R. Carlos vs Zambrotta (1 Viewer)

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++

[sarcasm[
agreed 100% and thats all that should matter now shouldnt it??

i mean why didnt we buy beckham and raul too??

moggi is such a dumbass :rolleyes: :groan::groan:

]/sarcasm]
LAC you should have read whole message that i wrote and previous posts. I wrote that he is goodlooking just because on 2 page ppl where discussing this matter, while after that sentence i tried to form my own point of view about these 2 players.:(

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
R.Carlos is the best LB in the world unarguablly,he's got much stronger shots he's much faster they're tied in stamina R.Carlos is more technical i dont think we can compare anyone with R.Carlos.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i heard Lippi is just a stand in and zambro actually coaches as well:D

Carlos is the best left back in the world, because he is a natural left back and has dominated for seasons now.

Zambro has become the second best left back in the world, but also, he gets the same tactics as carlos, in terms of having the whole left wing to attack and defend on.

zambro is more versitile and physically stronger as well. Carlos is faster but zambro uses his dribbling skills better which makes him as fast as anyone.

zambro has better crosses whereas Carlos does the freakish shots from miles out and bends the ball like a fuking banana.

experience overall goes to carlos.

i'd still have carlos as my left back, but i think zambrotta would be useful in any team also.

zambrotta is slowly becoming my favourite player.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I can't believe how fast Zambro has become! And to see him getting past the cul de sac situations of yester year is a bonus but Carlos is on another level as a wing back. IMHO he is better than Zambro but we all know that our man is improving in leaps & bounds. It is an exciting time to watch a star in the making :star:

Did you guys see the banner with a black & white jet with the inscriptions:
Zambrotta
Jet
:D

eringi

Jul 15, 2002
Zambrotta still has to prove himself on the big stage, i mean where the whole world will see him play. Euro 2004 will just be that, until then in many people's eyes RC will remain the best Left back there is as he has time and time again proved he is just that.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
zambrotta still a rookie compare to RC....the name still dont sound spell toughness.... nothing like maldini or roberto carlos....
maybe after some European Cl titles or a couple of EUROs and a world cup, people will recognize him more..

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
Yes, Zambrotta has improved. I think the turning point was that game against Manchester at home where he slid and Veron passed to Giggs then scored. That was the last 'bad' game he has had. Ever since then he has been excellent. Lippi switched him back to the right side of midfield against Real Madrid and he outplayed RC.

But still I think RC is the best LB in the business today. Maybe in a few years when he'll be 32, Zambro will catch him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)