Rafael Van Der Vart or Rosicky ? (2 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
what Rosicky has is passing skills. this is an area which juve lack in i believe. no one can really thread passes through to our forwards. we have lacked this since ZZ left. i think thats why Rosicky would be good for juve.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Rosicky hands down. Van der Vaart is heavily overrated and has problems with Zlatan to boot. He's talented no doubt but his production to hype ratio is very poor. Rosicky now is the type of player who relishes having targets to hit. He's a brilliant passer and can give our midfield some much needed creativity.

These two guys aren't the only possibilities though and something that has to be taken into account is whether Capello wants to replace Nedved with a playmaker or a wide player. As far as left-sided midfielders go I like the looks of Athletic Bilbao's Fran Yeste. Vicente and Rothen are certified quality and I wouldn't count out Olivera just yet.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++These two guys aren't the only possibilities though and something that has to be taken into account is whether Capello wants to replace Nedved with a playmaker or a wide player. As far as left-sided midfielders go I like the looks of Athletic Bilbao's Fran Yeste. Vicente and Rothen are certified quality and I wouldn't count out Olivera just yet.
I would not be so keen on bringing Spanish wingers to a replace a player who can still be influential while playing in a highly restrictive system. Vicente might work, but again I'm not too big on Spanish midfielders in the Serie A. Rothen is a class player, but he leaves me scratching my head as to why he went to PSG. That, IMO, is a player who was afraid to take the "leap" into a more classy league.

Rosicky can actually play outside, but he too loves more freedom. It might work, as he does like to drift to the wings, but not sure if he would like to stay there all the time.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
Yeste is great,as well as DelHorno........very good left flank for Atletic Bilbao IMO.
Also, isn't Yeste and Del Horno of Basque origin? I'm not sure if they would be that eager to move abroad really, espeically from Spain. But Lizarazu is from Basque country in France, and he moved abroad, so anything is possible. Bottom line is that Spanish midfielders in the Serie A are like missiles being thrown at Stadio Olimpico....a disaster waiting to happen.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
it's been a couple of years since the last high profile Spanish midfielder came to Italy (Mendieta).Personally I don't exactly believe in this jinx and given the quality of the potential Spanish imports I'm willing to take the risk.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
it's been a couple of years since the last high profile Spanish midfielder came to Italy (Mendieta).Personally I don't exactly believe in this jinx and given the quality of the potential Spanish imports I'm willing to take the risk.
Pep Guardiola (Brescia), Gaizka Mendieta (Lazio), and Ivan De La Pena (Lazio) are the most recent Spanish midfielders to play in Serie A. Not to mention strikers Jose Mari and Javi Moreno for Milan. What do these players have in common? Failure.

I know it's not good to stereotype, but these players, aside from Guardiola, were top Spanish footballers in their prime who failed here in Italy. Mendieta was the most disapointing of them all, being played out of position and could not handle the tactics involved in the Italian game. Maybe Vicente could change that curse, but I'm highly skeptical.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Josep Guardiola didn't do that badly,actually.Mendieta couldn't adapt to the Italian game and the others just did badly,plain and simple.

but it'd be a plus for Italy if we could tap into this rich source of talent and overcome another stereotype-that Italian teams play boring football.It'd increase our fanbase and be good for Serie A in general.

There have been more than enough examples of Spanish failures in Italy,but there has got to be a first.And players like Torres and Joaquin are as big as youngsters come.

Besides,we haven't had too many young and talented Spanish imports for a while.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, there is always room for change. I am just not sure if I would be willing to be the gunea pig in this case, except for Vicente and Torres. Those two players would be the only Spanish talents I would bring to Italy....if only we could get them for a reasonable price.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
well,unless we can convince morratti to spend on a couple of Spanish starlets we've probably gotta take the plunge ourselves.

Seeing Moggi and co. I don't think there's much chance of that happening,and Torres and Vicente are never going to come cheap with Roman Abramovich throwing "loose change" all over the continent.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Unfortunately, yeah. We will not be able to meet the financial demands of Valencia or Atletico Madrid respectively for those two players. Unless we sell a few players for a good bit of money, but who are we going to sell?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
we could've cashed in on nedved last year,but it's probably too late now.del piero too.

the only players i could see us selling and fetching a decent enough amount of money to finance our purchases are trezeguet and camoranesi.

OP
sateeh

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #36
    No no no , i dont think juve are gonna sell alex , i think he is gonna retire at juve.
    Yeste is great but , again spanish players dont have a big succes , as they can't adapt to the style of the seriaA.

I think rosicky would be great and he wont be coming cheap, if we sell neddy this year we could get rosicky , but its too big of a risk to bring rosicky or anyone else if we dont have neddy.
    what if he fails ?we should always have back-up , somesay Olivera ?

Geof

May 14, 2004
    what about Meghni?

I never saw him play, but I understand he's highly rated. A french article called him the next Zidane, what do you guys think of him.

I think we've been linked with him recently (goal.com)

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
    you ppl are mad, dyu think that nedved will ever leave the old lady or del piero leave? :S nedved and del piero are in love with the old lady and they will die with juve :D

Geof

May 14, 2004
    they'll maybe die with Juve, but they'll retreat before the death of the old lady...

Neddy will retire after next season.

as for DP, has he ever stated anything about retiring? when does his contract expire?

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    IMO:
    1) The only spanish players I can imagine at juve are Joaquin and Morientes. Joaquin playes on the right side. this means the problem is not solved.
    2) We must make a clear difference between a left winger, and a playmaker, these are 2 Different type of players. Nedved is not a real playmaker, but he needs to be free on the pitch to play good... as he did last year....
    3) VDV: 3-4 years ago, I thougt, he must come to juve. but now I must say it is good, that he is not at juve.. He is only strong when his team plays against weaker sides.. but in big and important games, he can not do anything.. And if Zlatan does not like him, VDV should stay where he is.. If he was a good player, he should have been in another team(chelsea ;)) and not more at Ajax..
    4) Rosicky has great talent, but when was the last time he played a great game? even at the euro 2004 he was unvisible....
    5)Meghni: I don´t know. I heard that too (new Zidane). The same as for VDV, why is he still at Bologna.. and nobody is interested in him..
    6) What about Aimar, I like his style of play. but he is often injuired..:down:
    7) Jankulovski is a very good solution. he is a great player.. did he play as playmaker for Udinese in the past? he must come to juve.. he can play in many positions..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)