Racism fine again!! (7 Viewers)

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
i was talking about romanian gypsies nzoric, i can't speak about other countries gypsies cuz i don't know the situation. the kids get free school, money per month, free breakfast and free books 'till the 4th grade. not many fathers give their childs to school, and even if they give them the comunity treats those childs very very bad. i had a gipsy in our class, he didn't passed so he repeated the year

@a - yep they are..i've read about england's gypsies in the beggining of the 19th century (they were classier than an englishman in that time..didn't steal, worked for money, took care of his clothes etc..)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't agree with this view. I have quite a number of friends / people I know in Serbia who are gypsies and well integrated into the society. I think that's great. Other than that, you have to look at the bad cycle their kids are born into. I mean, can you really blame the kid begging on the street when one of his eyes was gouged out ? In Serbia (and probably Romania too) there are barely jobs for well functioning individuals - let alone people who were intentionally handicapped.

---------- Post added 27.02.2012 at 23:59 ----------

Not as far as I know. They speak the same language all across the world.
Apparently, my ancestors could have been Lithuanian gypsies. So I'm always interested to hear about them.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Apparently, my ancestors could have been Lithuanian gypsies. So I'm always interested to hear about them.
They do have a fascinating history. I had a book recommended to me by my professor on european gypsies - forgot the name. If you're interested I could always PM you the title when I talk to him?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
:inter:
pretty straight forward admitting to being an idiot for stooping to 'their' level but hard to control one's self when all they do is mock every word, a serious discourse is impossible
This guy is being a bit of a parody, he knows what he is replying with is stupid and infantile/bigoted, but he excuses it by saying "they started it" so he has to emotionally regress like that? Bit ironic as you said. Talk about oversensitive type of idiocy.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It says first that with the colonization after the first world war, there was a great influx of Italian migrants to Libya and that by 1939, they constituted 13% of the population (37% and 31% in Tripoli and Bengazi). There was thus a massive augmentation of the number of Catholics in Libya at the time.

It says then that the Italians restructured an old Roman theater. With the Italian colonization came also considerable construction programs which greatly ameliorated Libya's infrastructures, with new roads, bridges, railroads, docks, edifices, etc. The Libyan economy also boomed during that time. However, Italian activities made arable lands around Cyrene semi-desertic.

The Italians also did considerable archaeological projects in old Roman cities such as Leptis Magma and Cyrene. By the 1930s, Libya was considered as the new America for Italian immigrants.

They tried to mildly assimilate the Muslim Libyans by creating 10 villages for Arabs and Berbers that had their own mosques, schools, social centers (cinemas and gymnasiums), hospital. This kind of westernized and advanced settlements for local populations were unseen in North Africa at the time.
They would however have to be part of the Italian Empire in case of a victory over the Allies in the Second World War.

The tourist business was also developed and maintained by the Italians, which generated a lot of revenues.

In 1937, the Italian governor had a project of integration to integrate completely Libya into the Kingdom of Italy, which was done by 1939.

That's pretty much what it says. I don't know how much of it is true, though.
They threw us in concentration camps, they killed, raped and plundered. At one point, A third of the population of Cyrenica(present day Benghazi) were in concentration camps. Bullshit they tried to assimilate the Arabs and Berbers.

The Italians heinous crimes in Libya are very well documented.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Coming up this Wednesday most likely :tup:

If there are any other subjects you have an interest for I can always recommend you books. (Or if I haven't read them, smarter people than me can recommend me the books :p )
Thanks bro. I've been reading books like a mother recently. I'm currently down to a few books on writing and feudal japan.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
How many goddamn languages do you speak? :D
one at a time

è proprio quello che ho fatto. ti sembra stò continuando a scrivere?
e non sono stato certo io a iniziare
:D ok, first lets stop speaking italian :) some cultural differences wont get through regardless of what language they're spoken in, we shoudl stick to football.

Jul 1, 2010
They threw us in concentration camps, they killed, raped and plundered. At one point, A third of the population of Cyrenica(present day Benghazi) were in concentration camps. Bullshit they tried to assimilate the Arabs and Berbers.

The Italians heinous crimes in Libya are very well documented.
I merely translated the article, I didn't comment on what I thought about it :D

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
I said your country has a barbaric past. At least other colonial powers left something of use to their colonies, the French left their judicial system and taught their language to their colonies, the English left a very good administrative system in their colonies, the Italians did nothing but kill, rape and plunder.
Well, if anything, Italy's colonialism in Africa doesn't share the mass-slavery or genocide of the British and French. Although, I suppose Haitians and Native Americans can take comfort in their knowledge of French and English.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
FYI Fred French and English are both way worse then Italy, simply because couple decades of colonization cant be compared to centuries of it...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Well, if anything, Italy's colonialism in Africa doesn't share the mass-slavery or genocide of the British and French. Although, I suppose Haitians and Native Americans can take comfort in their knowledge of French and English.
Italians took Ethiopean and Somali slaves too. Its just that they didn't colonize enough African countries to be as active a participant in the slave trade as France and Britain. Plus, what Italy did in Libya was genocide, or at best bordering on genocide. They did absolutely nothing in the country other than make concentration camps, and commit mass killings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)