlands - De Eredivisie

7. Portugal - A Superliga
    -If only they were more than Porto and an occasional Benefica or Sporting Lisbon.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    sutnop they have more youth talent(thats well known anyways), they have well known and supported teams, the dutch players are famous, dutch football is famous, the ajax youth system,

i can name a number of reasons. plus theyre entertaining :D

Geof

May 14, 2004
    1. Serie A
    2. La Liga
    3. EPL
    4. France
    5.Bundesliga
    6.Superliga
    7.Eredivisie
    8. Belgian First Division :cool: (Anderlecht, Club Brugge who won 0-1 in Milan (!!!!!!), Standard, Genk)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    if we're only talking about this season ,then it would be

1)EPL.
    2)Ligue 1
    3)Serie A
    4)La liga
    If we're talking about this season only, wouldn't it be

1) Portugal
    2) France
    3) Spain
    4) England
    5) Italy

?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)