Ramadan Kareem!! (13 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
@Seven - whats so radical about fasting dear friend... evolution doesn't mean that you lose the core values... fasting is one of the core values... but like everything in religion you either follow it or not... if any human being wants to follow it then its his/her choice... Islam says skipping fast if you don't do manual labor or if you are not ill (there are other conditions as well) is a sin... Islam also says cursing is a sin... People fast because they choose to... and people say fuck and cunt a thousand times even while fasting because they choose to... there's nothing radical about either of it... now if a footballer wants to fast because its religous then you should be kind enough to allow him that liberty... like i said earlier if it constituted a lack of professional conduct then the management would fine him or whatever... if they know about it then he is in his democratic right to do so...
what miss dubai said ain't radical... if i'd advise a fellow muslim i'd tell him to fast, i'd never let him/her the opposite (to follow it is his/her choice)... because Islam says you should... its part of the five pillars of basic belief... like a Christian would say believe in Jesus... like a Hindu would say believe in Shiva, like an Atheist would say don't believe in any of it...
No matter how much you love something you always make sacrifices... sometimes you've to sacrifice your job so that you can attain something which gives you more satisfaction... so cut the footballers some slack... give them the freedom to choose... the same freedom you and i have... after all they are just humans like us...

I've no idea why i'm explaining this, because in the end i'm just about sure that it'll fall on deaf ears (eyes?)...

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I've heard she was against her aunt, is that true?

Seven, do you like what you see? Or should we keep looking?

can you guys look one for me?

omg , wtf happened here ?!

i only read this page lol , but no seriously , why are people opposing the fact that fasting is a must ? Regardless if he has an optimal performance to maintain !

Some people are just so ignorant

And "postponding" the fast on behalf of a game is way out of the question .. even if it puts the team's fate into jepordy

Thats all i have to say , now .. What are you guys having for IFtar ? :D
why are you back?? :cry:

Jan 7, 2004
@Seven - whats so radical about fasting dear friend... evolution doesn't mean that you lose the core values... fasting is one of the core values... but like everything in religion you either follow it or not... if any human being wants to follow it then its his/her choice... Islam says skipping fast if you don't do manual labor or if you are not ill (there are other conditions as well) is a sin... Islam also says cursing is a sin... People fast because they choose to... and people say fuck and cunt a thousand times even while fasting because they choose to... there's nothing radical about either of it... now if a footballer wants to fast because its religous then you should be kind enough to allow him that liberty... like i said earlier if it constituted a lack of professional conduct then the management would fine him or whatever... if they know about it then he is in his democratic right to do so...
what miss dubai said ain't radical... if i'd advise a fellow muslim i'd tell him to fast, i'd never let him/her the opposite (to follow it is his/her choice)... because Islam says you should... its part of the five pillars of basic belief... like a Christian would say believe in Jesus... like a Hindu would say believe in Shiva, like an Atheist would say don't believe in any of it...
No matter how much you love something you always make sacrifices... sometimes you've to sacrifice your job so that you can attain something which gives you more satisfaction... so cut the footballers some slack... give them the freedom to choose... the same freedom you and i have... after all they are just humans like us...

I've no idea why i'm explaining this, because in the end i'm just about sure that it'll fall on deaf ears (eyes?)...
core values like say an example ... child brides

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
That's not Islam.Or any other religion for that matter.That's idiocy,which takes place when people misinterpret religion..just like what happens when people misinterpret anything else.

OP
Asma

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #809
    @Ze: you see what I mean when I say it's very radical? She isn't even saying "fasting is a must for muslims". She's just saying it's a must, regardless of all other possible conditions. And after that she calls me ignorant, which is the last thing someone who bases his entire argument on faith alone should do.
    Arguing with someone like you,is such a waste of time

Listening and understanding plays an important role in debates

I rest my case :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    what you may think is "radical" is not necessarily so...it's just your point of view which quite frankly no-one asked for
    She tells me I should fast. Sounds pretty radical to me.

So the core values of Christian faith are the same now as they were 1000 years ago? I beg to differ.

Arguing with someone like you,is such a waste of time

Listening and understanding plays an important role in debates

I rest my case :D
    Coming up with arguments proves to be pretty vital as well. All you say is: this is how it is. Now you can say that all the time, but it doesn't make for a particularly convincing argument. The only one that has made any sense whatsoever is Ze so far. Which is pretty sad.

Look, honey, you reacted angrily to the fact anyone might even consider the slim chance fasting means squat. "Surely we are not debating over the goodness of fasting" was your reaction. This means you think in religious dogmas. Now I'm not saying you should change your dogmas. But I am saying you should keep them away from a rational conversation. They have no place in a rational discussion.

It's also a bit strange to call me ignorant a couple of times as we all know that people who follow a religion choose to be ignorant in more ways than one. You disregard certain knowledge and trust in God. It is your right to do so, but calling people who don't do this ignorant is a bit off.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    A VERY belated Ramadan Mubarak everyone, too much negativism around here, granted in general, but not so suitful for a thread that commerates this special occasion.

O heck, who am I kidding, the only thing I am thinking of right now is how much zambus (or samosas as some of you know them) I can viciously devour in 5 minutes :D My record so far is 14 ;)

She tells me I should fast. Sounds pretty radical to me.
    I dont see her saying that to you anywhere (nor towards any non-muslims), so I fail to say how you intepreted it as such (if you really did, and not just want to argue for the sake of it). When she says fast is a must, she obviously means it for muslims only,its moot to make a further clarifcation when fasting only applies to those of that religion only and non else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)