Ranieri or someone else ; Part XXVII (8 Viewers)

New coach

• Vialli

• Spalletti

• Prandelli

• Mancini

• Grant

• Rijkaard

• Conte

• Gasperini

• Malesani

• Someone else. Who?

• Keep the one we have

• Andrew Beck (manager) and Michael Burke (assistant manager)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I would vote Conte for that, i think he is the greatest threat atm.
But i am surprised to see that this forum rates him as high, as Prandelli .
Conte has twice the number of votes coaches like Spalletti and Benitez (Someone else) have...

ClassiCo14

Mar 9, 2007
Juventus need a Coach who knows the club inside and out...

Conte
Ferrara
Gasperini
Prandelli

Its a tough one because if Fiorentina make it to the 4th spot then they can play CL n i really dont see prandelli leaving but, also means if Genoa make it to the 5th sport they can play UEFA and then i really don't see Gasperini leaving..

that only leaves Conte and Ferrara....

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Bari are back in Serie A but, as Dave Taylor suggests, Antonio Conte doesn’t deserve all the credit

As the Cockerels crow at the dawn of a Serie A day, let us not go overboard in praising Coach Antonio Conte for leading them back into the top Division. It seems, if you believe the hype, that after 18 months with Bari the former Juve midfielder is now ready to take on the Coach’s role with La Vecchia Signora.

Apparently all and sundry in Turin see him as the perfect replacement for Claudio Ranieri and of course, if the truth be known, that compliment is not without some foundation.

However, what also needs to be known is that his achievement with the Apulians was far from a solo effort and involved a massive joint operation, with all levels of the club contributing to their success.

From owner Vincenzo Matarrese, the excellent and experienced sporting director Giorgio Perinetti through to the whole revitalised technical staff, it was their hard work that allowed Conte to concentrate solely on coaching.

The club always backed him no matter what, even in the more delicate moments and their decision to strengthen the team bit by bit saw the competition for first team places becoming much fiercer than in previous years.

What also probably helped was the fact that those same players started the campaign without too much expectation, something which enabled them to work without any real pressure. The most fans had expected was perhaps a play-off place.

Yet the directors were quietly much more optimistic and they were eventually proven right, as the Cockerels clawed their way back into the top flight a whole four weeks before the end of the season.

With a ruthless will to win plus some good offensive play, a united squad on and off the pitch helped lift the whole ambience of the club, as the Bari fans rediscovered their love for football and their team.

In the city centre some 200,000 of them celebrated their promotion and chanted Conte’s name all night. If he is a wise man he will listen to them and stay with the southern club a while longer before allowing his friends in the north to turn his head before his time.

channel4.com

Dec 31, 2008
Well if Lippi is calling it a day after WC then that means we're not gonna wait for 1 more season with ranieri at helm. There will be a change after this season..:weee:

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Gian Piero Gasperini’s future at Genoa is in the balance after his public demands for a competitive squad were quashed.

The Rossoblu have been the undoubted over-achievers of Serie A this season, as they are still within reach of a Champions League spot.

During the week the President had many kind words for me and I thank him, but first I want to talk things over directly with him,” warned Gasperini.

I want to stay, but I also demand clarity on some situations. I want to start the next season in the right way, but we have to be clear between us and with the fans.

I maintain there are right now at least eight clubs with a greater potential than Genoa. This year we have done very well, but that doesn’t mean we are the best. Next year we start from scratch.”

Gasperini’s concern is that President Enrico Preziosi confirmed this week that star players Diego Milito and Thiago Motta will be sold to the highest bidder.

This will undoubtedly weaken the squad and cause problems if the fans think they can continue to push for such prestigious targets.

“I want to talk it over with Preziosi, then we’ll see. I want to stay, but clarity is a fundamental aspect of any working relationship and on some points that clarity has not been provided.

We need to work through certain economic and technical issues when it comes to planning next season’s squad. Before we can lay the foundations, we must have a united idea of what we are looking for, otherwise we risk creating unjustified irritation.”

Gasperini fears Genoa will become a ‘selling’ club that cannot possibly match this season’s achievements.

channel4.com

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I want to stay, but I also demand clarity on some situations. I want to start the next season in the right way, but we have to be clear between us and with the fans.

I maintain there are right now at least eight clubs with a greater potential than Genoa. This year we have done very well, but that doesn’t mean we are the best. Next year we start from scratch.”
One more reason why i like this guy to be our next coach. He's not afraid to say what he thinks is right. Unlike a certain guy who would say whatever our board want to hear just to keep them happy and to stay longer in the club.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Gian Piero Gasperini’s future at Genoa is in the balance after his public demands for a competitive squad were quashed.

The Rossoblu have been the undoubted over-achievers of Serie A this season, as they are still within reach of a Champions League spot.

During the week the President had many kind words for me and I thank him, but first I want to talk things over directly with him,” warned Gasperini.

Gasperini’s concern is that President Enrico Preziosi confirmed this week that star players Diego Milito and Thiago Motta will be sold to the highest bidder.

This will undoubtedly weaken the squad and cause problems if the fans think they can continue to push for such prestigious targets.

“I want to talk it over with Preziosi, then we’ll see. I want to stay, but clarity is a fundamental aspect of any working relationship and on some points that clarity has not been provided.

We need to work through certain economic and technical issues when it comes to planning next season’s squad. Before we can lay the foundations, we must have a united idea of what we are looking for, otherwise we risk creating unjustified irritation.”

Gasperini fears Genoa will become a ‘selling’ club that cannot possibly match this season’s achievements.

channel4.com

:lol: :lol: and here we go

'need clarity'
'I could never refuse Juventus'
'It would be a dream come true'
'I think I'm ready'

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Euro-Gasp makes Genoa pledge Sunday 17 May, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genoa have qualified for the Europa League and Gian Piero Gasperini celebrated by pledging to stay for another year.

The Coach has been heavily linked with the jobs at Juventus, Milan and Roma, but announced he would continue on the Rossoblu bench.

I will stay at Genoa next season. We will try to create a competitive squad, albeit realising that this year's results will be difficult to improve upon,” said Gasp.

The 2-2 draw with Chievo today means they will be playing in Europe next term, but have all but lost sight of the Champions League.

“It is immensely satisfying, because this is only the second time since the war that Genoa have qualified for a European competition.

“The fans have been fantastic and it's only right they celebrate now. There are a few regrets over today's game, as it seemed to be cursed with the number of chances we had.

“At the moment, seeing as we have so many injuries, we should just be happy with qualifying for Europe and not have too many regrets about the Champions League.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)