Ramadan Kareem!! (33 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Don't they fast on easter?
No, how so?

Among Polish catholics it's a custom that you don't eat meat on Fridays. But if you press people on that they'll tell you that it's more of a tradition than anything else. Still, eating fish instead is not fasting, is it?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It probably is from person to person. Not all Muslims fast either, but I think some Christians do fast in easter.
The only type of fasting Christians do, if you want me to call it like that, is not to eat meat and/or sweets for 40 days around Easter. Don't ask me about the exact dates. It has got more to do with refraining from eating your preferable type of food than just necessarily those I specified, as some sort of sacrifice.

That's not exactly like what Muslims do, isn't it?

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
No, how so?

Among Polish catholics it's a custom that you don't eat meat on Fridays. But if you press people on that they'll tell you that it's more of a tradition than anything else. Still, eating fish instead is not fasting, is it?
I see. I am not totally sure but I think I've heard something about Christians and fasting in easter.

The only type of fasting Christians do, if you want me to call it like that, is not to eat meat and/or sweets for 40 days around Easter. Don't ask me about the exact dates. It has got more to do with refraining from eating your preferable type of food than just necessarily those I specified, as some sort of sacrifice.

That's not exactly like what Muslims do, isn't it?
Ahh, that's not what Muslims do :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I know, that's why most of the non-Muslims find it meaningless.

But a serious question, is there some kind of penitence if a Muslim is caught eating\drinking\etc. during the day in Ramadan?
Its not like there's some special kind of police that monitors if you fast or not.:D

Anyone can eat/drink without getting caught if they wanted to. Thats not the point though, if you're a muslim then you believe that God is omnipotent and omniscient, which of course means that there is no way you can eat/drink without there being a penalty. Though not a worldly penalty if thats what you're asking.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Its not like there's some special kind of police that monitors if you fast or not.:D

Anyone can eat/drink without getting caught if they wanted to. Thats not the point though, if you're a muslim then you believe that God is omnipotent and omniscient, which of course means that there is no way you can eat/drink without there being a penalty. Though not a worldly penalty if thats what you're asking.
What sort of penalty applies then?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I have to say that the feeling after you finally break your fast and have a nice meal is sensational, you never really appreciate food this much any other time. I'm tempted to be an asshole and put up pics of food to spite Melo, but because of the Ramadan spirit, i won't. Hang in there Fake Melo :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I have to say that the feeling after you finally break your fast and have a nice meal is sensational, you never really appreciate food this much any other time. I'm tempted to be an asshole and put up pics of food to spite Melo, but because of the Ramadan spirit, i won't. Hang in there Fake Melo :D
So the real motive is gluttony? Abstain from food now so that you can get a bigger high later? :D

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Aren't you fasting? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)