Ramadan Kareem!! (44 Viewers)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
@ Seven, i really used to respect you and thought you were an intelligent poster, but ur earlier classless posts have changed that, maybe your mum was screwed by a muslim man? feeling bitter about it still? who knows, but it's not nice of me talking about your mum like that is it? one thing you should learn, some people hold their religeon dear to their heart, so a little bit of respect will earn the respect of others, were all juventus fans here

anyways, on topic, i think a huge fuss is being made over something very minor, i mean, has anyone here gone and asked momo if he is fasting? maybe, just maybe, god forbid, he is chosing not to fast and make them up later? :shocked:

and if the guy really wants to fast i think it should be respected, to compare that with being an alcoholic is just....oh dear

i personally think that if he choses to fast during the month, and there is no doubt he will not perform to the best of his ability, he should take a pay cut for that month, that's what i would do in his position, and i think that's the right thing to do

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 1, 2002
if he is fasting, I am sure it is not the first time, and that he can look after his own body's needs.

I have known a few players who could not eat before a match because if nerves, but managed to perform.

My only concern would be dehydration, which could cause harm.

Anyone see him drinking on Sunday?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I agree with you on this. Some people like to exaggerate ('holier than thou') their beliefs and that's perhaps why these athletes are fasting even though they know it's effecting their performance and hence I can understand your frustration.

However, to ridicule Sissoko for fasting without even knowing that he fasted on Sunday or whether that was actually the reason why he didn't perform as well, is completely wrong. Even a scientist tests a theory more than once to prove its validity.
I never ridiculed Sissoko. I have said a couple of times, even in this thread, that I'm a big fan of his and that it wasn't so much Sissoko's personal problem, but a bigger issue whenever you have muslim players on your roster.

@Il Re: I think you mistake disagreeing with insulting. Don't worry, it's a mistake people often make when they think in religious dogmas.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Not really. It has been an argument in Belgium for ages. We have lots of muslim players here and their performance always dramatically drops. Which is very very annoying as they can postpone their Ramadan, but refuse to do so. Hence I think it would be very unprofessional of Sissoko to fast right now.
Ramadan is a month in our calender you ignorant fuck, thats like saying postpone your january :lol:

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
There was a report on Sky Sport 24 before Ramadan about the players who are fasting , they mentioned a lot of names and yes Momo was one of them .

they said that Juventus doctor , Dr.Agricola made a special diet program for Sissoko which will keep him fit for playing matches even if he is fasting .

Sulley Muntari , Kanoute , Abidal , Seydou Keita and Mahamadou Diarra .
All of them were mentioned as a fasting players on that report and a few more but I cant remember the names .

In the other side , Samir Nasri is a Muslim player as you know but he decided not to observe the month of Ramadan this year because he thinks that
playing 90 minutes football and fasting is very difficult .

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
There was a report on Sky Sport 24 before Ramadan about the players who are fasting , they mentioned a lot of names and yes Momo was one of them .

they said that Juventus doctor , Dr.Agricola made a special diet program for Sissoko which will keep him fit for playing matches even if he is fasting .

Sulley Muntari , Kanoute , Abidal , Seydou Keita and Mahamadou Diarra .
All of them were mentioned as a fasting players on that report and a few more but I cant remember the names .

In the other side , Samir Nasri is a Muslim player as you know but he decided not to observe the month of Ramadan this year because he thinks that
playing 90 minutes football and fasting is very difficult .
:tup: why did it take ages for people to figure out that there are doctors at the camp... they decide if you are fit or not... its difficult to hide the fact you are fasting while training... lets say a person takes a sip of water every 15 mins while training... and then one fine day he doesn't drink water for 5 hrs straight in training... you think the coaching staff won't notice? if the coach thinks the player can't perform he won't put him on the field... simple as that... its unprofessional if you hide that you are fasting... if your coach puts you on the field inspite of you fasting and he knows it, then thats his decision and not yours...
don't you think when we signed Momo the doctors at Anfield wouldn't have conveyed the fact to our doctors that he fasts? Because i've seen countless interviews of his where he says he fasts during Ramadhan (not sure if he fasts during a match though)... if Momo has informed the management he fasts then ultimately the final decision rests on Ranieri and his panel of expert doctors... not mine, not yours... those people with degrees there are paid for a reason...

in the end all of us, regardless of our views on this matter, want Momo and Juve to do well... so let him do his job and lets do what we do best, screaming abuses at Secco and Molinaro...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)