Ramadan Kareem!! (3 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
Is it just me? Everytime Ramadhan I keep on having really, really good dreams nearly all the time. No joking. It happens EVERY RAMADHAN. Anyway, seems like this ramadhan's dream theme for me is FOOD. I have had 3 straight dreams:

1. Eating fettuccinne with Zlatan at a nearby Italian restaurant
2. Running away from my house eating my mom's chocolate cake
3. Dining with my brother and his gf who happens to be Samantha Mumba eating local food, Roti Canai.

It's so weird. :undecide:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++

"Syawal" is a standard Muslim calendar name, so it's not only in "Malaysia" if I'm not mistaken.

Of course, internationally it's Eidul Fitr, no?
Yes,

Eid Al-Fitr is the name of the holiday that's on the first three days of the 10th month of the Hijri Calendar (the 10th month is called: Shawwal) :)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
Is it just me? Everytime Ramadhan I keep on having really, really good dreams nearly all the time. No joking. It happens EVERY RAMADHAN. Anyway, seems like this ramadhan's dream theme for me is FOOD. I have had 3 straight dreams:

1. Eating fettuccinne with Zlatan at a nearby Italian restaurant
2. Running away from my house eating my mom's chocolate cake
3. Dining with my brother and his gf who happens to be Samantha Mumba eating local food, Roti Canai.

It's so weird. :undecide:

Sally? You changed your nick name? :)
Good dreams btw :D
I wish I had a dream eating with Ibra ;) :D

How's Ramadhan in Malaysia btw? :)
In here, it's quite hot and we have for about 14 hours a day of fasting. :)

Aug 1, 2003
I love fasting in Malaysia, they will have all kinds of food bazaars and wherever you turn it's all food to celebrate breaking the fast, and every night it's great to see cars going to the mosque to perform the prayers.

In Msia it's quite similar - 13 hours of fasting I think. How's the fasting month going down there in Indonesia? :)

Sigh, I wish I could fast in either Makkah or Medina though, they say you really get the 'spiritual' feeling there.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
Yea, fast in Makkah...what an extraordinary feeling. :touched:
Every muslim would like to get the "spiritual" feeling like that.

In Indonesia, we had food bazaar too. You can choose all kind of food there. We have "Kolak" a special drink of Ramadhan made by coconut oil, banana and red sugar. :lick:
Some nutrition experts said that we should breaking the fast started with some sweet drinks to avoid dehidration...and "kolak" could be an option for breaking the fast :)

Mosque is the best place to have a "spiritual" feeling in Ramadhan. Where a lot of activities going there like "Tadarus" (read Qur'an 30 juz), Sholat Tarawekh and some ppl stays in the mosque at night to pray in 10 days before Ramadhan's ended, to get "Lailatul Qodr" :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
:touched:

I don't like generalizing, but I still have to say that the people of Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philipines..etc. amaze me! The way your ancestors accepted Islam centuries ago and the fact that its message is still so pure in many of you.

I hope that you get the chance to go to Makkah... but I'd also like to go one of your countries some day. I hear nothing but praise from all the people I know who've gone there. Mash2 allah.

OP
Asma

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #331
    i wanna go to Makkha..mum says u get the most fascintating feeling when u r in Al-Haram alshareef :)

Aug 1, 2003
    True that bout breaking the fast with something sweet Feb. My family members, and generally here in msia we follow the Rasulullah's footsteps where he usually breaks his fast with dates (arabic fruit? or is it just in makkah or medina?).

I go for tadarus every Ramadhan at a nearby mosque. However can't make it for this month though since I will be schooling during the fasting month. But as to celebrate Ramadhan, my school lets us out early at 12.30 pm rather than the usual 1.30 pm :extatic:

Majed, how's fasting in the US or Arab? I'm curious

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    True that bout breaking the fast with something sweet Feb. My family members, and generally here in msia we follow the Rasulullah's footsteps where he usually breaks his fast with dates (arabic fruit? or is it just in makkah or medina?).

I go for tadarus every Ramadhan at a nearby mosque. However can't make it for this month though since I will be schooling during the fasting month. But as to celebrate Ramadhan, my school lets us out early at 12.30 pm rather than the usual 1.30 pm :extatic:
    Yeah, We break our fast with dates and water too back in KSA, then pray maghrib, then start the main meal :drool:

Majed, how's fasting in the US or Arab? I'm curious
    In the USA, hmm... It doesn't feel like Ramadhan a lot, but when I'm around Muslims durring iftar, it's ok. Some days I have class durring Iftar time, so I just have to bring a bottle of water with me to class. So it's no way like in KSA because you feel like it's Ramadhan there wherever you go... everyone's fasting.. but mostly because my family aren't around me.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    Dates, yea..breaking the fast with dates is one of sunnah rasulullah.
    There are so many ppl sell this fruit here, so now it's easy to find it during ramadhan. Alhamdulillah.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
    Yea, fast in Makkah...what an extraordinary feeling. :touched:
    Every muslim would like to get the "spiritual" feeling like that.

In Indonesia, we had food bazaar too. You can choose all kind of food there. We have "Kolak" a special drink of Ramadhan made by coconut oil, banana and red sugar. :lick:
    Some nutrition experts said that we should breaking the fast started with some sweet drinks to avoid dehidration...and "kolak" could be an option for breaking the fast :)

Mosque is the best place to have a "spiritual" feeling in Ramadhan. Where a lot of activities going there like "Tadarus" (read Qur'an 30 juz), Sholat Tarawekh and some ppl stays in the mosque at night to pray in 10 days before Ramadhan's ended, to get "Lailatul Qodr" :)
    I meant coconut milk, ... typing error, sorry :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)