Benitez

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
It's to be expected. His job is much harder now than it would be after the season ends. Why risk failing with this current squad with all time low morale at a very low point. If he (or anyone) comes in over the summer then they have a whole off-season to get things right...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Torres has already said that he'll follow Benitez. Benitez+Torres? Yeah baby yeah..
If that happens,we can FORGET about bringing in quality defensive replacements.Then we can start whining about how shite our defense is & that Torres is a flop because our midfielders aren't giving him service.

Benitez is gonna need big buck to work his magic here.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Benitez has signed many mediocre players, but Skrtel and Aurelio are not among them.

They would both walk straight into the current Juve team.
suddenly currently many players would walk straight into juve's first team squad. so that doesn't prove anything...

And that is different to Secco how??? :confused2
there is no difference. but if we have secco and benitez at the same club we will play with 8 grygeras.

:sergio: :sergio: :sergio:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Torres has already said that he'll follow Benitez. Benitez+Torres? Yeah baby yeah..
He and the Spanish players in addition a lot of other players and staff said they would leave last autumn after the Klinnsman debacle to show solidarity to the owners. If Rafa leaves Anfield on his own I wouldn't expect Torres to end up at Juve. If he did put in a transfer request, he would more than likely end up at one of three teams... Barcelona, Chelsea, or Man City.

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
ok, do you guys think we can get benitez at the end of the season. he is a great coach, however, his activities have to be limited in the transfer market.

if he were to quit liverpool, I highly doubt he would go to juve. or am I so pessimistic?

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
well i remember that episode when pool didn't qualify but somehow uefa brought them in... i'm sure liverpool will get in the top 4 at the end of the season.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Benitez, the great deception of a coach.

World Class? Certainly Not.
A Motivator? Only When it suits him.
The Solution? Perhaps.

I have two major concerns about Benitez as our coach:

1. Benitez + Secco is perhaps the most frightening thing that I have ever heard. Even with Bettega, let's say Rafa is given the choice of 3 targets for 3 positions each. 2 of those players that he picks will be shit, the other over-priced. Should it be Benitez-Bettega then this is acceptable provided we do not bring in a single liverpool players aside from Torres.

2.Benitez has shown time and time again that he has a huge inferiority complex towards managers (Fergie,Jose and Voyeur) who all things considered are better than him, debatable on Jose. However, he has proven that he has neither the man-management ability or mental toughness to lead anything other than an isolated cup sqaud.

Perhaps he can remedy this, I'm skeptical but nothing is set in stone.

I expect this as a bare minimum should he be brought in:

A trophy a year, discoounting Super-Cups and Friendly Tournies.

A transfer profit.

A Champions League and at least 2 scudetti if it's a 5 year period.

That isn't excessive if he is a Great Coach, which he isn't but I'll gladly accept him as one if fears 1 and 2 don't come to pass and the two targets are met.

Ancilliary Targets:
Sell PDC
Play Gio

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
But think about it Fred.... he once made his team play attractive football, end up 5th (even though quality wise his team should've ended 6-9th) and that's it.... I don't see the same this year.

For lots of coaches in their 50's you can say that once in their career they made a good achievement, as you can say for Gasperini.....for lots of them you can also say that they did it more than once, but not for Gasperini.

I won't be harsh and call him a bad coach, but I simply can't call him a good coach because there is way too little material to judge him but lots of gray hair on his head.

Still people, lots of the members here, want him in Juve. Why? Really, why? If these same people didn't want Ranieri and dislike him, then what is it that is different about Gasperini when you compare him to Ranieri?
At 51 Ranieri at least had a Coppa Italia and Coppa del Rey as a manager behind him.
I think giving Gasperini a chance at Juve is a really really big risk, i wouldn't do it if i was Juve's board.

But the job Gasperini has done with Genoa is amazing, i don't think his squad last season was as good as you make it out to be. If they ended up anywhere from 8th to 11th nobody would have blamed Gasperini. That is probably where people expected them to be in the start of last season. Instead Genoa got 5th place, and missed out on the CL only on head to head matches with Fiorentina, they were also only 5 points behind Juve and Milan.

Now wanting him at Juve i would agree is too risky. But you have to admit he has proven over the past 3-4 years at Genoa that he is a coach that is capable of building a team from scratch, Genoa have been on a steady development ever since he took over.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I think giving Gasperini a chance at Juve is a really really big risk, i wouldn't do it if i was Juve's board.

But the job Gasperini has done with Genoa is amazing, i don't think his squad last season was as good as you make it out to be. If they ended up anywhere from 8th to 11th nobody would have blamed Gasperini. That is probably where people expected them to be in the start of last season. Instead Genoa got 5th place, and missed out on the CL only on head to head matches with Fiorentina, they were also only 5 points behind Juve and Milan.

Now wanting him at Juve i would agree is too risky. But you have to admit he has proven over the past 3-4 years at Genoa that he is a coach that is capable of building a team from scratch, Genoa have been on a steady development ever since he took over.
I think that giving Zaccheroni a chance here is not a big risk, it's a disaster...and the board did it!
So I wouldn't be surprised if they hire Luxemburgo next!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think that giving Zaccheroni a chance here is not a big risk, it's a disaster...and the board did it!
So I wouldn't surprise if they hire Luxemburgo next!
Hiring Zacheronni is an even bigger risk thats true. But he'll probably just be at Juve till the end of the season, a season that has already ended for Juve anyways.

May 22, 2007
Hiring Zacheronni is an even bigger risk thats true. But he'll probably just be at Juve till the end of the season, a season that has already ended for Juve anyways.
We're a long way from the finish line. That's why it was vital to bring in the right manager for the remaining 17 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)