Quitting smoking (5 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I have been smoking since I was 18, and it is all BS...I've never gone above 6 cigarettes a day...can quit whenever I want
That only means you are not properly addicted and thats good for you.
But there are people have a real problem and all what i mentioned are merely clinical symptoms, present in the last majority of chronic smokers who are trying to quit. It is a fact that cannot be denied and it has been discussed in medical congresses i assisted, backed up with statistical studies.
People who are trying to quit this drug, really are suffering!
For me, it was a days decision to quit and i never touched a cigarette again,
(except an occasional victory cigar on extremely rare cases:spliff: )
But i wasnt addicted either...

For quitting smoking you must consider the benefits it gives you and you people who live beside you.
-Smoking is officially admitted as a major cancer risk factor
-and it provokes or aggravates cardiovascular problems, both by direct and indirect mechanisms.
-It also affects you and the people you love, you condemn them too
-Its a major financial issue too, taxes are constantly rising, new laws forbidding/banning it from public places may lead to additionally costs by the new fines set for this. The average 60 year old smoke could afford the money to buy a MERCEDES SLK, if he were saving all this money:shocked:
-It is not considered a cool habit anymore, it only demonstrates the lack of respect to people, to nature and above all, to your self!
-It is not considered the forbidden pleasure, only few adult men, are brave enough to enjoy. Most of the nerds who want to look "tough" and "different/special" do smoke, only very few mature and really special people resist...

As for what to do with your empty hands, here are a few ideas,
you may curry a rosary, a mobile phone, your car keys, or keep your hands in your pocket;)

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Sadly i been smoking for bout 13 years, tried several times to kick it but was unsuccessful. The first years i was smoking random brands then for around 4 years i was at bout 2 packs a day (reds) for the past 4 years have been under a pack of Marlboro lights. These days i have switched to Marlboro ultra lights 72's in a last ditch effort to give it up.....I am now really serious about quitting it all together and am taking big steps in order to insure that i quit for good.... one of the main steps is not hanging around friends that smoke or going to bars for the first couple months...its gonna be tough..but needs to be done...

Funny thing is i can still run and swim long distances and really dont feel the effects as long as i maintain my exercise regime. My old coaches used to tell me "This is while you smoke, imagine if you didnt!" wish i listened could have had a good chance playing b-ball or soccer...My advice to anyone..dont start,its the worst habit and is only a gateway to other things...

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I have been a smoker for 4 years now. Eventhough it is a short period of time i now smoke 2.5-3 packs of "Wolter Wolf"-black a day!! I am not addicted because i can go for days without smoking a cigarete but its just that i dont know what else to do with my hands when i am sitting in my faculty with my friends or sitting home watching TV, or when i walk on the street and stuff like that!! This may sound stupid to you all but that is my case!!

OP
Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #73
    My advice to anyone..dont start,its the worst habit and is only a gateway to other things...
    why did you start? I've been told by many smoker to not smoke and i've gotta say i find it pretty ironic

I have been a smoker for 4 years now. Eventhough it is a short period of time i now smoke 2.5-3 packs of "Wolter Wolf"-black a day!! I am not addicted because i can go for days without smoking a cigarete but its just that i dont know what else to do with my hands when i am sitting in my faculty with my friends or sitting home watching TV, or when i walk on the street and stuff like that!! This may sound stupid to you all but that is my case!!
    :shifty: 3 packs a day and you say its not an addiction. If you wanted something to do with you're hands grab a pen or something.. is it worth the health risk if its just "busy hands" that you've got?

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #76
    ßüякε;1796628 said:
    SMoking is so good for you.
    good point... Lance Armstrong is a self proclaimed smoker

"i smoke cigarettes everyday" - Lance Armstrong, goal.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Occupy it by working on your "muscles".

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    A scarry thing just happened to me.

I was sitting in front of my PC and i wanted to smoke a cigarette. Then i realized that the cigarettes weren't in this room.
    My initial reaction was to type "cigarettes" in "Search for files and folders" option, so my computer will locate them.

Martin, what's happening to me ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)