Quagliarella (1 Viewer)

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
that midfield will get eaten alive. There's no ball winner in that group......
We will need to start Zanetti or Nocerino somewhere in our midfield if we want to compete. Most people like to hear words like creative and ball control and attack minded, but the fact of the matter is that we can't expect our back 4 to do all the ball winning. Offense stems from the midfield and defense begins there as well. Without ball winners in the CM, we will be eaten alive in Serie A.

Buy on AliExpress.com

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Tiago is quite the ball winner, but he also got ball distribution. I'm not saying he's gattuso, but even slowpoke Emerson was great in his position without being overly active or aggresive.

Zanetti is a ball winner but Im not too thrilled about his positioning, he's great in manmarking though.
Emerson is very underrated on these forums.

Tiago should start next to Zanetti or Nocerino. That is a good CM with players who work hard and can still link defense and offense. Also, with our current roster I don't see how a 433 would make any sense. It actually seems slightly idiotic. We have a perfect roster for the 4-4-2. Look at my sig to see my lineup.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Emerson is very underrated on these forums.

Tiago should start next to Zanetti or Nocerino. That is a good CM with players who work hard and can still link defense and offense. Also, with our current roster I don't see how a 433 would make any sense. It actually seems slightly idiotic. We have a perfect roster for the 4-4-2. Look at my sig to see my lineup.
we have sum1 better than emo now - almiron better passer, faster, but perhaps not as technically gifted as emo

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
hmm i disagree, almiron is not that far off emo
Not far off, but off none the less. He will progess. How far is up to him. I think he needs to improve his defending if he wants to start on Juventus. Or maybe Ranieri just wants to attack. Either way, my problem with Almiron as a regular in the starting CM is that he is prone to spurts of laziness when dropping back in defence. Tiago on the other hand works hard and gets back. His defending is below average, but his work rate makes his defence look ok. I like Tiago. Hopefully Almiron will get up to his level so we have a few options. It is nice to know that if we fall behind in a game we could throw Almiron in CM next to Tiago and have a nice little attack. Could even drop Nedved to CM and put Sali or Palla out there. Lots of options!

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Fabio: It's payback time

Udinese hitman Fabio Quagliarella has reassured President Giampaolo Pozzo that he will justify his summer price tag.

The 23-year-old striker showed lethal form last term at Sampdoria where he fired 13 goals, including a whole hosts of spectacular strikes.

As he was co-owned by the Blucerchiati and Udinese, who both wanted to keep him, Quagliarella’s future was decided in a blind auction which saw the Zebrette pay around £5m for his signature.

However, there have been constant rumours, before and after the auction, that the Neapolitan ace may quit the Stadio Friuli for a bigger side such as Manchester United.

“I’m staying in Udine because I want to repay President Giampaolo Pozzo’s faith in me,” Quagliarella insisted when quizzed on Raisport.

“He invested a large amount of money in me and I signed a five-year deal, so of course I’ll be playing for the Zebrette. This is a pivotal year and I’m happy to be here despite Manchester United’s interest.”

Udinese are currently in Bergamo but will complete their pre-season preparations in England with a trip to Coventry City’s Ricoh Arena on August 4.

channel 4

Milan is ready to offer 15mln euros for Quagliarella.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/index.php?action=read&id=67977

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Udinese Make It Loud And Clear: Quagliarella Is Here To Stay

Udinese have decided to officially deny the transfer rumors involving their top players.
After their newest prized possession Fabio Quagliarella was once again linked to a Serie A giant, this time to AC Milan on an article that appeared on this morning’s La Gazzetta dello Sport, the 'Friuliani’ categorically denied through the mouth of their general manager Leonardi the repeated stories appearing of late on the Italian print-media.
“I will say it in an official form so there are no doubts remaining. Quagliarella and Di Natale are staying at Udinese!
“There are people that enjoy creating confusion around Udinese, but from this year we will always answer-back to the provocations.
“It is incredible how on the same newspaper that wrote this morning’s Quagliarella news, on the next page there was a quote of our chairman Pozzo that clearly stated Quagliarella was staying-put.”
La Gazzetta’s article reported the European champions were close to acquiring Quagliarella’s services for around 15 million Euros, adding however that the deal was complicated as Udinese wanted 20.
The Italy forward, whose heroics allowed the Azzurri to win in Lithuania last month, joined Udinese this summer from Sampdoria.

goal.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
i hope he will stay in italy for the next years... it's a shame that many italians left serie a for other countries
Why? Because the Italy NT might end up like the France NT of the late 90s and win all sorts of World Cups and Euro championships? :confused2

Paolo Rossi

World Champion
Jul 8, 2007
Italy is not like other countries. If a player is not playing for Serie A or a big team, he will most likely not get called up for the National Team. The chances of Bianchi and Lucarelli being called up by Donadoni are slim now and that can only hurt our National Team.

Guys like Zola, Cudicini, Carboni, MAresca, Miccoli know this all too well.

Also if you are playing for a mediocre team like Reggina or Livorno the chances are slim as well. Can someone tell me how the f**k di Inzaghi make the NT last year when he hardly played and was horrible and yet Lucarelli or Tavano who scored 19 goals were told to stay home?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
no it's because we lose italian stars and fill italian clubs with foreign
While Serie A does suffer from too many foreign players, IMO, I don't see there being a problem with Italian players going overseas and making names for themselves in bigger clubs. That can only help the national club. It certainly was a key boost for France in the late 90s. It's becoming a boost for NTs like even the U.S.'s now.

Italy is not like other countries. If a player is not playing for Serie A or a big team, he will most likely not get called up for the National Team. The chances of Bianchi and Lucarelli being called up by Donadoni are slim now and that can only hurt our National Team.

Guys like Zola, Cudicini, Carboni, MAresca, Miccoli know this all too well.

Also if you are playing for a mediocre team like Reggina or Livorno the chances are slim as well. Can someone tell me how the f**k di Inzaghi make the NT last year when he hardly played and was horrible and yet Lucarelli or Tavano who scored 19 goals were told to stay home?
I do see how you could see that tendency. But it's also true that most of the players sent overseas aren't among Italy's best to begin with. Cassano is one example, but the guy was doomed to piss people off and wank off regardless. Miccoli couldn't make first team at Juventus, so why would he play for the Italy NT? Maresca, same deal. Cudicini? He's been on the bench for most of the last couple of years, and how is he going to unseat Buffon?

So I'm not entirely convinced yet that Italians overseas are overlooked for the NT for that fact alone. Particularly since Italy rarely exports their best.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Juventus: Quagliarella plan.
Juventus is looking to reinforce their attack. They are tracking Quagliarella, athough Udinese does not want to sell before next June. The Piemontese side are looking to option the player in order to burn time on their rivals in 2008.

Corriere dello Sport

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Juventus: Quagliarella plan.
Juventus is looking to reinforce their attack. They are tracking Quagliarella, athough Udinese does not want to sell before next June. The Piemontese side are looking to option the player in order to burn time on their rivals in 2008.

Corriere dello Sport
At this moment in time, the key objective is to stabilize the position with the back four. Initially, if we are intending to keep Georgio Chiellini, then we have to tell Liverpoo* to F*** off with their reported derisory offer of £7m.

If not we better have a Plan B to bring in both Meira and Barzagli in quick time.

As for Quaglierella, unless and until we lose one or possibly two of our existing strikers, then the immediate arrival of Quaggers is the usual CdS hot-air. Personally, I would sign the Udinese player straight away - avoiding all this option crap -and sell Zalayeta. It's not exactly rocket science, I appreciate.

* Benitez has already signed 10 players, and has stated the figure could rise to 15.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)