Radu Dragusin (8 Viewers)

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Good game... our defense was bad position in the first goal but that's nothing but normal considering they don't have any playing time together

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Except the one where he lost his man in the corner (thank God Arthur cleared the line), he was really good, I don't think I've seen anyone got past him. Really strong and composed.

Jun 16, 2020
Didn’t think he was very impressive yesterday, but it’s not difficult to see that he has potential. For me he was to passive in duels sometimes and to wild when dribbling with the ball. And besides that the marking mistake when we conceded.

He’s coming from a very impressive year in mainly U19 and U23 in the end, where he mostly played in a defense of 4. Surely better than Gozzi, Vlasenko, Coccolo etc and just 18 so room for a lot of improvement. In order to grow he has to make more minutes on the pitch.

Hopefully we can provide him at least 5 other games and then see where things will go.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I see that Dragusin is getting the blame for Genoa’s first goal, but I don’t think that’s fair.

When the ball gets played in Demiral is still on Scamacca. What is Wesley doing? Why is he not in the box? The play is in front of him, shouldn’t be that difficult. Even he knows he fucked up, look at his reaction after the goal. He also fucked up on their second goal by not closing out. Just lazy defending.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I see that Dragusin is getting the blame for Genoa’s first goal, but I don’t think that’s fair.

When the ball gets played in Demiral is still on Scamacca. What is Wesley doing? Why is he not in the box? The play is in front of him, shouldn’t be that difficult. Even he knows he fucked up, look at his reaction after the goal. He also fucked up on their second goal by not closing out. Just lazy defending.
It's a mixture of things but ultimately Wesley needs to be awake to either deal with it or at least make the chance much more difficult.

Chiellini and Demiral are marking one man between them (Scamacca), Dragusin blocks off Pjaca, so it leaves the right back area exposed. Really that defensive pattern should shift one over so Demiral covers Pjaca and then Dragusin flicks the header away, but what a more experienced defender than Dragusin would do is follow the ball there and cover his right back rather than stand still to block a single man. Wesley is very attacking and it's foolish to presume he will be in position without even looking. Safety first. That's two or more defenders not doing well, but Demiral is also rightly transfixed on the height of Scamacca.

Jun 16, 2020

Still Dragusin imo but Wesley shouldve done better

But we can expect conceding like that with 2 U23 players

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
According to Di Marzo, Leipzig has made an important offer to Drago and now Paratici will have to compete against that to renew the player.
He is our fifth choice CB and that won't change until Chiellini retires, so if a relatively big team like Leipzig comes in offering decent playing time he should take it if he wants to realize his true potential. I'd love to keep him though, as he shows real maturity and is a homegrown talent with high upside. We seem to always have 1-2 CB:s injured so it's good to have depth in that position. It's up to him now.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
He is our fifth choice CB and that won't change until Chiellini retires, so if a relatively big team like Leipzig comes in offering decent playing time he should take it if he wants to realize his true potential. I'd love to keep him though, as he shows real maturity and is a homegrown talent with high upside. We seem to always have 1-2 CB:s injured so it's good to have depth in that position. It's up to him now.
We absolutely need Chiellini to retire this summer.

4ndr3i

Aug 2, 2012
We should renew him and fast, then maybe loan him out.

Leipzig could be very tempting for a young CB, especially if Upamecano leaves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)